Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 43 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    just tried it without touching the imps, as soon as they spawned i used soul shatter, got my pit lord to breath on them and then used my gateway, they still come after me, why?!!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    It should be doable in any of the 3 specs without making changes to your ui/addons. as you suggested previously, it should be we have to use our own minions not a pit lord we've never had to control before.
    Why should it?

It's a fun encounter that requires you to play well, execute some easy, but punishing mechanics and use some tools you wouldn't usually.

I had to make zero modifications to my UI, add almost nothing to my action bars bar enslave demon and certainly didn't require any new addons. If your UI is so convoluted that it simply doesn't favor the encounter - then use the blizzard UI for it, which the encounter works perfectly well with. You can't blame blizz for not catering to every damn UI / addon usage out there when it works just dandy with default.

Stand infront of your pitlord - dispelling is now a complete none-issue. That's a "strategy" - I believe those are generally used to kill bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by herpslap View Post
    Been trying kenrethad all week, starting the day the tome could be dropped. No luck killing kenrethad all day. Currently 477 ilvl and I've had LFR on farm since I returned to WoW. I've got keybinds, macros, and 3 years experience as a lock but once I get to the fel hunter phase I always slip up on something and usually get killed by cataclysm or a chaos bolt. I have had at the least 60+ encounters done, the farthest I have gotten him was 40%. Its just not happening. It feels a tad bit overtuned but it might be just my gear.
    477 is a bit low but if you're getting him to 40% then you can probably kill him. Are you sending your Pit Lord to the opposite side of the room before the Felhunters come out? That's the safest most reliable way of avoiding him when they dispell your Enslave and giving you time to nuke them down.

Some people are using his Charge and Breath on the Felhunters and RoF the portal as they come out, or sending the Pit Lord behind the portal to LoS the dispell. I wouldn't recommend those strats however, especially with your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Why should it?

It's a fun encounter that requires you to play well, execute some easy, but punishing mechanics and use some tools you wouldn't usually.

I had to make zero modifications to my UI, add almost nothing to my action bars bar enslave demon and certainly didn't require any new addons. If your UI is so convoluted that it simply doesn't favor the encounter - then use the blizzard UI for it, which the encounter works perfectly well with. You can't blame blizz for not catering to every damn UI / addon usage out there when it works just dandy with default.

Stand infront of your pitlord - dispelling is now a complete none-issue. That's a "strategy" - I believe those are generally used to kill bosses.
    well thank you for your 'useful' contribution.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    477 is a bit low but if you're getting him to 40% then you can probably kill him. Are you sending your Pit Lord to the opposite side of the room before the Felhunters come out? That's the safest most reliable way of avoiding him when they dispell your Enslave and giving you time to nuke them down.

Some people are using his Charge and Breath on the Felhunters and RoF the portal as they come out, or sending the Pit Lord behind the portal to LoS the dispell. I wouldn't recommend those strats however, especially with your gear.
    I think its the fact that I have the charge on cd at all times during the first phase then when the fel hunters come out I have the most trouble I have no idea what to do with my pit lord.

Deleted
    well thank you for your 'useful' contribution.
    Nothing in the post I replied to was asking for advise, just complaining that blizzards class quest apparently wasn't addon friendly and required you to use enslave demon instead of your own pet - I don't get why you expect a "useful" contribution in reply to that.

Read the thread if you want useful / helpful rundowns of how to beat the encounter, I posted it back on page 36 with a bit more a few pages earlier.

Demonic Circle placement is where you want to be standing when imps spawn and where you want to be close to when felhunters spawn.

Stand infront of the pitlord almost 24/7 and the debuffs may as well not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i've been trying to kill him for the past 8 hours or so, but the damn felhunter phase is what's getting me. In order to prevent the felhunters from eating the enslave, does he have to be LoS'd or just really far away or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZSmokey View Post
    So i've been trying to kill him for the past 8 hours or so, but the damn felhunter phase is what's getting me. In order to prevent the felhunters from eating the enslave, does he have to be LoS'd or just really far away or something?
    I don't think there's a set in stone answer, best bet is to have both, but I just had him far away. He was eventually un-enslaved, but he was far away enough that I could focus the felhunters and enslave him before he reached me.

Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but most likely a bug. I was in the habit of SS myself and noticed a couple strange things. If you res from your SS fast enough, the encounter will continue, and you'll have to re-enslave the Pit Lord. On one other time I used the SS during the pup phase, and I must have just been a half a second off from clicking the res, and everything de-spawned but the boss. No Pit Lord, no adds. I was unable to continue for any time like this to see if additional spawns would happen because of a Chaos bolt. I'm sure if cata is cast again I'd be dead... I'm still trying to do this legitimately, and don't think this bug would really change the encounter unless the boss no longer casts cata. I'm 481 with mostly PVP gear on since I don't raid on this toon. I will say it's hard, but it's doable once getting the mechanics down, which I have not mastered yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd contest that standing in his breath kills me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'd contest that standing in his breath kills me.
    The pitlord has an absolutely absurd heal he can cast on you with a relatively short CD - you should be able to stand in it for a few ticks regularly with zero trouble. The breath seemed to tickle me when I was doing it and made dispelling a complete none-issue, the macro was completely redundant.

The only time I ever found myself to be taking enough damage to make it not worthwhile was when there was also a rain of fire in the area.

Deleted
    I posted it back on page 36 with a bit more a few pages earlier.
    http://s24.postimage.org/42nfz8cdt/blacktemple.jpg
    I tried this position too, but failed constantly - so I then tried a different approach, which worked a lot better for me.
    The black circle shows where I placed my pit lord during the fel hound phases - enslave never got dispelled.

Anyone tried doing normal BT after finishing the green fire quest? I'm stuck in another phase and can't see any mobs/bosses/party members even though they're right next to me.

i know i am doing something seriously fundementally wrong in this encounter, what it is i have no clue. sometimes i make it past the 1st imps with ease sometimes i get shit on, when i do make it to the 1st felpups though thats when shit really goes wrong for me. not sure what else i can do, i send my pit lord far away i have had him los and it still gets dispelled. i iknow i have the gear level to do, 494 might be a bit low but the dmg is there. im completely at a loss for words. great encounter but im just not doing something or i am missing something. this will die!

10+ Year Old Account
    The pitlord has an absolutely absurd heal he can cast on you with a relatively short CD - you should be able to stand in it for a few ticks regularly with zero trouble. The breath seemed to tickle me when I was doing it and made dispelling a complete none-issue, the macro was completely redundant.

The only time I ever found myself to be taking enough damage to make it not worthwhile was when there was also a rain of fire in the area.
    The thing is though, that normally I'm not finding Singe and UW any less than necessary; I can handle missing a dispel absolutely fine and still get to the second pair of Felhunters or beyond. But, more than once I have found that the shared use of icons has caused me to waste a cooldown on one of them and it is just this stupid annoying thing that causes me to totally loose focus. The major issue I'm having is that while I'm finding Destruction by far the easiest spec to deal with the mechanics, it is also by far my worst spec for dealing damage; I'm seeing the second Doom Lord at ~25% which simply isn't good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that we have green fire, what's next?

I vote for scarlet, purple or black fire.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I'd recommend going affliction for it if it's taking that long as destro - I managed to kill him before the second felhunter phase with that, can't say I find destruction any better at dealing with the mechanics than affliction bar it's slight advantage in bursting down the felhunters.

I'd much rather deal with one felhunter phase as affliction than two as destruction, regardless of any advantages dest holds - for me the entire fight always hinged on that first felhunter phase.

Ofcourse your dps mileage may vary depending on gear / skill / luck, but if you can pull the numbers I'd at least try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The thing is though, that normally I'm not finding Singe and UW any less than necessary; I can handle missing a dispel absolutely fine and still get to the second pair of Felhunters or beyond. But, more than once I have found that the shared use of icons has caused me to waste a cooldown on one of them and it is just this stupid annoying thing that causes me to totally loose focus. The major issue I'm having is that while I'm finding Destruction by far the easiest spec to deal with the mechanics, it is also by far my worst spec for dealing damage; I'm seeing the second Doom Lord at ~25% which simply isn't good enough.
    Then you are obviously playing destro wrong. I am Ilvl 498 (dont have T14 4p) and I kill him before the before the 2nd doom guard if I use a flask, and right after if I dont use a flask (i've killed him a few times for fun) I also did the fight with Dragonwrath and my helm unequipped to get me down to Ilvl 464 exactly and I was able to down him a few seconds before hitting the enrage (wasn't using flask or purification pot). Don't blame blizzard because you aren't performing as well as you should. You can do better.

15+ Year Old Account
    just tried it without touching the imps, as soon as they spawned i used soul shatter, got my pit lord to breath on them and then used my gateway, they still come after me, why?!!
    He summons three at a time every .5 seconds for ten seconds. All sixty don't appear until after he's finished channeling the spell.

For the imps, I have found that the best place to stand is right behind the pit lord. About halfway along his tail. This makes the imps move a little closer to get the full effect of the Pit Lords fire. Go ahead and cast your ROF, but wait till all the imps have been summoned before casting his fire and then doing a soul shatter.