Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unflagged on Isle of Thunder (pvp server)

Here on Ursin, I'm seeing a LOT of blueflagged horde on the isle. Ursin is a pvp realm, however, and the realm is contested territory. Is there an item or trick I'm not aware of? Is this the result of an exploit or bug?

I noticed the same thing in my realm. I was wondering the same as you. Couldn't find anything about this problem yet :\

15+ Year Old Account
    Bug probably, should get resolved soon I guess.
    Kinda gamebreaking.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Seen it for Horde quite often, happened to me too with Alliance turning "yellow". Never saw an Alliance turn unattackable though so I see no reason to fix this.

Deleted
    I had the same bug happening to me but before 5.2 . If you join a group team - like sha - on a pve realm , and leave the group , sometimes you wont get flagged back for some reason . Not bad on a 7/3 ratio like my realm ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Here on Ursin, I'm seeing a LOT of blueflagged horde on the isle. Ursin is a pvp realm, however, and the realm is contested territory. Is there an item or trick I'm not aware of? Is this the result of an exploit or bug?
    I'm pretty sure when you have the buff that changes you into a lizard, you will not be pvp flagged, or are you finding it everywhere ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Perhaps might be linked to the choice of PvE/PvP quests? Not sure, just clutching at straws a bit, but might explain why players have become unattackable...?
    Only PvE quests are available atm regardless of sort of realm
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Based on the stuff in here, it might be faction specific? I haven't seen any blue flagged Alliance, but I see blue flagged horde (invincible, but able to attack me if they so choose, which would presumably flag them) quite a bit.

In any event, definitely game breaking if they are playing by pve rulesets on Ursin. And these aren't imports- they are Ursinites.

The Sha theory and the failure to flag seem likely. I will take this to the official forums. I was wondering if this was deliberate or accidental.

Check their realm, I thought I remembered blizzard saying some cross realm groups included both pve and pvp realms, so the pve players wouldn't be flagged if they were mixed. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Check their realm, I thought I remembered blizzard saying some cross realm groups included both pve and pvp realms, so the pve players wouldn't be flagged if they were mixed. Just a thought
    If they are on a PvP server due to CRZ (not enabled in MoP zones yet so not able to be because of this) or RealID invite they will be autoflagged the same as anyone else on the realm.

I've noticed it, too, and I don't think I've noticed unflagged Alliance either. All of them are also from my server, no cross-server people. I was derping on my feral druid and realized all of the ally who passed me by were yellow. The only thing I can think of is that it's a glitch with the quest givers, since (I think?) you're unflagged when you enter the invisi-bubble thing. It has to be a glitch with that, but I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to it, or if it just randomly misses flagging people.

You get it by going into the "sanctuary" zones, I was dodging in and out of the Horde's starting one because the Alliance were camping on Outland-EU, ended up losing my tag and went off on my business.

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but for imbalanced servers it's a godsend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Bug probably, should get resolved soon I guess.
    Kinda gamebreaking.
    yeah it have been happening since before 5.1 so good luck w/ that

you have to realize that anyone at blizz still working on wow nowadays is probably either:
    A. so bad that other teams didn't want them
    B. a lazy guy who prefers to stay on a relaxed, low-pressure job of maintaining a well oiled game where all the hard work have already been done a long time ago

there's probably only a handful of programmers still working on it anyway

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 04:03 PM ----------

Welp, it's actually very easy to trigger, hence why people are abusing the heck out of it:
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...p-servers.html

Nice QA blizzard!

Also you'd think they'd read ownedcore since those people are basically doing their QA department's job and actually find bugs with detailed intructions to reproduce them.

I've had the same thing happen several times over the past couple of days, it also flagged me a couple of times as well

Deleted
    yeah its a bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    You get it by going into the "sanctuary" zones, I was dodging in and out of the Horde's starting one because the Alliance were camping on Outland-EU, ended up losing my tag and went off on my business.

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but for imbalanced servers it's a godsend.
    Sorry bro, that's our Island now

Deleted
    i'm reporting every blueshielding shit I see as cheater, hopefully GMs will get tired of the spam and get the devs to get their fat ass in gear and fix this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Stunlol View Post
    Sorry bro, that's our Island now
    You see, I don't mind that. I do find it annoying when I get 2 terribad Alliance prots just humping my leg while I try to do the dailies with 15 minutes before reset. Ended up missing the deadline by about a minute -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    You see, I don't mind that. I do find it annoying when I get 2 terribad Alliance prots just humping my leg while I try to do the dailies with 15 minutes before reset. Ended up missing the deadline by about a minute -.-
    OH NOES I COULDN'T FINISH SOME OF MY POINTLESS DAILY CHORES QQ

Be grateful that they are making the game vaguely challenging and interesting. A game where you can't lose is not a real game (ie about 80% of wow)

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    OH NOES I COULDN'T FINISH SOME OF MY POINTLESS DAILY CHORES QQ
    I don't see the point in engaging in a fight where you know you can't win, even 2v1. It's essentially just trolling, but without any attempt to be subtle. I'm all for people fighting, when it's fair anyway, but just sitting on someone spamming slows and stuns and not even managing to kill them? Pretty lame.