Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's 10% of their maximum health, thats 9 mill dmg less the 1.5m = 7.5m
    Its 10% on heroic.
    On normal the spirits heal for 5%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    we did it with 2 tanks and 2 healers hope this video help
    btw our ilvl -500
    So you 1 tanked the frostguy and let the tank get the debuff at 15 stacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by airdark View Post
    So you 1 tanked the frostguy and let the tank get the debuff at 15 stacks ?
    yes the othe tank who tank the frost king ans the sand guy was druid and druids have high dodge% so he dodge most of the frost king hits and he didn't get more then 10 stack every time and if he get more then 10 stacks ( just 1 time in all the fight ) he call me to help him and what i do is just pull the frost king away from him and ping pong the frost king until his buff gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    yes the othe tank who tank the frost king ans the sand guy was druid and druids have high dodge% so he dodge most of the frost king hits and he didn't get more then 10 stack every time and if he get more then 10 stacks ( just 1 time in all the fight ) he call me to help him and what i do is just pull the frost king away from him and ping pong the frost king until his buff gone
    You cant dodge/parry while stunned, can you ?
    The applications (stack) is magic damage, you cant dodge them and thus cant avoid the stun ?
    Please correct me if im wrong, beign able to dodge the stun would be OP

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You cant dodge/parry while stunned, can you ?
    The applications (stack) is magic damage, you cant dodge them and thus cant avoid the stun ?
    Please correct me if im wrong, beign able to dodge the stun would be OP
    The applications are dodgeable, I tanked this last night and was able to reset the stacks 2-3 times per fight. Around 80% dodge witch CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euq View Post
    The applications are dodgeable, I tanked this last night and was able to reset the stacks 2-3 times per fight. Around 80% dodge witch CDs.
    Hmm, is there a fixed amount of applications ?
    for example it tries to apply 20, dodge 6 of them and no stun ?
    Thinking like warmaster, where you could reset with good rng.

With an avoidance trinket and drood symbiosis that wouldn't be to hard i guess

Hmm, is there a fixed amount of applications ?
    for example it tries to apply 20, dodge 6 of them and no stun ?
    Thinking like warmaster, where you could reset with good rng.

With an avoidance trinket and drood symbiosis that wouldn't be to hard i guess
    He puts a buff on himself that makes his attacks do extra Frost damage and apply stacks. It's just a set amount of time where he's able to apply them, not any particular number of stacks he tried to apply, so if you kite or if you taunt him and he has to go running, he'll waste some of the buff. If you dodge a bunch of his swings, you'll also avoid getting stacks for those swings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    He puts a buff on himself that makes his attacks do extra Frost damage and apply stacks. It's just a set amount of time where he's able to apply them, not any particular number of stacks he tried to apply, so if you kite or if you taunt him and he has to go running, he'll waste some of the buff. If you dodge a bunch of his swings, you'll also avoid getting stacks for those swings.
    Hmm, reason i'm so confused, was looking trough logs from yd and over 378 frigid assaults none of them were avoided.

Im trying to decide if stacking a bit more avoidance and possibly 1-2 on-use avoidance trinkets would be beneficial, cause the only time i was in danger, was while stunned.

Hmm, reason i'm so confused, was looking trough logs from yd and over 378 frigid assaults none of them were avoided.

Im trying to decide if stacking a bit more avoidance and possibly 1-2 on-use avoidance trinkets would be beneficial, cause the only time i was in danger, was while stunned.
    He doesn't even try to Frigid Assault you when you dodge his swing. It *seems* to only work with Dodge though, not Parry. Freaking agi tanks...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...alakk%22%29%29

[23:10:19.809] Frost King Malakk hits Kiqjaq Parry
    [23:10:19.809] Frost King Malakk hits Kiqjaq 43990
    [23:10:20.622] Kiqjaq afflicted by Frigid Assault from Frost King Malakk
    [23:10:20.622] Frost King Malakk Frigid Assault Kiqjaq 54000
    [23:10:20.622] Kiqjaq afflicted by Frigid Assault (2) from Frost King Malakk
    [23:10:20.622] Frost King Malakk Frigid Assault Kiqjaq 54000
    [23:10:21.803] Frost King Malakk hits Kiqjaq 40786
    [23:10:21.803] Frost King Malakk hits Kiqjaq Dodge
    [23:10:22.638] Kiqjaq afflicted by Frigid Assault (3) from Frost King Malakk
    [23:10:22.646] Frost King Malakk Frigid Assault Kiqjaq 54000

Without having no dodge on gear and nothing reforged into dodge I get around 80% dodge when I pop my cooldowns, which is the Stamina Relic and Elusive Brew from monks. So I wouldn't say reforging into dodge is nessesary. It's still unlikely that you will dodge all attacks for about 15 seconds with 90% dodge. I would recommend having the other tank taunt it from you and then you just taunting it back instead. Don't do this if Frost dudeis the one with the lowest HP or just watch out for when the spirit spawns.

Malakk applies frigid assault on a succesful melee swing, so if you aren't hit, you don't get a stack. It's not that complicated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Malakk applies frigid assault on a succesful melee swing, so if you aren't hit, you don't get a stack. It's not that complicated.
    I can confirm this is correct from what I've seen (we killed them yesterday).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euq View Post
    Without having no dodge on gear and nothing reforged into dodge I get around 80% dodge when I pop my cooldowns, which is the Stamina Relic and Elusive Brew from monks. So I wouldn't say reforging into dodge is nessesary. It's still unlikely that you will dodge all attacks for about 15 seconds with 90% dodge. I would recommend having the other tank taunt it from you and then you just taunting it back instead. Don't do this if Frost dudeis the one with the lowest HP or just watch out for when the spirit spawns.
    You don't need to dodge all the attacks, with a druid or monk it's relatively easy to avoid enough to ensure that you don't get frozen for the duration of the buff. I agree that it's quite unnecessary to aim for this though, your dps are decent they should always have time to kill of the spirit before the other tank needs to taunt off you (and even this is only an issue for the short period that frost king is the lowest).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    We ignored the healing adds yesterday but we two tanked it.
    Dont forget that Marli and Malakk deal quite a lot damage to tanks.

I wont say its impossible to one tank it but i guess it will be quite a lot to heal :P
    Worst case you still take 2 tanks, 2-3 healers? Just adding the extra cleave damage from everyone can easily make it a dps gain overall (depending on your comp ofc). Tank cleave also not to be underestimated. We'd be monk + warrior tank, ele shaman, 2 frost dk and a frost mage already for some nice extra damage.

Deleted
    A little macro here that yells out what percentage of the boss health you need to dps him down to if you use it while targeting the empowered mob when he gets empowered.

/run SendChatMessage(format(UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target") *100).."%","YELL")

For example, I use this on Mar'li when she gets empowered, she starts at 87% hp and the macro yells 62%.

*EDIT* Seems like they got nerfed to 75m health each on normal 10man, do you know if this is intended?
    Last edited by mmocc7d12c6100; 2013-03-11 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groenvan View Post

*EDIT* Seems like they got nerfed to 75m health each on normal 10man, do you know if this is intended?
    We won't know until the next hotfix note. Maybe though, considering how many guilds are stuck on the encounter, and the (probably) unintended strategy of burning sul.

Deleted
    Can the person with frostbite move into the melee dps/tank camp, or will there be sandtraps spawned on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Why are the living sand going for healer and ignoring tanks trying to get threat on them?..
    Exactly the same problem here. The adds spawn and are directly aiming for our heal druid. There isn't even the slightest chance for the tanks to pick the mobs up. In the videos I have seen the mobs all headed directly to the tank on the sand guy.

Is there any trick? Burning sul to surpass the mechanic can't be intended. Wiped 3 Hours on this guy last night and we were far from killing him. Our average ilvl is arround 495-498 I would say with very weak tanks (arround 490) because our two main tanks left the raid after T14.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Can the person with frostbite move into the melee dps/tank camp, or will there be sandtraps spawned on him?
    I suppose it can because every range class is a potential target for sandtrap. So I think standing in the melee group is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Exactly the same problem here. The adds spawn and are directly aiming for our heal druid. There isn't even the slightest chance for the tanks to pick the mobs up.
    Then you're doing it wrong, no offense intended.

We had the same 'issue' with the adds beelining for our resto druid, so we resorted to

- having the resto druid stand a bit behind me (Brewmaster tank) to make it easier to pick them up (they move through you, hard to miss)
    - assigning AoE stunners to stun the adds as soon as they got close to the druid (to give me extra time to pick them up, just in case)
    - have a paladin BOP the targeted healer. (Just don't do it right away or the adds will just pick a new healer instantly and go there)
    - Have all dps pick an add (randomly) and just nuke it the moment it spawns. They dont hit hard enough to kill a dps by themselves.
    - Did I mention hunters MD'ing the adds?

So many options... make sure you use them, even if you just position your healer correctly that should be enough. We just figured to play it safe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    So many options... make sure you use them, even if you just position your healer correctly that should be enough. We just figured to play it safe.
    Killed it yesterday and i wouldn't say its that clear cut.
    Sometimes they fixate the tank (huge aggro lead before even touching them)
    Sometimes they fixate healer (for some reason, always the druid healer).

And no, it didnt matter if healer was LoS from me and everyone 30 yards behind me...

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    We won't know until the next hotfix note. Maybe though, considering how many guilds are stuck on the encounter, and the (probably) unintended strategy of burning sul.
    Hotfix note been out since yesterday ~11pm.
    It was a bugged, they were tuned to close to 25man.