Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are both dumb. The shado-pan trinket's value largely depends on fight length and neither of you have even mentioned it - nor does that wowhead comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    The math is for unupgraded spirits and even incorrect for that.

Can you show me the correct math? I can't find any sources for priests that show regen rates of trinkets, esp current tier.

why are people forgetting that static spirit has much more value for Disc priests now after the patch, thus making Megaera's trinket the best trinket for Disc mana wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    You guys are both dumb. The shado-pan trinket's value largely depends on fight length and neither of you have even mentioned it - nor does that wowhead comment.
    So does every proc or on use trinket, that goes without saying (unless you're dumb that is^^). Since you can't math one value for the highest possible gain (varies depending on the fight), and because this difference becomes miniscule on longer fights (where mana is the most central), you usually just math the lowest gain and keep that in mind.

Can you show me the correct math? I can't find any sources for priests that show regen rates of trinkets, esp current tier.
    It's not that complex. Disregarding the fact that it may take a few seconds to proc (suns procs every time any spell heals so it's proc-time is practically instant, if you want to be extremly accurate you could go check the uptime in your logs) this is some napkin math for 2/2 norm spirits: (20/105)*7442=~1418 spirit which is about 794 mp5.

why are people forgetting that static spirit has much more value for Disc priests now after the patch, thus making Megaera's trinket the best trinket for Disc mana wise.
    Probably related to the fact that spirit has half the value of int (assuming that you can reach your desired amount of spirit through gemming), making the passive relatively weak, combined with the fact that the hydra proc is utterly awful and doesn't make up for this at all. I'm very much keeping this in mind, considering that I'm using (and will be for quite some time) qin-xi's hc 2/2.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-11 at 11:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys (or girls), you can't say "Shado Pan has 954mp5", it's really depending on the fights length... You can get really cheated if the fight ends while the trinket is on 10s CD etc.

MP5 values are based on *average* fights from what I have seen.

While I don't think it's the best way of calculating a trinekts value, I think that its better then simply looking at a trinket and going *WELL THIS ONES BETTER I THINK?*

It's more curiosity for me honestly.

The throughput this tier, and any past tier I have despised more then anything. If they want to do a throughput trinket, just make the proc give haste/mastery. Not a heal that does minimal amounts of healing at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Guys (or girls), you can't say "Shado Pan has 954mp5", it's really depending on the fights length... You can get really cheated if the fight ends while the trinket is on 10s CD etc.
    Most math assumes that the trinkets cd/icd comes up just as the fight ends, if the fight ends right after the trinket procs/is used the trinket has a significantly higher value than the math indicates (especially for short fights). The math also excludes the fact that you may need to wait a few seconds before using the shado-pan trinket, considering how concentrated the regen is, which results in a very slight mp5 loss (basically just as irrelevant as that one second before spirits procs).

MP5 values are based on *average* fights from what I have seen.
    As stated most mp5 values (at least in the wowhead calcs) assume that the fight ends just as the trinket comes off cd/icd. It's the lowest possible value that the trinket will have in a realistic scenario, for longer fights it's quite accurate, for shorter most trinkets have a much higher value unless the fight ends just as it comes off cd.

Cookie, do MP5 stats for 5.2 trinkets. Ready go. <3

Deleted
    I bet someone will do it a bit more comprehensively/accurately soon enough (I'd be very interested in some math/logs for Horridons), but I could give you some napkin numbers for most of the trinkets (for holy, disc obviously gains significantly more from inscribed-bag and stolen relic due to the passive spirit+rapture, both the procs still seem very weak though).

Not going to math Horridons, the value varies significantly based on haste/spell usage, but I've heard several players claim that it's amazing. Considering that it only has 1 rppm this does seem a bit strange though so assuming that this proc rate is correct it wouldn't surprise me if the normal version is somewhat close to the shado-pan one. I think I read that the proc rate would be a bit higher on the hc trinkets (anyone who could confirm that I didn't dream this?) which should make Horridons significantly stronger than the alternatives.

For the rest:
    HC inscribed bag/stolen relic: ~928 mp5 (just multiply the spirit value with ~0,56)
    Norm inscribed/stolen: ~822 mp5
    Shado-pan: ~828 mp5

I've never really trusted MrRobot, but according to that site, I won't replace heroic Qin'xi before heroic ToT trinkets.

Deleted
    Hi guys, Horridon´s trinket wise:

Since i picked it last wed this trinket has been given me shit loads of mana and thats why i think is BIS, Ill explain:
    The proc ratio seems to be higher than expected.
    The proc stacks.

For example, take a look at this screen (cant post full logs cause they are private), of our kill of twin consorts:
    http://i.imgur.com/V1gKVG2.jpg

In all the boss the return of the trinket (cloudburst) is amazing, 130k lei shen, 150k iron qon, etc. Thats a lot more any spirit regen trinket will give you and also i was disc, maybe while holy will proc more. Link to my priest:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Flashie/simple

Thats all, discuss.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info Flaash. I've seen similar numbers looking at other players WoL today, and also a few where it seems to proc way less, without really seeing a big difference in spell usage. On average it does seem like it gives a bit more mana than the shado-pan trinket on longer fights, I would expect most players to see slightly lower numbers than you though (I'm using half your haste now, and will probably not go much above 10% even in BiS gear). I still think it's safe to say that Horridons hc will be BiS this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaash View Post

Since i picked it last wed this trinket has been given me shit loads of mana and thats why i think is BIS, Ill explain:
    The proc stacks.

For example, take a look at this screen (cant post full logs cause they are private), of our kill of twin consorts:

In all the boss the return of the trinket (cloudburst) is amazing, 130k lei shen, 150k iron qon, etc. Thats a lot more any spirit regen trinket will give you and also i was disc, maybe while holy will proc more. Link to my priest:

Thats all, discuss.
    Oh I will really extra roll on Horridon this week then
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Flaash View Post

The proc stacks.

Thats all, discuss.
    I've been planning on running Horridon and 510 Qin Xi's, thanks for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    Universally it seems like Horridon is proving to be a really good mana trinket. But What about throughput? Is going chalice/Zandalari's a bad idea? And which of these is turning out to come out on top? Does anyone have numbers for the throughput trinkets?

Deleted
    Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is good for disc priest cus flat spirit (for rapture if someone has problems with mana) but bonus shield is totaly usless
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vcxtd744r34mhdfn/details/28/?s=3616&e=4078
    Shield of Hydra Sputum 168108 0.7 % 10 16810.8 168108 - - - 01:24 (18.1 %) 40.0 %

Today i will be testing Stolen Relic of Zuldazar we will see ;]]]

Deleted
    I'll definately go for Horridon's Gasp for MP5 ....but the second trinket will be completely out of the usual frame since the rest of the healing trinkets sux...Neither absorb nor instant heal trinkets have proven to be good.... Disco is a powerful spec which allows us to think and play in a different way ..which means I'll go either for Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen or Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance . Both give a lot of Crit which is very beneficial atm...espcially the Unnering Vision which gives 100% crit..that means DA spam...it will require a bit luck and dealing with the proc in the best possible way...but still looks way better than absorb and healing trinkets. And yeah...in order to get those trinkets DPS would have to suck it....it won't be an easy one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    Universally it seems like Horridon is proving to be a really good mana trinket. But What about throughput? Is going chalice/Zandalari's a bad idea? And which of these is turning out to come out on top? Does anyone have numbers for the throughput trinkets?
    Both the Stolen Relic and the Inscribed-bag are trash. Lightning-imbued definitely seems quite strong (better passive, same proc chance as stolen relic but way stronger).

Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is good for disc priest cus flat spirit
    This can't be clarified enough, so I figure I'll mention it. Spirit has half the itembudget of intellect, so no one should use spirit flasks and/or these two trinkets (since the output procs are essentially useless) if at a decent gear level (=able to acquire an ok regen level without them).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-14 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lobuz View Post
    Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is good for disc priest cus flat spirit (for rapture if someone has problems with mana) but bonus shield is totaly usless
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vcxtd744r34mhdfn/details/28/?s=3616&e=4078
    Shield of Hydra Sputum 168108 0.7 % 10 16810.8 168108 - - - 01:24 (18.1 %) 40.0 %

Today i will be testing Stolen Relic of Zuldazar we will see ;]]]
    Yea I got the trinket but the proc totally suck and needs a buff tbh to proc a bit lot more.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Only worthwhile trinket is horridons. Throughput trinkets are always bad for healers and blizzard just needs to stop making them at all