10+ Year Old Account

Frost AoE Rotation?

Hey folks, just quick question(I've read the guide and did a quick search, as well as google search but can't find a definite answer)

What is our Rotation for AoE situations? Both on trash and on multiple bosses.

Reading up it said for <4 targets you basically just keep your single target rotation(using IL glyph ofc)...soo...
    Frost Bomb
    Frozen Orb
    FoF Ice Lance

Do I incorporate Freeze anywhere in there now(if the mob is freezeable) or is that not used whatsoever?

Then for >4 targets, I've seen mixed answer
    Frozen Orb
    Flamestrike
    Arcane Explosion?

Anyway, wasn't sure if Blizzard was used at all to proc some FoF, considering cutting off the channel is probably just a waste. But would appreciate some responses
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

For Freezable Mobs I bet Frost Nova (and Pet Nova) + Cone of Cold are also used.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    For Freezable Mobs I bet Frost Nova (and Pet Nova) + Cone of Cold are also used.
    Worth glyphing CoC for these situations? and they changed the Fireblast Glyph correct? so it's no longer useable to force an explosion of your Bomb?

No, Use Blizzard.
    U just use Arcane Explosion if u have to move a lot and etc.
    Blizzard procs ice lance, and it increases enven more your AoE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    No, Use Blizzard.
    U just use Arcane Explosion if u have to move a lot and etc.
    Blizzard procs ice lance, and it increases enven more your AoE!
    If this is true, then do you cancel channeling when you get 2 FoF procs and use Ice Lance x2? or do you let the channel run out then IL?

If this is true, then do you cancel channeling when you get 2 FoF procs and use Ice Lance x2? or do you let the channel run out then IL?
    If i am using blizzard, most of the times i'd just cast 2xIL after double proc and channel Blizz again coz why not? its not like we have a real mana issue as frost.

Personally, I do use Flamestrike on >4 mobs.

Frost Bomb > Flamestrike > Pet Freeze when Mobs about to explode > Ice Lance > Frozen Orb

then Frost Bomb and Ice Lance as they proc.

In challenge modes, frost bomb, frozen orb, pet freeze (lot of shatter and pet freeze seems not to break like frost nova), cone of cold glyphed (preferably on pet freeze 'right' as frost bomb goes off (have timer for this), fof ice lance spam (usually a lot of it), frost bomb, frost nova right before it goes off (timed with glyphed cone of cold).

That's freezable mobs. Usually 200-250k dps in 463 ilvl adjusted challenge modes.

i haven't had much fps to test it in lfr, but I have found that if the mobs are relatively low health and there are a lot of them then the best thing is frost bomb>orb>flame strike>blizzard>bomb> fs if up IL procs if not> blizzard and they are normally dead at this point but just repeat after that. For lower number of mobs i just bomb>orb> use IL procs like a mad man, and when orb is up just do your normal rotation. Also it is a waste of your time to use your pet freeze in raid because the massive amounts of aoe going out will consume the freezes before you can even attack them most times, only good to get fof procs.
    Last edited by Heartfrost; 2013-03-12 at 01:25 PM.

If you drop your pet freeze .1 sec before frost bomb goes off it will frost bomb+shatter most. Remember, pet freeze isn't on your gcd.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Personally, I do use Flamestrike on >4 mobs.

Frost Bomb > Flamestrike > Pet Freeze when Mobs about to explode > Ice Lance > Frozen Orb

then Frost Bomb and Ice Lance as they proc.
    I do this as well, but in a different order.

For large trash groups:
    1) Flamestrike > Frozen Orb > Frost Bomb > (sometimes I'm able to throw one Ice Lance) > Blizzard > Pet Freeze just before Frost Bomb explodes
    2) After that mess, throw Ice Lances and FFBs as they proc after channeling Blizzard. Cast Flamestrike on cooldown.

For smaller groups (e.g., 4-5 or so) or as the larger groups die:
    I'll do #1 above and then just follow with Frostbolt / Ice Lance / FFB / Pet Freeze / Frost Bomb as they proc or become available.