Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    No.. boss is too hard for 40 people, so people were doing it with 120+ people to kill it. Blizz says thats a stability issue, so ended 120+ ppl receiving loot.

This certainly seems like a quick stop to letting ppl take advantage of the hit it and get loot change of this patch.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    This, we should not be punished for coming together as a "community" to down an epic boss. I feel that with the money Blizzard makes off the players they should have hardware able to handle mass amounts of players. How can you promote world PvP if they don't have the servers to handle them?
    It's really quite sad for people on low pop servers, if most of them can't even get together a group for sha, how are they expected to get a group for this or any other new world boss?

I thought it was cool that a bunch of people could come together for one purpose, I haven't seen the amount of people I saw that day in a long long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    This, we should not be punished for coming together as a "community" to down an epic boss. I feel that with the money Blizzard makes off the players they should have hardware able to handle mass amounts of players. How can you promote world PvP if they don't have the servers to handle them?
    The problem is not helping the low pop community. The problem is, that high pop players created multiple raids and killed Oonstada on the low pop realms.
    Did it help the low pop players? Likely not.
    Because instead of them gathering enough people to kill the boss themselves, even if it would take them a day long to get the force together, the strangers from the other realms got in and killed it.

I completely support the hot fix.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    killed the other day on our server and i wasnt in the main raid but im sure there wasnt more the 60 people there that i seen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not much was keeping you anyways since you conveniently ignored WHY they did it. SERVER STABILITY. They aren't being bad at all.
    Since Blizzard have repeatedly (and just recently) stated they have the tech to phase out people if server load is too high, why the fuck aren't they able to apply that tech here (with the simple condition to only zone out players from other realms if needed)? How hard could that possibly be?

I also agree with the people who ask why this is bad but taking rares/ressources from low pop realms is fine. Truth is, this is just a massive bait to get people to pay for a transfer.
    Last edited by mmoc9a48be24dc; 2013-03-12 at 03:03 AM.

Deleted
    Problem is that everyone and their mother is on 2 new islands. CRZ was made to revive leveling zones which are empty. If it causes stability issues, disable it. I don't want to get DC or few fps because 200+ ppl are trying to tag boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The problem is not helping the low pop community. The problem is, that high pop players created multiple raids and killed Oonstada on the low pop realms.
    Did it help the low pop players? Likely not.
    Because instead of them gathering enough people to kill the boss themselves, even if it would take them a day long to get the force together, the strangers from the other realms got in and killed it.

I completely support the hot fix.
    For them to be in the raid there has to be more people in the raid from that server then the ones who are coming to another server.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I've heard Oondasta's easier in a small group. Trying to stay within melee range as well 10y from 99 other people sure didn't go well when my server tried him.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Why not make him easier to kill and people would not have to bring hordes of people...
    So you're saying these bosses should just be giant chests that give everyone free loot? No. If you can't kill him you get no loot. Deal with it.

So how is this is going to affect high pop servers where we can still quickly and easily get 120+ people in 3 or more raids together and still do the same thing they're trying to stop with this hotfix in regards to server stability?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Also: Cheaters never win and winners never cheat.
    They lied, cheaters win all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like when AQ Gates opened
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

GG low imbalanced and/or low pop servers

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. They turned off CRZ loot for Sha and Galleon after the first week or so and everyone here is acting like this is somehow an unprecedented move by Blizzard to do so for the new world bosses. I was surprised you could get loot Cross Realm this time and figured it was a bug anyways. Nothing to see here, I'm sure that having the new faction tap system in place wasn't helping things either in terms of server lag since the server would have to do hundreds of loot rolls with 200+ people showing up cross realm rather than the 50-60 that it is probably coded to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    So to quote someone from the official thread, it's ok for crz people to take resources and rare spawns, but not to actually help with world bosses and be rewarded for it. How nice. The one instance I might have been glad to see someone from in a crz zone.
    Like Galleon, Oondasta drops items everytime you kill him.
    I presume this change is down to them not wanting heroic raiding guilds from realm hopping to get additional gear for their members!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see what the problem is but our *personal* problem will be now to kill em at all. We get 40 man max together on the primetime of the server and unless the gearstatus of these 40 man isnt fitting for em we could need another 30 people from other realms.
    Thats not enough to crash the server but, ye enough to cause a bit trouble

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering my own server crashed itself due to the hordes of people wanting to finally kill Galleon with last week's patch, I can't imagine what it's been like with people storming low pop servers to attempt Oondasta. I will not even try to kill Nalak the first few days he's available as it's just begging to get dc'd and lose out on loot.

Also, I agree with the observation that Oondasta's Galleon-esque loot rules (chance at loot each time he dies, regardless of reset) make storming another server for more chances at loot a bit unfair.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Like Galleon, Oondasta drops items everytime you kill him.
    I presume this change is down to them not wanting heroic raiding guilds from realm hopping to get additional gear for their members!
    Wow. I never knew that. Ive only ever killed him on launch day before 5.2 Man, playing on a skewed pvp realm blows.

Glad I already killed him, because I doubt my server alone could support a group big enough to kill him on its own.