Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Mage] Yay buffs incoming!

We'll see what they are but...

"After a few more days, we now think mage DPS is low. We want to keep parity among mage specs so the buffs will likely be fairly passive."
    ...if anyone can link to GC's twitter...i can't post links yet
    twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/311278474507714563

Quote Originally Posted by TheDailyBlink View Post
    You're welcome.
    You are the best...he even complained about the puppies.

I'm glad that he realised it, and quite fast also... Buffs will be passive but anything is welcome...
    Links:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...78474507714563
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

After a few more days, we now think mage DPS is low. We want to keep parity among mage specs so the buffs will likely be fairly passive.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...82601568636928
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@Malvenue That's not what I said. We like Frost vs. Fire vs. Arcane. We think all 3 are low compared to say lock and hunter.

You're welcome.
    Hahahaha! That was hilarious.

Much obliged for getting their attention (but I won't start celebrating just yet)

You're welcome.
    Don't ever leave us <3

Edit: Oh, those hotfixes are TODAY'S hotfixes, not the next maintenance's. Oops!

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rira View Post
    You are the best...he even complained about the puppies.
    Hah, that was the best part XD
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-12 at 02:59 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

And they will completely overbuff us, and then we end up getting worse off in 5.3 when the nerfs come..

Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post
    I'm glad that he realised it, and quite fast also... Buffs will be passive but anything is welcome...
    Links:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...78474507714563

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...82601568636928
    Why do tweets like this not show up on his main page?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/

You're welcome.
    you sir deserve a raise!!! <3

our voice from mage community
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-03-12 at 02:17 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Well i hope that with scaling from CM we wont get nerfed around half of contnet. Anyway mage is class with most outdated mechanic. Mana talents which are pain in ass, nearly 0 mobility while performing dps and poor aoe.

You're welcome.
    I <3 you. Have my babies

OK speculation on the possible buffs......remember keep it conservative it wont be anything huge its only a hotfix right?........wait 5.1 fire nvm...go wild lets hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    OK speculation on the possible buffs......remember keep it conservative it wont be anything huge its only a hotfix right?........wait 5.1 fire nvm...go wild lets hear it
    Fireball buff for fire.
    Flat damage modifier buffs for frost.
    Damage modifier to arcane charges/mana usage change

frostbolt debuff applies to itself again
    mana cost for AB reduced
    -10% nerf to pyro returned.

In general....just undo some of the nerfs they did. Easy

Frost
    Im hoping for an increased chance to proc FoF in frost, its a bit boring spamming frost bolt all the time. Then I wouldn't mind casting a couple of unbuffed frost bolts to get a FoF proc, would make switching targets less of a penalty and improve overall DPS.

Fire
    Allowing fire and only fire to spread its dots to say more than 3 targets including living bomb. If locks can take their whole dot set and move it to a pack fire should be allowed to do the same. Its fire for gods sake, it spreads! This should fix fires AoE problems. Possibly reverting the Pyro nerf and buffing combution could fix single target issues. RNG of fire will not be addressed this expansion.

Arcane
    Demage modifier to the spells I suppose. The whole play style needs a revamp, not this expansion.

They simply won't buff Frost to much. Last Expansion Blizzard openly said they are fine with Frost being the PVP spec, and will tune it more for PVP. It just so happens Fire and Arcane are so awful now, they are all at the bottom where Frost normally is. Even if Fire and Arcane were back to their former Glory, Frost would be the second worst spec in the game next to Beastmaster for PVE.

I expect Fire and especially Arcane to get a buff. Although I would like to see them completely revamp Arcane, getting rid of 99 percent of the spells and creating new ones. It won't happen this expansion.

What they need to do is some how make Fire easier to get into. You should not have to have a full set of T15 for it to be viable. It completely stops tons of players from going Fire, and hurts them getting into raid groups. Saying "trust me guys, my DPS will go up once you give me a full set of T15", is not a compelling argument to get into a new raid group.

They can do this by making certain things proc using more factor than just crit. This would lower the total amount of Crit needed to spec fire, and not make it as RNG. They should also allow fire to spread all over the place.

Arcane is a tough one. I say just revert the changes for now. Arcane was the best spec in the game along with Affliction. I don't see how that means it's OP. We are a pure damage class with no utility. With no cool features outside of portals. We play this game to blow shit up. it is not like Arcane was 10 times ahead of Affliction. It was right on par with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    And they will completely overbuff us, and then we end up getting worse off in 5.3 when the nerfs come..
    I fear this myself

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    They simply won't buff Frost to much. Last Expansion Blizzard openly said they are fine with Frost being the PVP spec, and will tune it more for PVP. It just so happens Fire and Arcane are so awful now, they are all at the bottom where Frost normally is. Even if Fire and Arcane were back to their former Glory, Frost would be the second worst spec in the game next to Beastmaster for PVE.

I expect Fire and especially Arcane to get a buff. Although I would like to see them completely revamp Arcane, getting rid of 99 percent of the spells and creating new ones. It won't happen this expansion.

What they need to do is some how make Fire easier to get into. You should not have to have a full set of T15 for it to be viable. It completely stops tons of players from going Fire, and hurts them getting into raid groups. Saying "trust me guys, my DPS will go up once you give me a full set of T15", is not a compelling argument to get into a new raid group.

They can do this by making certain things proc using more factor than just crit. This would lower the total amount of Crit needed to spec fire, and not make it as RNG. They should also allow fire to spread all over the place.

Arcane is a tough one. I say just revert the changes for now. Arcane was the best spec in the game along with Affliction. I don't see how that means it's OP. We are a pure damage class with no utility. With no cool features outside of portals. We play this game to blow shit up. it is not like Arcane was 10 times ahead of Affliction. It was right on par with it.

i agree with 100% on making fire more user friendly for low itlvls, after the 5.1 nerfs its just been hurting so bad without heroic lvl gear, revert the pyro nerf, allow for your bomb to spread again and bring in the pyro dot for combustion back to 30%

Thank goodness, looks like they haven't completely lost their marbles after all.