10+ Year Old Account
    just played the mission that involved defeating the prime zerg, OMG THAT WAS EPIC! HotS has some fucking awesome bossfights

Epic campaign is epic! Only got to the 4th mission but I want to play more but it is so late
    Tomorrow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Epic campaign is epic! Only got to the 4th mission but I want to play more but it is so late
    Tomorrow!
    Hehe you are saying it's epic JUST AT LVL 4?! oh man! JUST WAIT TO SEE WHAT COMES NEXT, I even said to myself: "okay only one more level before I go back to daily on GW2..." Result? Needed more creep action... mission 16 out of 27, and I haven't gotten all the achievs yet, the game has lots of replayability

PS: Hydralisk frenzy + Kerrigan's frenzy ability = 1atk/0.82sec app, if you add the creep evolution buff YOU GET TO BE OP, like 15dps per hydralisk, pretty badass.

Oh just found a bug that has happened to me twice in the campaign, sometimes the game screen gets stuck leading you to having to restart the game, thank god is just a minor bug
    Last edited by barackopala; 2013-03-12 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally got around to purchasing Starcraft 2: HoTS on Battle.net and was wondering if I download the new client and install that or will it just update tomorrow with a patch?

Mostly asking because when I downloaded the client it looked just like the normal SC2 one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The client gets updated as soon as you open it, I was playing sc2 on NA and if you logged on NA before the launch it would only show that you had WoL active, while when playing on SEA you could select what version you wanted (it released earlier)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The client gets updated as soon as you open it, I was playing sc2 on NA and if you logged on NA before the launch it would only show that you had WoL active, while when playing on SEA you could select what version you wanted (it released earlier)
    Awesome, thanks a ton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keriggan View Post
    I played like the first 10 Missions this afternoon and think its pretty cool. The "evolve" system is kinda cool. Flying Banelings ftw
    And I just love the story, I hope for a happy end.

Little spoilerfrom the start of the Game
    i.imgur.com/O0ecqeQ.jpg
    I just loved this moment. Was so epic
    Yep, like riding a bike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow i won't be able to play my beloved campaign mode, hate you last 3 years of college, well at least i can continue on thursday/friday for finishing the story, then i'll be back to SC2MP (havent touched it since season 1-2, only like 10 games played, gotta get my rust off).

Anyone up for some HotS practice sessions on sat/sunday?

Do you have to own Wings of Liberty in order to get Heart of the Swarm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik yes, you do require it.

10+ Year Old Account
    how are you guys playing HOTS yet?! i thought it was released at Pacific standard time and times related to PST??

They have the cinematics leaked on Youtube and i feel that after the end of the game someone might want to keep the booze away from Raynor cuz he might develop a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    how are you guys playing HOTS yet?! i thought it was released at Pacific standard time and times related to PST??
    already released on SEA region, explained how to swap regions a few posts above in this page (55), in fact, it has been up for like 12hrs (maybe 14?)

game is very fun ill play it more tommarow before raid time :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Oh god, the launch party + launch itself was so smooth.

I guess blizzard learned a LOT from its Wow expacs and especially, D3.

That was gorgeous.

Been playing the campaign and its a lot of fun. Definitely seems like theres some D3 influence (gameplay wise)

10+ Year Old Account
    Installing the game from the box I bought (Australian internet connection </3) Can't fucking wait to play it man

I just finished the campaign on hard.

Overall took me ~11 hours to finish, i was doing it on HARD mode, and was trying to do some small achies along the way (so i did reload quite a few times).

Have to say, really dissapointed with single player. Especially with the story. I absolutely loved the original SC story, and quite liked WOL story too. HOTS story feels like they just threw together 150 different writers and told them to write something tangently relating to zerg.
    I mean, zerg dont even feel like zerg anymore. More like... biological terran or something. Philosophical discussions, independent thought, etc... What happened to my swarm?

At times story makes no sense whatsoever, and the gameplay isnt that much better either - i really am tired of the "What, did you decide to push out of your base? Here, lets have a squad of 15 tanks spawn outside your base with no warning of any kind. Have fun running back half across the map".

I know SC2 is mostly about multiplayer - and MP HOTS is very, very good. However, i dont think i have ever been so dissapointed with a blizzard game as i am now with HOTS singleplayer. Well, except maybe cataclysm.

Time to sleep now. Wish i did that instead of staying up to play this.

Edit: i Brutalled the WOL campaign and loved it. So its not me being terrible. I just really, really dislike HOTS.
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-03-12 at 12:46 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post

Overall took me ~11 hours to finish, i was doing it on HARD mode, and was trying to do some small achies along the way (so i did reload quite a few times).

Have to say, really dissapointed with single player. Especially with the story. I absolutely loved the original SC story, and quite liked WOL story too. HOTS story feels like they just threw together 150 different writers and told them to write something tangently relating to zerg.
    I mean, zerg dont even feel like zerg anymore. More like... biological terran or something. Philosophical discussions, independent thought, etc... What happened to my swarm?

At times story makes no sense whatsoever, and the gameplay isnt that much better either - i really am tired of the "What, did you decide to push out of your base? Here, lets have a squad of 15 tanks spawn outside your base with no warning of any kind. Have fun running back half across the map".

I know SC2 is mostly about multiplayer - and MP HOTS is very, very good. However, i dont think i have ever been so dissapointed with a blizzard game as i am now with HOTS singleplayer. Well, except maybe cataclysm.

Edit: i Brutalled the WOL campaign and loved it. So its not me being terrible. I just really, really dislike HOTS.
    I like the story so far. Why U hate it so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post

So you leave your base completely undefended and then complain because you get attacked? wut...

"My pleasure darlin', always was." GOT ME SO GOOD
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2013-03-12 at 01:57 PM.

11 hours? So it'll take a below average player twice as long. I'm happy with that.