Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Yes I am a DBA for a worldwide design and print company.

I am 43, have a wife and kid and play a couple of hours most days (not every day).

Would you like to know anything else?

WTF has that got to do with anything?
    I'll begin from the last question:
    For a guy who has a family and a full time job you seem to have a LOT of free time to run out of things to do in WoW and then found even more time to play other games.

The only thing I'd like to know more is that DBA - is it a Database administrator?

Are you playing WoW at your WORK??
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'll begin from the last question:
    For a guy who has a family and a full time job you seem to have a LOT of free time to run out of things to do in WoW and then found even more time to play other games.

The only thing I'd like to know more is that DBA - is it a Database administrator?

Are you playing WoW at your WORK??
    I do not at all understand where you are going with this?

In MoP I am saying I never run out of things to do.

In Cata and especially during 4.3 I 100% run out of things to do.

All there was to do in 4.3 was run Normals with my Guild (two nights a week) and do the same 3 5 mans over and over again till I vomited.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    it's not 1 mob, the highest drop rate is 13% from the summoned rare the other are btw 8-11% so it's not that common if you don't do the dailies and kill more mobs, again gz if you are luky and got your alt pretty much done with just one run but the point about the difference in using the lfr and the lfg to catch up still standing. And no entering the second tier and possibily the third with a blue 463 weapon is not a good thing.
    Where are you getting this highest drop rate is 13% from?

Wowhead?

You do know that after you loot it once you will never get it again for that week which is why that figure is so low?

I have killed rares with about 12 of my guldies and every single one of them has got it first kill.

Do I know it is 100% no, but I am very very sure it is not 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by snajsan View Post
    Why do people want new dungeons? Let them focus on releasing quality raids instead.. 5.2 is a great example of a superb patch.
    I don't raid. Why do people want new raids? I like dungeons. Let them focus on releasing quality dungeons instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not at all understand where you are going with this?
    Of course you do. I call you on your BS.
    In Cata and especially during 4.3 I 100% run out of things to do.

All there was to do in 4.3 was run Normals with my Guild (two nights a week) and do the same 3 5 mans over and over again till I vomited.
    No LFR? No Molten Front? No Raids? No transmog runs?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Of course you do. I call you on your BS.

No LFR? No Molten Front? No Raids? No transmog runs?
    Yes Raids (is that not in my post?)

LFR for a few weeks for sure but not 9 months (or however long DS was out for).

Finished Molten Front during 4.2.

Not into transmog really (I transmog into my T13 just now).

Again I really do not get what you are getting at, I guess I must be missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    how many new dungeons you had in vanilla or TBC? all this bullshit started in last patch of WoTLK, game went downhlill from that point. Good that finally Blizzard tries to fix that mess and bring back progression to mmo.
    Right now we have 28 Vanilla dungeons, which is an increase of 3 dungeons. Mara has been broken into 3 segments from 2 segments. BRD has been broken into 2 segments, from 1 dungeon. Dire Maul has been broken into 3 segments, up from 2. Scarlet Monastery has been changed to bake the Graveyard into the Library. UBRS has been changed from raid to 5 man.

In TBC we've got 16 dungeons.

In WotLK we've got also 16 dungeons.

In Cata we've got 14 dungeons, of which only 7 have a normal mode.

In MoP we've got 9 Dungeons, of which only 4 have a normal mode (Scarlet Monastery and Scholo normal mode are lowbie instances).

Raids throughout time:
    Vanilla - 7 Raids
    TBC - 9 Raids
    WotLK - 13 Raids
    Cata - 7 Raids
    MoP - 4 Raids so far.

By the sheer numbers, WotLK had the most weight on progression. Since it had the highest number of Raids. And Vanilla had by far the most 5 man instances, compared to any Expansion. The only difference that's clearly to be seen (if one plays the game long enough) is....
    For Vanilla and TBC the 5 man dungeons did have some importance in regard of gearing. They have been extremely time consuming, but also rewarding. Heroic versions didn't exist (Vanilla), or have been limited to one per day (TBC). Gear from 5 man dungeons had more meaning. And even in WotLK the gear from dungeons mattered more.
    To me, in my own opinion, the turning point came in Cata. That's where Blizzard dropped the ball. A large part of the veteran community wanted the old feel back.
    Blizzard did listen and made Cata dungeons dramatically more difficult, even the normal modes. They've tried to re-introduce CC necessity. And it failed so bad.
    There was an army of new players who never had to learn how to trap dance Moroes in Kara. Who never had to MC demons in MGT.. Tanks who never had to make sure all key target mobs are CC'd. Off they went the old style trying to mindlessly chain pull.. Ending up in wipe fests... Outcry...
    Blizzard had to nerf the crap out of everything. Down to the point that it was possible again to blast through an instance in 15 - 30 mins max.
    That ain't fun. Rushing through an instance is stressful, even if it's smooth. Stress doesn't fly well with the working community. One who has a fulltime job, with lots of stress at work, wants to kick back at home. Speed runs put you back on the clock, back into the stress mode.. Most people with demanding jobs don't want that.
    They wanna take it a little slower or else they don't have much fun.. If they do take it slower, that makes the speedy players unhappy.. At the end of the day, there's no happy medium, which pleases both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Raids (is that not in my post?)

LFR for a few weeks for sure but not 9 months (or however long DS was out for).

Finished Molten Front during 4.2.

Not into transmog really (I transmog into my T13 just now).

Again I really do not get what you are getting at, I guess I must be missing something.
    I'm getting at this: I only play a couple of hour a day and I wasn't bored in Cata. I always had things to do.
    I did transmog runs, leveled a couple of alts, geared them up, etc.
    So the issue of 4.3 is not a game issue - it's your issue.

Deleted
    I'm getting at this: I only play a couple of hour a day and I wasn't bored in Cata. I always had things to do.
    I did transmog runs, leveled a couple of alts, geared them up, etc.
    So the issue of 4.3 is not a game issue - it's your issue.
    OK sure, I was bored.

You where not.

Can we move on now, without personal life interrogation?

And on a similar note. Is any problem with 5.2 not a game issue it's YOUR issue?
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-03-12 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK sure, I was bored.

You where not.

Can we move on now, without personal life interrogation?
    Move on where?

Deleted
    Move on where?
    I have no idea, it was you giving me the personal life interrogation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea, it was you giving me the personal life interrogation.
    It's not my fault you read your full autobiography to me in response to a simple question about you having a full time job.

I don't want Cata 4.3 5 mans back, I want a MGT style singular Dungeon that was quite tough when released.

Deleted
    It's not my fault you read your full autobiography to me in response to a simple question about you having a full time job.
    And then you making loads of assumptions about something you know NOTHING about.

Good job.

Has ZERO to do with anything.

I have a full time job and family and I was bored that the end game in 4.3 being DS for 10 months and the same 3 5 mans over and over again.

Maybe if they had managed to keep the old 5 mans more relevant I would of been less bored.

Deleted
    what is your problem dude, serouslly? you asked him about a job in the first place, he gave you complete answer, but of course it was agains your logic so you keep on coming with random bullshit instead of admiting that you're wrong and not everyone with limited time begs for easymode content with free epics.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I don't want Cata 4.3 5 mans back, I want a MGT style singular Dungeon that was quite tough when released.
    yes I admit MGT was good. It wasn't straight up catch up dungeon and people comparing this to 4.3 lolfest are wrong. It was hard as hell, no fresh 70 could ever finish that, there was no full set of gear that helped you get into SW.
    That kind of dungeon I would like to see.

I would like to see new 5 mans.

There are new content for everyone. They are usually tuned to a higher item level so they provide a challenge at first without the challenge mode mentality. I don't think they should have loot for every slot for every class, so they don't need to be a complete gearing for new alts. But if they can bring scenarios to the same difficulty of 5 mans at low gear and simple at high gear, with similar rewards than I won't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yes I admit MGT was good. It wasn't straight up catch up dungeon and people comparing this to 4.3 lolfest are wrong. It was hard as hell, no fresh 70 could ever finish that, there was no full set of gear that helped you get into SW.
    That kind of dungeon I would like to see.
    Seriously. I'd be totally good with that. Also, your point about the gear is good. People forget that MGT dropped T4 level gear. Sure, you could get badges from it, but the IQD badge gear grind required serious work/time, and there was nowhere near a full gear set. And that was the only added 5-man we got in TBC, 15 months after the expansion launched.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

With all of Blizz's fancy phasing and loot ilvl jazz, why couldnt they sort players into groups via ilvl, and have new h 5 mans, and old MoP ones, drop ilvl loot accordingly?

Other ways to gear alts is good good good good good.

Also, could we pls have all current dungeons available to level 85-90 with pls? I hate those 4 by 88. Ta.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I'd love for BRD type 5mans to come back.

Real content for 5mans, not just short loot corridors which is what Bliz has been churning out recently.

They could be large, with several distinct areas of varying difficulty, so people could run parts of them as they choose, rather than having to clear all if they did not want to.

I think Bliz could do well to expand 5 man content, rather than seaming to neglect it as they are.

I think theTBC and Wrath (pre-outgear faceroll time) were the best 5mans, with the first catas ones being quite good, if a little over tuned for a time when they also made such massive healing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wrong.
    A typical LFD group doesn't speak one word besides "Hi". Usually I'm the only raid geared person, so I basically do the damage myself, I just need that tank & healer to be able to do it. The other DPS, they just shut it and are happy that they are carried w/o me noticing them.
    Just wanted to say that a typical lfd group doesn't just come in and say hi and then shut up the rest of the run. Some of the time you get decent groups that do follow what you say, they come in shut up get the run done. Others times they come in and everyone chats and try to make friends with each other, but majority of the time you get into lfd, you end up with alts that belong to people who have downed current content and are farming it on heroic who will scream at you that you are not pulling the dps, you are fail, you need to delete your toon etc etc. That is almost every other group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?
    erm, because some of us actually ENJOY them? Don't see them as a needless stepping stone to raids, but as content in their own right. In Vanilla, the most used group content. Sigh, subscription cancelled. See you all next expac, maybe.