Do we break 4 piece T14 for 2 piece T15?

For either frost or arcane?

-Nish

Only for 2pc/2pc, not JUST T15 2pc

i was wondering the same thing but for just 522 gear to replace 496 tier. i know i wont replace my tier for lfr off gear.

Deleted
    Speaking as a firemage, it depends on your T14 items, but i swapped T14 nhc shoulders with shoulders 522 from the first boss thus breaking 4pc and it simmed even better. The 4pc for fire is really negligible.

EDIT: Sorry, did not read that it's about frost/arcane.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-03-12 at 05:27 PM.

I should of said this im frost/arcane how important is t14 4 set over 522 gear?

I'll run simcraft and manually add the items to find out. It's kind of a pain because chardev seems to suck for importing template models. Why they don't use askmrrobot, I dunno. Rawr works ok but bnet is down.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 03:27 PM ----------

Just ran a simc with some manual editing in of the gloves I got to drop last week. It's going off of a bad save where I'm gemmed for fire, however, the dps decrease for breaking 4 piece t14N to 3 piece t14N 1 piece (gloves) t15N for frost was loss of ~1000 dps (EDIT: ACTUALLY NEVERMIND... READ BELOW) out of an initial 112501 dps. Being that simc numbers are perfect rotation perfect position, I doubt the decrease would be so much but it's still a decrease. 2 piece t15 should definitely be worth it.

EDIT: The manual editing put me way below the spell hit cap. I'll come back to this when the game is up and get some better info. There may be a very small dps decrease/increase but the cd for icy veins can be used for special situations (saved) so I still wouldn't drop the 4 piece right away.

Btw simc has frost/arc well above fire atm (at least at t15H levels for sure). I think frost and arc will be what I'm going with as it's fairly easy to forge/gear between the two. Haste and mastery are above crit for both. Then again... they're talking about adding a passive buff to keep up with hunters/locks so we'll see I guess.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2013-03-12 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Speaking as a firemage, it depends on your T14 items, but i swapped T14 nhc shoulders with shoulders 522 from the first boss thus breaking 4pc and it simmed even better. The 4pc for fire is really negligible.
    Simc has been unreliable for mages since MoP release. T14 4pc is terrible in every sense for fire, should break it asap. Since the op didn't ask about fire, I won't ramble. As for frost, hold on to 4 pc as long as you can. Only break it for 2pc t15.

Are you certain about simc's inaccuracy? Just glancing at it, the action priority seems to be fairly decent.

Deleted
    Simulationcraft for mages only works when comparing gear for the same spec, it does not work well if you like to compare fire vs frost vs arcane.

For frost and arcane T14 is ok, for fire is terrible. My advice would be use T15 asap for fire. For frost and arcane only when you have 4 pieces T15 or if your T14 is only 496 (in this case obviously change it when you have 2T15).

It should work fine if you assume a patchwerk fight. I think you're confusing comparisons based on all of the differences in fight mechanics and how they affect dps for different specs. It generally sims a single target fight well. Of course, if you have 3 bosses together, fire will come out on top and this won't be reflected in simc well. Someone should be able to understand this and go fire in those situations.

However, I will definitely go 2 piece t15 for frost when I can.

-Nish

In Soviet Blizzard, 2-pc T15 break you!