Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i think they will buf invocation again back to 25% sp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curze View Post
    Sorry, but if that's the case they're not equally skilled players. You are simply better than they are.
    Or he's been consistently getting good RNG. Fire can compete if you get insane crits to build each Combustion, it's just unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by svin View Post
    would'nt suprise me if they just buff the lvl 90 talents -.-
    No...please no.

I guess it would be better than nothing. I just don't like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    No...please no.

I guess it would be better than nothing. I just don't like them.
    Well, don't get your hopes up for anything too fantastic; it's just a hotfix.

A lot of us don't like them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshythemage View Post
    Thank goodness, looks like they haven't completely lost their marbles after all.
    does it? Come on really. Those nerfs were heavily argumented against by theorycrafters. Mages were predicted at bottom from over the half of the community AND they had a truckload of data from the PTR, still they need it go live to notice that "Mage DPS is low"...

Dont know how there could be more fail than this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    If locks can take their whole dot set and move it to a pack fire should be allowed to do the same.
    Actual warlocks can't do this. Affliction can spread corruption only to nearby targets via Seed of Corruption, or transfer all dots from one target to another via Soul Swap. They cannot move all dots onto all nearby targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Well, don't get your hopes up for anything too fantastic; it's just a hotfix.

A lot of us don't like them either.
    "Just a hotfix" killed us earlier in this expansion however. A hotfix can definitely be a dramatic change. Then again, it's rarely been the case in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    I had a fun 5.1. patch watching worse geared arcane mages beat my ret in dps in almost every fight. For a short moment it looked like mages need to actually learn to play their classes properly (and some do know how to looking at some very competitive frost dps logs) but no you got your free pass to number one dps again.
    I hope you used a bot to get this amount of fail channeled.

Oh, you feel gimp as one of your speccs? Try having 3 in the bottom 5 then. If you don't feel viable as Ret, then you can specc Holy, which is currently the strongest healing specc in the game (again) or you can go Prot and be completely viable for any content in the game and as tanks are always in demand, get a spot for as long as you stick with the specc.

Class doesnt equal specc. Now stop medling in stuff you have no clue about, please.

Oh, you feel gimp as one of your speccs? Try having 3 in the bottom 5 then. If you don't feel viable as Ret, then you can specc Holy, which is currently the strongest healing specc in the game (again) or you can go Prot and be completely viable for any content in the game and as tanks are always in demand, get a spot for as long as you stick with the specc.
    Seriously... you just said if your class dont bring dps go reroll to other role? Really the most stupid argument dps can hear.

The problem with mage class isn't low numbers of nukes but really outdated desing in compare to other dps class. We were ion cannons and it was ok, when mechanics were simple and easy to master and execute. Now when most of fights are complicated with really big focus on constant movment we cant really do our job. Aswell our aoe is in really poor place.

As for buffs they should remove CM and add around 10% crit to our armor. Bcs with buffs on top to CM we will be nerfed sooner or later, and tbh i dont like to get buff and then get nerfed moment later. We will for sure get back to top place in 525ilvl+. Crit around this ilvl is +-60% with 4 pieces. That reduces rng and make easy to stack good ignite. If we get buff now we will be again OP in this tier.

TBH im not afraid about place of mages in this tier, but im afraid about mages who just start to play. Mages on low ilvl are just horrible.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to weigh in on this, speaking only from a frost mage pvp perspective.
    Upon reviewing many of the comments with respect to pvp, I'm convinced the blowhards commenting don't actually pvp with any regularity.
    A little history...playing since launch, 2200+ rated each of the past 3 seasons, 500,000+ hks, etc etc.

Refreshed to see GC recognizing the lackluster mage dps, and I'm sure this is spec-wide, and not specifically geared towards dragon fighters (PVE). I think this is more of an issue with respect to other classes getting more handsome buffs than the mage. Being in 2200 elite gear, 2/2 upgrades and busting my ass in BGs only to come in 4th or lower on the damage board is underwhelming to say the least. Especially when frost DKs, SPriests, and Hunters of subpar gear and skill can handily top the leaderboards with little effort. Frost DKs are an absolute joke right now IMO, especially given their ability to range you to death with howling blast.

Anyhow, a revert to the pre-hotfixed frostbomb would be welcomed. Not with respect to the fireblast detonation, but the damage done by the bomb. This alone would likely bring frost back up to balance with the other dps (sic) classes in pvp. Also, seeing as we don't have much of a self heal in pvp (evocation not glyphed), a slight buff to ice barrier would be nice as well, considering the state of burst in pvp.

Just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Please don't buff mages, let them have one patch being middle bottom so they know how it feels

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    I'm going to weigh in on this, speaking only from a frost mage pvp perspective.
    Upon reviewing many of the comments with respect to pvp, I'm convinced the blowhards commenting don't actually pvp with any regularity.
    A little history...playing since launch, 2200+ rated each of the past 3 seasons, 500,000+ hks, etc etc.

Refreshed to see GC recognizing the lackluster mage dps, and I'm sure this is spec-wide, and not specifically geared towards dragon fighters (PVE). I think this is more of an issue with respect to other classes getting more handsome buffs than the mage. Being in 2200 elite gear, 2/2 upgrades and busting my ass in BGs only to come in 4th or lower on the damage board is underwhelming to say the least. Especially when frost DKs, SPriests, and Hunters of subpar gear and skill can handily top the leaderboards with little effort. Frost DKs are an absolute joke right now IMO, especially given their ability to range you to death with howling blast.

Anyhow, a revert to the pre-hotfixed frostbomb would be welcomed. Not with respect to the fireblast detonation, but the damage done by the bomb. This alone would likely bring frost back up to balance with the other dps (sic) classes in pvp. Also, seeing as we don't have much of a self heal in pvp (evocation not glyphed), a slight buff to ice barrier would be nice as well, considering the state of burst in pvp.

Just my 2 cents.
    Again it's a problem with scaling. In full Tyrannical gear, the damage we put out it is far ahead of what we do now, even comparable to other classes. Any buffs to anything but FrB would make us close to being overpowered again. Self-healing and absorption increases are better choices to get us where we should be in term of balance, but I don't know how they would go about doing that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Please don't buff mages, let them have one patch being middle bottom so they know how it feels
    That's all it takes? Cool, 2.4. Thanks, we're done ehre.
    BfA Beta Time

In my opinion, we will probably not get anything that will mess with PvP balance too much. A buff to the level 90 talents would likely increase burst damage, and we know they don't like that. Buffing the bomb tier would be tricky. They would have to figure out how to buff Frost Bomb without having it obliterate people in PvP. I could see them buffing Fire's mastery so we get slightly more ignite damage per point of mastery. For Arcane, they could reduce the mana cost of spells slightly. With Frost, it could be Water Elemental related so as to not cause too much drama in PvP.

haha its so funny just because mages is not number 1 dps for 1 week they buff them again

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    haha its so funny just because mages is not number 1 dps for 1 week they buff them again
    Yeah, that is pretty funny. I especially like the part where you came in to the mage forums to post asinine drivel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty funny. I especially like the part where you came in to the mage forums to post asinine drivel.
    Indeed, there is enough of that here as it is.

User was infracted for this post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    In my opinion, we will probably not get anything that will mess with PvP balance too much. A buff to the level 90 talents would likely increase burst damage, and we know they don't like that. Buffing the bomb tier would be tricky. They would have to figure out how to buff Frost Bomb without having it obliterate people in PvP. I could see them buffing Fire's mastery so we get slightly more ignite damage per point of mastery. For Arcane, they could reduce the mana cost of spells slightly. With Frost, it could be Water Elemental related so as to not cause too much drama in PvP.
    Hmm.

Changes to the 90 talents won't necessarily spell "bad" for PvP:

RoP will never be taken in PvP, let's face it. Unless it's instant cast with a semi-persistent buff (ie for 3-4 seconds after having left Rune) and possibly making it un-targeted and just dropping at our feet, it's just not going to be viable for PvP, ever. Those particular buffs would also make it v. good for PvE, and are unrealistic.

Invocation in it's current form - perhaps. A ~2.5s cast isn't that bad at all, but realistically that's why they nerfed the healing on Invocation, for PvP purposes. A buff to the damage buff would, sure, make it a lot more viable for PvP but this is why we'd perhaps only talk about at most 5% increased damage on top of it.

Incanter's will most likely still remain the go-to talent for PvP, even though it can be dispelled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    That's all it takes? Cool, 2.4. Thanks, we're done ehre.
    Seems oddly rude for a moderator. Plus pretty pointless to refer to a point 6 (?) years ago.

This is not a case of being middle-bottom though, it's a case of all three specs being among the lowest five. That calls for a hotfix with any class. I'd say Hunters deserve a hotfix as well, but not quite as much as they have Survival up slightly above the middle.

"We at blizzard have heard the players and made the following changes to mages:

*Arcane Brilliance has been replaced with Inspiriation of Brilliance. This effect has no duration can not be dispelled.
    *Scorch has been removed completely.
    *Fireball and Arcane Missiles can now be cast while moving.
    *Incanters Ward has been replaced with something useful involving Mana Gems/Draw Wild Mana.
    *Frostfire Bolt's cast time has been lowered to 2.5 seconds. It's corresponding glyph has been removed. Note: It cannot be cast while moving.
    *Inferno Blast (Fire Only) now has the old [Glyph of Fire Blast]'s Bomb interactions as Baseline.
    *Flameglow now has a visual effect that causes the mage to generate pink sparkles when hit. This is in response to the communities complaints on it's lack of visual appeal.
    *Conjure Mana Gem, the gem it summons, and it's Prime Glyph have been replaced with a new spell: [Draw Wild Mana]. The corresponding minor glyph now work with this new spell in the same way as before.
    *New Spell - [Draw Wild Mana]: The mage draws on the nether to instantly restore 50,000 mana. 2 min cd.
    *New Prime Glyph - [Draw Wild Mana]: Your [Draw Wild Mana] now also restores 5% of your health.
    *Blizzard's damage has been increased by 700%. Not a ploy at all.

We hope these changes appease the mage community, while in fact doing nothing about their comparatively lower dps. Go play with the shiny new changes, and stop with the puppies!"
    Last edited by Nazora; 2013-03-12 at 03:02 PM.
    "I play paper, rock is fine, but can you plz nerf scizzors? They're way too OP!"

Plays: Raven - Shattered Hand(90 mage), Lycoris - Stonemaul (87 DK)

Slightly off-topic when talking buffs to a spec, wasn't the whole point of Mastery when it was introduced was to allow Blizzard to make small adjustments to output? Why are they not able to do this?