15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Here is my elementalist
    Worked hard on that mix of different armor (and Anomaly and Fractal Capacitor too, ha), and it turned out great, I think

Very nice

There are now new town clothes in the Gem Store. Here are some screen shots I grabbed from Reddit. They look good. Too bad it wasn't a new medium armor skin.

Deleted
    Comming in a town/city should automatically switch your character to towncloths.

10+ Year Old Account
    CAUTION: Riding pants will make you look fat.

I'd like town clothes as drops from time to time, but w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    Comming in a town/city should automatically switch your character to towncloths.
    No, some peeps like to show off their gear

You can bind a key to easily switch to town clothing if you like. Check the keybinds under options.
    Valar morghulis

Finally level 80, it took long enough but I have been busy with school and work.

I was going for a military scout type look. I still need to get the human tier 3 chest and legs. Also some new gloves.
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-03-12 at 04:01 PM.

I'm tired of new town clothes it's pretty stupid.

Why are there no cosmetic combat items like they did with gw1?

Deleted
    I could not run around with that pure white hair. So I changed it again and took some skill pictures (I like to dye that armor).

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I could not run around with that pure white hair. So I changed it again and took some skill pictures (I like to dye that armor).

Clever use of dyes. I like.

Deleted
    haha nice, I foresee some victorious battles for you :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post

Air picture

Bending all the elements, I am avatar XD

When I heard about town clothes during the development I thought that they would be more... normal. All these costumes and silly things might be fun for some people, but I just want to run around in a pretty dress when I'm in the city, and get a break from my combat look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    When I heard about town clothes during the development I thought that they would be more... normal. All these costumes and silly things might be fun for some people, but I just want to run around in a pretty dress when I'm in the city, and get a break from my combat look.
    They should force you to switch to town clothes when entering a town/city imo.

Deleted
    Iryne, makes me want an Elementalist.

WARRIOR 4 LYFE! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    They should force you to switch to town clothes when entering a town/city imo.
    Terrible idea, lol.

I like seeing all the various combinations of dungeon, cultural, orders, karma, crafted and story armors and the fantastic color combinations people come up with - so much creativity! Not to mention the hundreds of weapons.

And I imagine people prefer to show them off since that's what you see all the time ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    This is how my necromancer looks like now. My former main char. Still play her pretty often.

And this is my main char. Mesmer.

About 6 months ago...

and now

:P

I did like the Wintersday clothes, but the fact that they were town only prevented me from buying any.

GW2 has some of the worst heavy armor though, it's really frustrating me. The only pieces I like are the outrageously expensive T3 cultural. I never thought I'd have to complain about a game not having enough "skimpy" plate. I'd like to be able to show off my Sylvari's lovely markings and glow in something that's suitable to her. Even their culturals are concealing in that respect, but still better than most of what else is on the market. Leather isn't a whole lot better. Variety and aesthetic beauty seem centered solely around human/norn/sylvari light armor. Gods help you if you have an Asura or Charr.

The Profane armor is so laughably terrible it's almost a shame it costs so many gems because I'd only buy it as a joke.

<-- LOL
    (This reminds me so much of that terrible paladin set in WoW, Redemption, was it? Oi.)

I'm really not a fan of the street clothes at all. When I saw the hoodies I just rolled my eyes. Where are these dresses?! (Other than in Countess Anise's closet. D: )

10+ Year Old Account
    D: Guys many of those sets are AWESOME! I'm jelly cause my computer can't run GW2 D:, i would love to play GW2 but i can't... and you know what... IS YOUR FAULT! why? cause cause....... well... i need to blame someone (not myselft) :P

So, at first I had a human necromancer. I leveled her all the way to 80.... before seeing my terrible, terrible mistake. Playing a human main was boring. So I decided to start a new asura necromancer instead. At first I was worried I would be sad about starting over, but I couldn't find I was after seeing this critter on my screen all day. I admit, she was kind of inspired by Sue (and the concept of mimiga) from Cave Story.

... All the items, dyes, and special things I gained, I told myself I could always obtain again. Besides, doesn't the fun lie in the journey, rather than arriving at the destination?

... I realized then that I'd found what I'd been missing all along: a journey. <3

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by summourn View Post
    So, at first I had a human necromancer. I leveled her all the way to 80.... before seeing my terrible, terrible mistake. Playing a human main was boring. So I decided to start a new asura necromancer instead. At first I was worried I would be sad about starting over, but I couldn't find I was after seeing this critter on my screen all day. I admit, she was kind of inspired by Sue (and the concept of mimiga) from Cave Story.
    Nice pics! Seeing those ears blowing back in the wind makes me want to level my Asura
    Valar morghulis