Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    I think they should develop at least one new set of post-release 5 mans in expansions. They could do something like Frozen Halls on their own queue and/or restrict drops to wrists and minor upgrades. From what I remember, most people were not going straight into ICC from Frozen Halls gear, they used badges in combination with TotC - they still had to run a raid. It was much different from the CoT 5 mans in Cata.

As much as I like LFR I don't see it as a replacement for new 5 mans. You can have new dungeons without killing the viability of old raids.
    Yep I would be more than happy if they implemented a couple of new 5 mans.

It had some nice trinkets drop maybe the odd bits of nice gear.

Full epics for every class that are better (or almost as good) as the previous raiding tier is a big no no in my opinion (and it would seem in Blizzards eyes as well).

In my head though if it come down to:-

13 Boss Raid Tier, New Daily Hub & New Scenarios.

or

8 Boss Raid Tier & 3 New 5 Mans.

I personally will take the 13 Boss Raid Tier, New Daily Hub & New Scenarios.

Of course we would all like

13 Boss Raid Tier, New Daily Hub, New Scenarios & 3 New 5 Mans.

But that is getting to "OMFG I want everything and I want it now isn't it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    In regards to your first comment, the players are a result of the system
    Not buying this at all. That's basically saying that Blizzard is to blame for someone's lack of personal responsibility. That's BS.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Thanks. Now I know, that I won't resub in this xpack.
    lol. Some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that I only do a single 5-man a day for the bonus rep...I really couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Dave Kosak said that in an interview on the german site buffed.
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Headline reads:
    No additional 5-man-dungeons planned, challenge-scenarios and Shaohao-lore - Interview with Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak

Q: Do you even plan additional 5-mam dungeons for the rest of the patches of MoP?
    A: No plans regarding that. There'll be more scenarios and you'll still be able to use the LFR tool for the previous tier of raiding. At the moment, we don't plan to release new dungeons.

I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    I promise they will amend this decision if enough people bitch once money is lossed they will go hard to get it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No player's are not a result of the system.

Hell back in BC i had a guy who always trolled trade chat around 4pm EST and would do it into the late hrs in the morning. Lots of people called him out on it and lots joined in.

There has always been assholes in wow its just now because of the LFD/LFR/CRZ system you see more of them.

Yes I'm sure there was a lot more helpful people back in BC then now but that is because these helpful people have there said fuck it what'z the point in trying to help someone when all there going to do is troll you or they outright quit wow.

The assholes have always been there but BC you mainly seen them in X-roads chat or BG"s now because you can see more people you see more assholes.

In my Opinion: WOW attracts the worse kind of player/person and it has been this way for a really really long time way before LFR/LFD. its just that over the years it has gotten more worse.

And a lot of it has to do with blizzard not enforcing there rules as much as they use to. I won't put all the blame on blizzard for this but its at lease 50/50.

this temp 2hr-3day bans are a joke and they do nothing. perma ban people and maybe the rest will notice and stop there shit or at lease it will cut down some.

"Sorry for going a bit off topic there"
    Sad part is I agree with you about Blizzard not enforcing things and the penalty volcano is a joke, I am permanently banned from their main forums for pointing out how they don't (I linked someones armory who has one of the most foul god awful names ever that I won't even mention here), for THAT I get perma-banned but the account holder in question gets nothing, same with the people I report every single damn day for racism and other colorful things.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Not buying this at all. That's basically saying that Blizzard is to blame for someone's lack of personal responsibility. That's BS.
    How is it BS? Are you telling me that if people in the real world were given the ability to say what they want and do what they want with no consequences they wouldn't? Get over yourself already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I promise they will amend this decision if enough people bitch once money is lossed they will go hard to get it back.
    Perhaps although that's less likely than people think. Art assets are the big constraint for Blizzard and dungeons require a lot of them as do raids. So far, Blizzard is putting their money on raids. The point being that at this point in time there's likely very little time left to design, get the art done and implement a batch of new dungeons for MoP. You might see a couple of older dungeons retrofit if things get that bad or the "5.4 surprise" may take the place of that if it's about scaling dungeons or old raids.

Have to wait and see on that one. I'm really skeptical that brand new dungeons will be brought out although I think it would be pretty interesting if they could do some scenarios that use the old dungeons for something. A lot of the scenarios have been 'outside' (as it were) and having a few that takes you through a few rooms in an old dungeon or a raid could be pretty cool if an appropriate storyline were attached. Since we're apparently heading back to SW/Org for the last part of the expansion maybe that's a possibility.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    And the dumbing down of WoW continues... oh well lets all go do scenarios!
    Dumbing down? LOL 5 mans were a joke to say the least, show me your raid progression please.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed with this news. I have always liked running dungeons (at least until MoP launched).

Blizzard had said that they were going back to Wrath difficulty for the heroic dungeons, I just didn't realise that they had meant when people were running them at the end of WoTLK in ICC gear. Each one is the same. Tank gathers up each group and then the DPS AoE them down. I got bored of that pretty quick. I would rather not earn VP than run an heroic.

I was hoping therefore that the dungeons that typically arrive later in the expansion would be somewhat challenging and enjoyable to run but alas there will not be any. For someone who doesn't raid normals that only leaves me with dailies and LFR (because I have no interest in pet battles, scenarios, brawlers guild, challenge modes etc.). That doesn't sound very compeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

But that is getting to "OMFG I want everything and I want it now isn't it".
    Not when you paid $50 for vanilla $50 for TBC $50 for WOTLK $40 for Cata and $50 for MoP, then for the better part of 10 years paid $15 a month. All that money and you want to even imply they don't have the resources to do more better and faster? Now let's not also forget that there is all sorts of nonsense you can buy online and otherwise to augment your game with blizzards trademarks. So at what point are you not able to say yea you aren't doing enough do more. Hell somehow other companies do a whole lot more work with less money and get better quality, think Crytek, think Epic. Hell if the Free to play MMO's werent Pay to Win a few out there have really good looking visuals and gameplay.

It took blizzards top level devs how many years to only just BEGIN separating PVP and PVE completely?(By this I mean the way players heal and damage each others in zones and "new" pvp power resilience changes etc. On the level more money goes to BS than the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Not adding 5 mans means they pretty much aren't going to bother expanding Challenge Mode content this expansion like they said they would.

There's always that small hope that the "old content" feature involves some sort of Challenge Mode classic raids.
    Challenge modes failed hard. You can tell that hardly anyone does them, but the somewhat lukewarm comments by blues about how "more" people will do them at some undefined point in the future....

Same with scenarios.

Whether or not the content was anygood, the uptake seams to be pretty poor if you read between the lines.

They really should do a new dungeon every patch or 2, Idc if the gear is the same item lvl as the original dungeons, its just really fucking annoying the same 3 dungeons anytime you want to valor cap/get a lil rep boost, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Challenge modes failed hard. You can tell that hardly anyone does them, but the somewhat lukewarm comments by blues about how "more" people will do them at some undefined point in the future....

Same with scenarios.

Whether or not the content was anygood, the uptake seams to be pretty poor if you read between the lines.
    This is what I have seen thus far from the non-raiders............

- We are entitled to see the same content as raiders (No you aren't but anyway) so they gave you LFR

- Outcry for the daily cap to be removed and more dailies you got it and now people complain about that

- 5 mans are too easy we need more challenge, ok wish granted.............OMG 5 MANS ARE TOO HARD NERF THEM!

- Need more to do other than LFR and 5 mans, you got it with pet battles and world bosses...........still not enough because.......

- All we got is LFR why aren't you adding more 5 mans that we complained about only having to do before?

So...........why is Blizz ignoring you? Because nothing is ever good enough and they are damned if they do damned if they don't.

And now I sit waiting to be told how I am wrong.
    Last edited by Seefer; 2013-03-12 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Challenge modes failed hard. You can tell that hardly anyone does them, but the somewhat lukewarm comments by blues about how "more" people will do them at some undefined point in the future...
    Challenges modes failed because people are liars.

It's a similar situation to Twinking, back in the day. In the case of twinks, people said that they played because they enjoyed the 'experience' of low level-PvP. So, Blizzard made them put their money where their mouths were by creating the XP-off brackets. Lo and behold, twinking all but died. People didn't enjoy the experience, most just enjoyed farming the non-twinked.

In this case, people said that they didn't care about having better gear than others, they just wanted the challenge. So Blizzard catered to their statements and once again, the lie was exposed. The fact challenge modes do not reward better statted gear makes them unattractive to the player base they were designed for.

To sum up; people in the elitist cliques tend to be awful liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's kind of a shame considering that my favorite instances in WOTLK were the ones they added later on; the Trial of the Champion and Icecrown 5-mans were a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    It's kind of a shame considering that my favorite instances in WOTLK were the ones they added later on; the Trial of the Champion and Icecrown 5-mans were a blast.
    Ya i really enjoyed the ICC 5man's it gave you that feel like you are taking on everything Lich King can throw at you and ur slowy making you way to him/the raid.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    If anyone told me they are using LFR to practice I would laugh at them because they remove mechanics and dumb down the damage, I was nodding off on my mage in MSV LFR (before ToES release) and was still doing 35k and lived through the fight............LFR is a JOKE.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:19 PM ----------

Yep but it doesn't happen on a daily basis, I can go into an LFD and be called all sorts of colorful racist names or other remarks that ruin my fun and experience even if I don't say or do anything wrong, people say those who want the days of Vanilla/BC have on rose colored glasses but the people who think todays model is great and nothing horrible has come from all this have their eyes completely covered and their fingers in their ears going "LALALALA I can't heeeeeeeeeear you"
    Maybe just maybe if it continues to happen you get called stuff, its not random but because of something you say or do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Maybe just maybe if it continues to happen you get called stuff, its not random but because of something you say or do.
    I don't say anything in LFD, the few times I tried I was told "Shut up and heal or be booted" and that was a simple "Hi, how ya'll doing?".........basically the only thing making me consider unsubbing is the community not the game, I still enjoy the game but the community sucks the fun right out of it, I have already had many friends leave for the same reason and 1 friend I tried bringing into the game left after 2 days because of the people abusing him for asking simple questions.

People are okay about ditching 5-mans and in return get more scenario's and dailys..... I don't want to live on this planet (Azeroth) anymore!

Moves to Outland

I'll boil this whole discussion down to what someone else said previously in this thread, that they played mop for a month and quit and won't be coming back because blizz did not add any 5 man content. When Mop was released they released a dozen or more 5 man dungeons and yet the player only hung around for a month, so do you really think that adding in more 5 man content would of brought the player back or even kept them for more than a month? Hell no, because more 5 man content wasn't why they left in the first place, they just wanted something to bitch about.

They dont need 5 man dungeons, all the gear for heroic dungeons is accounted for in existing content. Once you did that dungeon 2 times you would be bored of it already. If what you need in it (gear) is already accounted for and you get bored of it the second time through it then why devote energy into making something that we already have? If you want gear to get you to 5.2 content, well guess what? They have a random pug system for that, and its called LFR. Instead of spending time creating something you will be bored of on week 2 for the same gear you get in LFR they spent time devoted to producing other things for you to do in the game, which means they learned a lesson from cata and that is you don't expend your resources on going back to update content, you work forward not backward. The fact that you can do 5.2 content RIGHT NOW is because they didnt waste their time on a 5 man dungeon that you would not need the gear from and be bored of in week two, AKA RIGHT NOW.

You can't make it for gearing up because that didn't work out well at all in the 4.2 zandalari content. People would cue up for a random, get that one and would rather take the 30 min nerf than try and work through it. Mid tier 5 man content does not work seamlessly.

This isn't an issue of "Blizzard really messed up by not making more 5 man content", this is an issue of, "I am going to make stuff up to be angry about because I like hearing myself bitch and complain about wow all the time."