Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    On 10 man, we 2 manned the plattforms with elemental and shadow. It went like this:

1. kill adds and take a feath, fly to #2
    2. kill adds, fly to #3
    3. kill adds and wait until you're able to pick up another feather, fly on top
    4. position yourself under the first upper platform, dps the boss and fly up when the msg appears
    5. do all upper ones and just jump down and dps the boss, repeat doing the 3 lower ones and then kill the boss

These are good tips, but not really ele-specific. I will add that we can solo a platform with ascendance, though.
    yeah, I just saw that your explaination I though it could be great to give as much "dps-increasing" tips as possible, even if most are indeed not restricted to elemental...

Also, on Lei shen, on 10man during intermission we're splitting the raid in 4, and I'm doing a forth of the room with a tank. When using PE, as earth elemental isn't doing much dps anyway, using it in intermissions for an additional -20% damage taken was pretty usefull (especially when we have to soak 2 static shock and a few bouncing bolt). Also, I never tried it but during intermissions, taking a static shock alone seems lethal even with AS+rage of the shaman (I take 400k with just one -30% cd when we're two (me+tank) in it...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    yeah, I just saw that your explaination I though it could be great to give as much "dps-increasing" tips as possible, even if most are indeed not restricted to elemental...

Also, on Lei shen, on 10man during intermission we're splitting the raid in 4, and I'm doing a forth of the room with a tank. When using PE, as earth elemental isn't doing much dps anyway, using it in intermissions for an additional -20% damage taken was pretty usefull (especially when we have to soak 2 static shock and a few bouncing bolt). Also, I never tried it but during intermissions, taking a static shock alone seems lethal even with AS+rage of the shaman (I take 400k with just one -30% cd when we're two (me+tank) in it...)
    I was taking them pretty consistently with SR+AS. It dropped me pretty low, but it worked. It may not be safe for anyone with lower health, I suppose. With the 20% from earth ele, it would be very doable for just about anyone. I was dropping earth ele during the intermissions as well, although it was usually to grab agro on any adds in our quadrant. I did use the -20% a couple of times, but not for soaking the Static. I definitely should have tried that.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I used CL extensively and was #1 on DPS and we killed it no problem. Why were they telling you not to AoE?

Here's my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5969#Vanasex
    Your logs look really good im just curious on your opinion about Lb criting for an avg of 60k higher than lvb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I was taking them pretty consistently with SR+AS. It dropped me pretty low, but it worked. It may not be safe for anyone with lower health, I suppose. With the 20% from earth ele, it would be very doable for just about anyone. I was dropping earth ele during the intermissions as well, although it was usually to grab agro on any adds in our quadrant. I did use the -20% a couple of times, but not for soaking the Static. I definitely should have tried that.
    Is it magic or physical damage? Playing with that 522 normal staff now, so in case i'ts physical I'd need to weapon swap to shield/1h

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Is it magic or physical damage? Playing with that 522 normal staff now, so in case i'ts physical I'd need to weapon swap to shield/1h
    It's nature. Which also means you could glyph HST for the extra 10% DR, if you have an open glyph slot. CL doesn't need to be glyphed, so I could see justifying the HST glyph for this, absolutely. There's lots of other times when nature damage DR would help as well. I'll add that to the OP, actually.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Your logs look really good im just curious on your opinion about Lb criting for an avg of 60k higher than lvb.
    It is what it is. /shrug Not much to be said, I guess. LvB is still better to cast because of the 100% crit chance, but if they don't fix it in the future, it may fall victim to only being used during ascendance. The easiest fix would be to make it scale with crit, but they've already discussed their thoughts on that. We're doing quite well in ToT at the minute, so we don't need that buff currently. I wouldn't be surprised if they look at it for next tier, though. It would really help our scaling overall.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 04:30 AM ----------

Updated for heroic Jin'rokh and Horridon. Fuck. Horridon.

Deleted
    If you're using PE on fights, is it generally best to spec for EM and glyph FE and to use them all at the same time? If so, do you always or most of the time, do it at pull or are there certain exceptions when you don't?

For Horridon having flame shock on the dire spirit, and having searing totem knock it back is working quite well.

Mainly do this when chain lightning the adds, goes back to being shit when you have to single target mobs/boss.
    Last edited by EruptorNZ; 2013-03-13 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    For Horridon having flame shock on the dire spirit, and having searing totem knock it back is working quite well.

Mainly do this when chain lightning the adds, goes back to being shit when you have to single target mobs/boss.
    I wasn't able to get my searing totem to stay on it consistently. I was flame shocking the add, but it didn't seem to keep searing totem focused for any more than a couple of hits (which were much appreciated, regardless, lol).

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusic View Post
    If you're using PE on fights, is it generally best to spec for EM and glyph FE and to use them all at the same time? If so, do you always or most of the time, do it at pull or are there certain exceptions when you don't?
    PE/EM and PE/EotE sim out nearly identical for me, so I use EotE because it's better for any fights with cleaving and it takes less attention away from mechanics. The glyph is completely dependent on the length of the fight and whether or not you get an additional use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandokai View Post
    Grounding Totem vs. Kazra'jin - Yes, it works really well. Combine it with the Call of the Elements Talent (Tier 3) and it's even more effective as you can use it for two consecutive reflect phases during his empowerment. I stood there blowing fire at Kaz with my health pegged at 100%, and I laughed.

This totem is a great Shaman class ability that's been under-utilized in encounter design, and I enjoyed being able to do something uniquely shamanic to contribute to the raid.

Props to our pal Bethan for pointing it out...and props to the design team for letting this glyphed totem shine (don't nerf it, it's awesome).
    Okay so my raid group has been having issues dealing with Kaz's reflect damage, and I have tried using the gylphed grounding totem on it. I am grouped up (aka same party) with all the other dps, but it seems like even with the grounding totem "buff" up we are still taking damage from his reflect. Have they hotfixed this?
    Here is a link to one of our attempts. As you can see at 23:51:59.438 I cast grounding totem and gain the buff shortly after that. However you can see that I continue to take damage from overload.
    Can anyone see something stupid I am doing wrong?

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1dfvagjwp1mt5rry/xe/?s=4687&e=4890&x=sourceName+%3D+%22Awahjr%22%0D%0AOR+targetName+%3D+%22Awahjr%22&page=3

Unleash elements really comes in handy for humming crystals on Tortos or Direhorn spirits on Horridon. Make a focus macro with Unleash elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JKim View Post
    Unleash elements really comes in handy for humming crystals on Tortos or Direhorn spirits on Horridon. Make a focus macro with Unleash elements
    Hmm, indeed, that would help. Just wish we had something without a CD. I'll add that.

Deleted
    You could add if you've used EotE or EM on the bosses where you advice PE over EB.

Still on Horridon, just found out that wind shear knocks the direhorn spirit back - our resto shaman failed to tell me for the 40 attempts we have had. Unleash Elements and Wind Shear work well on last phase for the spirit.

Is glyphed grounding totem still working on Council? Our logs are confusing me.

[00:28:51.606] Shaman gains Grounding Totem from Grounding Totem
    [00:28:51.606] Rogue gains Grounding Totem from Grounding Totem
    [00:28:51.606] Paladin gains Grounding Totem from Grounding Totem
    [00:28:52.816] Kazra'jin Overload Rogue 6880
    [00:28:53.356] Kazra'jin Overload Paladin 12640

It's exciting to see PE make some appearances this tier. So glad it's becoming useful for non-orc races.

Deleted
    Jin'Rokh the Breaker heroic seems a really elemental friendly boss, I killed it yesterday and ended up 3rd on the DPS meter (191k) behind the rogues.
    I went with PE+EM, small tip: ask your warlocks to place 2 gateways to the 2 furthest away pool spots to get maximum pool uptime.
    Last edited by mmocb2055ab9b7; 2013-03-14 at 05:05 PM.

Just killed Horridon, all the tips I posted for the Direhorn Spirit work really well.

Should have a video up by tonight of my PoV.

Pulled around 180k with EoE + EB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Is glyphed grounding totem still working on Council? Our logs are confusing me.

[00:28:51.606] Shaman gains Grounding Totem from Grounding Totem
    [00:28:51.606] Rogue gains Grounding Totem from Grounding Totem
    [00:28:51.606] Paladin gains Grounding Totem from Grounding Totem
    [00:28:52.816] Kazra'jin Overload Rogue 6880
    [00:28:53.356] Kazra'jin Overload Paladin 12640
    Y, I was having the same problem. Looks like this may have been hot fixed -.-

Deleted
    For Horridon HC, the spirit dino which start to fixate on you after Dire Call. Beware, to not knock it too far with Searing totem, because if you do there is risk that dino fixate to tank or start evading but still attack you (yes, both cases happened to me yesterday).