Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As for the SWP change.. ok 25% may have been too high, but we already knew not having that buff left SPriests too low... why not give it a 15% increase?
    Because, as far as they are concerned, Shadow multi-dot was fine where it was in 5.1. Why they buff SW:P in the first place is a mystery to .. well probably anybody with a functioning brain.

Maybe Devs were drunk from "pre patch release celebration" and one of them fell onto a keyboard, hence the 25% buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL

March 12 Class Hotfixes

•Warlock: Corruption damage -25%.
    •Warlock: Doom damage -25%.
    •Priest: Shadow Word: Pain damage -25%.

Nice buff hahahah

Deleted
    Blanket buffs and debuffs, last minute changes. Clearly a sign of blizzard not knowing what the hell they are doing with the class and they have no clue how to tune us properly.

Deleted
    100 * 1,25 = 125

125*0,75 = 93,75

So basically a 6,25% SW:P dmg reduction from the pre 5.2 levels. Pretty pathetic to be honest. Well I don't play this game anymore, but as a 7 year old shadow priest I still this is absolutely pathetic that they don't have the tools to do proper class balance adjustments instead of making these last minute changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know that yet. It may be just a rollback and imprecise wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    100 * 1,25 = 125

125*0,75 = 93,75

So basically a 6,25% SW:P dmg reduction from the pre 5.2 levels. Pretty pathetic to be honest. Well I don't play this game anymore, but as a 7 year old shadow priest I still this is absolutely pathetic that they don't have the tools to do proper class balance adjustments instead of making these last minute changes.
    Even including shadowform buff it's still a nerf vs 5.1 SWP

100 * 1,25 = 125

125*0,75 = 93,75

You are 100% correct. sw is doing less dmg than it was doing in 5.1

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    You are 100% correct. sw is doing less dmg than it was doing in 5.1
    You've tested this?

Edit: Here's my proof:

testing Spellpower: 14112 (no staff, no trinkets, no inner fire, no shadowform)
    tested tick damage: 4758

Formula for SW:P from before 5.2:

623.3+0.293*SP

= 4758

If SW:P had been hit with an actual 25% nerf, it should be doing 4758*1.25*0.75 = 4460
    Last edited by Aica; 2013-03-12 at 10:46 PM.
    {[( )]}

10+ Year Old Account
    You are 100% correct. sw:P is doing less dmg than it was doing in 5.1
    Since I'm probably not allowed to post it as an image:

Headdesk

You've tested this?
    It is Drye. He wouldn't state it if he hadn't tested it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless SW:P's damage formula changed sometime between 5.0 and 5.2 and I missed it, I'm pretty sure I'm correct.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Well this isnt half the ass pull they did to pvp by buffing mage bombs by 40% (but it's still such an amateur move). I am glad I cancelled my subscription a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Unless SW:P's damage formula changed sometime between 5.0 and 5.2 and I missed it, I'm pretty sure I'm correct.
    What you are suggesting is a 20% nerf, not a 25%. (1.25 * .8 = 1)

Though I'm not sure that GC understands the difference between the two, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    You've tested this?

Edit: Here's my proof:

testing Spellpower: 14112 (no staff, no trinkets, no inner fire, no shadowform)
    tested tick damage: 4758

Formula for SW:P from before 5.2:

623.3+0.293*SP

= 4758

If SW:P had been hit with an actual 25% nerf, it should be doing 4758*1.25*0.75 = 4460
    Actually, you;re right. I forgot to take into the amount of int I've lost gemming for haste. I need to do more stuff after progression, but, this should be right.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    I read it as reverting the previous hotfix. Did think my SW:P wasn't doing that much damage...

Well this isnt half the ass pull they did to pvp by buffing mage bombs by 40% (but it's still such an amateur move). I am glad I cancelled my subscription a few months ago.
    Why do you feel the need to tell us you've quit every post?

Actually shadow is not in a bad place right now. There's only a week's worth of data, but currently we're top 3 on raidbots which is not exactly being benched territory. I don't think losing a bit of SW:P is going to plunge us down to the bottom of the table as it's just not that much of our damage.

Deleted
    This is the main reason why they are reverting the buff, spriest was destroying the meters in highend gear (mind you this is a killshot of the world first heroic horridon, especially take note of the fact that the spriest died a good while before the kill and still topped the meter by a good margin):

http://manaflask.com/images/gallerie...1a7%5B1%5D.jpg
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-03-13 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Made a link due to huge picture

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Why do you feel the need to tell us you've quit every post?
    Feel free to ignore me, seeing as I hardly ever post on class specific forums anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    This is the main reason why they are reverting the buff, spriest was destroying the meters in highend gear (mind you this is a killshot of the world first heroic horridon, especially take note of the fact that the spriest died a good while before the kill and still topped the meter by a good margin):

http://manaflask.com/images/gallerie...1a7%5B1%5D.jpg
    Had nothing to do with Shadow Word: Pain though. Horridon gives us permanent Twist of Fate uptime, so we do +15% more damage compared to everyone else. Combined with that we're one of the strongest execute specs, and the fight has us cycling through near-endless execute phases - and we Should be topping the meter on a fight like Horridon.

If the problem is Twist of Fate, the solution shouldn't be to nerf Shadow Word: Pain. Twist of Fate only benefits us on fights like Horridon, Shadow Word: Pain nerfs us everywhere.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-03-13 at 01:00 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

baaaaaaaaaahahaha hotfixed. DMG + REVERTED trollololollol

Deleted
    well, this buff took long to revert. Oh wait, 1 week and bbye. At least i hope that they reverted to 5.1 values, from what is written there it seems its even more nerfed. Thx GC you rock.

The way it's written basically says we reverted the buff we gave you last week so i'm 99.9% sure it's like it was in 5.1.