Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Myself (shadowpriest) and our hunter were doing upper platforms on Jin-Kun on 25 man. Deterrence does not stop damage from quills. Unless hotfixed, please remove from list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    Myself (shadowpriest) and our hunter were doing upper platforms on Jin-Kun on 25 man. Deterrence does not stop damage from quills. Unless hotfixed, please remove from list.
    It does. It just doesn't block quills already in the air. It's the exact same mechanic as Windlord Meljarak's rain of blades.

Deleted
    LEI SHEN : static electricy can be take alone without damage by using deterrence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    I was deterrencing Quills on Thursday and it worked OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Durumu
    -Deterrance does not work on the black patches during Maze-phase, I tried it last night and I died from it. Bug Fix?
    -If you time right the debuff where a pool appears under you(can't remember name), you can disengage right when the green ball is about to hit ground under you and only take 1 tick of damage.
    -From what I could tell, nothing in this fight can be Fully-Deflected by Deterrance

Ji-Kun
    -Being able to soak pools without getting debuff doesn't work, tried it and used Deterrance right before I stepped in double pool, pools disappeared with deterrance up and I had 2 stacks of debuff
    Any chance we can get more confirmations on this stuff... there are a lot of conflicting reports - people say you can, others say you can't. It's not going to be a very helpful thread when there are so many conflicting posts. I'm not saying this guy is wrong - just that other people have said these things work - in fact, I'm one of the people that said you can deterrence the maze - because I'm pretty sure I did. I'm trying to get someone in my guild to help me use the expression editor to figure out if anything was deflected in our attempts.

I have updated the main post to this point. There were TONS of duplicate posts and a ton of chatter about strats not really relevant to "hunter tips and tricks" so if I missed anything, bring it to my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    Any chance we can get more confirmations on this stuff... there are a lot of conflicting reports - people say you can, others say you can't. It's not going to be a very helpful thread when there are so many conflicting posts. I'm not saying this guy is wrong - just that other people have said these things work - in fact, I'm one of the people that said you can deterrence the maze - because I'm pretty sure I did. I'm trying to get someone in my guild to help me use the expression editor to figure out if anything was deflected in our attempts.

I have updated the main post to this point. There were TONS of duplicate posts and a ton of chatter about strats not really relevant to "hunter tips and tricks" so if I missed anything, bring it to my attention.
    On Durumu:
    Well I only saw me taking damage from 2 DIFFERENT sources(Mik's Scrolling Battle Text) and my health dropped rapidly when I went through the maze "wall" with Deterrance up, I only tried it that once since I didn't want to risk dying again.

Deterrence does deflect quills, if you deterrence late the quills already in the air will hit you.

Deterrence only reduces the damage from the eye sores, does not deflect.

Any chance we can get more confirmations on this stuff...
    I used it on the maze because it was open on my screen, yet still took damage, but I know for a fact it didn't deflect it, can't remember if it reduced the damage though, and there's no point to wasting Det on Lingering, since you can run while it's flying at you and still take 1, maybe 2 ticks of damage, which is pitiful at best anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I used it on the maze because it was open on my screen, yet still took damage, but I know for a fact it didn't deflect it, can't remember if it reduced the damage though, and there's no point to wasting Det on Lingering, since you can run while it's flying at you and still take 1, maybe 2 ticks of damage, which is pitiful at best anyways.
    It does indeed reduce the damage of eye sores on durumu.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I really liked it.

Dark Animus:
    Someone said earlier to let your pet tank the add for you. We one shot it last night, but between that and the PTR my experience has been that it's easier to tank it yourself. It's easier to position if it is on you instead of the pet and also the pet can kill it if you're not paying close attention. Also - healers aren't going to be healing your pet, but they will heal you.

Iron Qon -

You can deterrence and walk through the spears - at least the fire one. I didnt need to do it on the others. You can also safely disengage over them. You can also disengage to safety on the tornadoes, but you need to be quick and aim carefully.

Durumu -
    You can deterrence through the maze if you move into a bad spot

Editing the main post now - if I missed something, bring it to my attention pls.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 01:05 PM ----------

can we get confirmation from others on this - because some people are saying you can deterrence stomp

I dont know about the Durumu thing, I died a few times trying to get to the range grp with detterance up.

Edit- nm you corrected yourself lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post
    Deterrence does deflect quills, if you deterrence late the quills already in the air will hit you.

Deterrence only reduces the damage from the eye sores, does not deflect.
    I can confirm this. It will reduce the damage, but will not deflect it. You will take 50k ticks instead of 100k if you have Deterrence glyphed.

[21:06:11.824] Carlaena gains Deterrence from Carlaena
    [21:06:13.539] Unknown Eye Sore Carlaena 53125
    [21:06:13.978] Unknown Eye Sore Carlaena 53125
    [21:06:14.544] Unknown Eye Sore Carlaena 53125
    [21:06:15.541] Unknown Eye Sore Carlaena 53125
    [21:06:16.823] Carlaena's Deterrence fades from Carlaena
    [21:06:20.402] Unknown Eye Sore Carlaena 106250

Thanks guys for the info on Durumu. I've corrected the post to reflect that information.

Anyone know about the green puddles on the bird boss? I've got one person saying you can stand in 2 and only get 1 debuff and another saying you still get 2 debuffs.

Deleted
    This may be a stupid question but, on the first boss in Tot how does the damage buff work? Do i have to manually place the pet in the pool for all of the fight? Sometimes it will be out of melee range, or will the pet benefit just from me standing in the pool?

Thanks

For heroic Jin'rokh, you can deterrence before ionization comes out and you will not get the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but, on the first boss in Tot how does the damage buff work? Do i have to manually place the pet in the pool for all of the fight? Sometimes it will be out of melee range, or will the pet benefit just from me standing in the pool?

Thanks
    The OP is wrong and needs to be fixed, as I've said in this thread at least once if not more. It is based upon the Hunters location, not the pet, unless of course they changed it since ~Friday.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709862708#5
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-03-13 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    Increased energy increases the damage from the shock - from what I could tell it was linear. Meaning it would be nearly 800k even at transition one. Actually leveling it causes a second debuff to go out.

edit:

I was told that many 10 mans are overloading static shock first since it's so much harder to deal with - which means it should NEVER gain a level. I'm unsure why you gave it a level. Get it to like 94-98 energy and the rest to ~80.
    We were doing West first (static shock second) just so we didn't have bouncing bolts on the 2nd transition and we could hide in corners for the overpowereds. We were going into transitions with Static Shock at around 94ish energy, are you saying the shocks are stronger at 1 level, 94 energy than they are at 1 level, say, 50 energy? That's something and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    The OP is wrong and needs to be fixed, as I've said in this thread at least once if not more. It is based upon the Hunters location, not the pet, unless of course they changed it since ~Friday.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709862708#5
    This is one of those things I missed when doing the update and why I ask you guys to bring it to my attention when something in the main post doesn't get update or corrected. I fixed it - thanks for letting me know

This is one of those things I missed when doing the update and why I ask you guys to bring it to my attention when something in the main post doesn't get update or corrected. I fixed it - thanks for letting me know
    Ah sorry, thought you saw it when I said it <3

Does anyone have advice on beasting H Horridon? What talents do people recommend?

Deleted
    I don't understand why my dps is so shitty then, i was operating under the idea that BM would be extremely good on that fight if you stood in the pools 99% of the time you were able