Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic Dungeons: A walk in the park.

Is it me or have the heroic dungeons got abit more easier than intended?

What I mean is today I've been in two heroic where the healer was a Balance druid, yet we still managed to finish the dungeon easy. Tanks are seemingly unkillable by trash mobs and I'm bloody well sure I've seen a Deathknight manage to solo his way through SM: Monestary (He was in full t15, already I may add). As a dps rogue I just seem to be able to sit back in the corner and get free JP and Valor, no problem without having to actually do any dps at all (yes I do try).

inb4 Blizzard purposely made heroics easy this expansion pack. I am aware off Challenge modes, its just the fact people don't seem to do them or atleast bother to do them.

I just feel like I'm getting given my Valor now.

What is the point of this? Ofcourse it is intended to be this easy. You think they can't tune dungeons after 8 years?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    well they are outgeared now. are you really in any way surprised that a T15 geared tank (so ilvl 515+) is having an easy time in a place tuned for ilvl 440?

They are suposed to be easy. If you want hard dungeons you go do challenge mode :P.

Deleted
    Again, I am aware that heroic dungeons were ment to be easy and no I'm not surpised that a Blood Dk is capable of soloing them. its abit silly that people of such gear, would still run said dungeons. I mean surely they would be far to be busy raiding or atleast leveling/gearing alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofifi View Post
    They are suposed to be easy. If you want hard dungeons you go do challenge mode :P.
    Overtuned time trials of dull content don't appeal to me any more than undertuned snoozes of dull content.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymidget View Post
    Again, I am aware that heroic dungeons were ment to be easy and no I'm not surpised that a Blood Dk is capable of soloing them. its abit silly that people of such gear, would still run said dungeons. I mean surely they would be far to be busy raiding or atleast leveling/gearing alts.

They run them for the extra VP or Rep... i mean, not everyone will have the reps maxxed, not all people are completionists... I for one have been doing my Sunreaver Rep in dungeons aswell as doing the dailies for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Overtuned time trials of dull content don't appeal to me any more than undertuned snoozes of dull content.
    Have you done some of them?

Is it me or have the heroic dungeons got abit more easier than intended?

What I mean is today I've been in two heroic where the healer was a Balance druid, yet we still managed to finish the dungeon easy. Tanks are seemingly unkillable by trash mobs and I'm bloody well sure I've seen a Deathknight manage to solo his way through SM: Monestary (He was in full t15, already I may add). As a dps rogue I just seem to be able to sit back in the corner and get free JP and Valor, no problem without having to actually do any dps at all (yes I do try).

inb4 Blizzard purposely made heroics easy this expansion pack. I am aware off Challenge modes, its just the fact people don't seem to do them or atleast bother to do them.

I just feel like I'm getting given my Valor now.
    Is it so strange that when you outgear content madly you can do it without trouble? It''s just like people soloing old raids/dungeons.
    I don't stop if the healer DC/leaves the dungeon and can still zerg through it, and i'm very far from full t15 :P
    If people do 20k each it's all good, and most do far more now, due to being geared.
    But yeah. They made it a lot easier. I supose there were too much whine in something as casual as dungeons, in cata, where you would die if you fucked up, and low dps could be a real issue.

People are still a bit scared of challenge, but they begin to start on it. It's just made for people that want the challenge, just as you sound like you want the HCs to be.
    Hcs are just a gear-hub :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Yeah well as mentioned above the overgearing is quiet big at this point, and the fact that they were not hard to begin with when released, it's not surprising how faceroll they are atm (not saying that's a good thing). As for the people that greatly outgear them I doubt they farm dungeons just for the "fun" of it. Most just do them once a day for the quick valor.

Deleted
    Yeah, Heroics are ezmode now. I don't like it, sometimes i feel like you OP, that VP's are just given to me. But we can't do nothing with it, if they make them hard and interesting, forums will be instantly filled with crying idiots. At least we have Challenge Modes now, when i was going for Gold, they were enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    They run them for the extra VP or Rep... i mean, not everyone will have the reps maxxed, not all people are completionists... I for one have been doing my Sunreaver Rep in dungeons aswell as doing the dailies for them.
    I still run them, to help others with their alts, and because it's relaxed when i'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    It's not overtuned. You just have to CC, and not faceroll.
    Your entire group need to work for it.

It was made intentionally faceroll after the crying in Cata about the heroics where you actually had to watch your screen while doing it instead of just hitting tab and a random dps button....There has to be a happy medium between my cat could play my toon and we'd still complete it and insanely hard trash with zerg bosses mode...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, you know...everybody will kinda have different preferences of what to do in the game. So this guy likes easy 5 mans over levelling alts? maybe he still levels alts. Who knows. And if you..like you said "feel you get your valors handed to you" in your first post....dunno..get them in another way? Like heroic raiding. Its not like scenarios, LFraid or dailies are more of a challenge....
    Yes, I could do that. Yet I like running heroics Just to see how my dps will actually fare against others (which is not LFR and 24 over players). It also gives me the potential to get better at my class.

Yes, I could do that. Yet I like running heroics Just to see how my dps will actually fare against others (which is not LFR and 24 over players). It also gives me the potential to get better at my class.
    You get next to nothing from dpsing in instances.
    It learns you how to use your burst, and you could as well pvp in BGs for that.
    Badly geared warriors hitting 750k on first trashpack in the shado-pan instance, doesn't really show high amount of skills. Just CD-use that melts things away before it's over.
    LFR at least lasts long enough to give you an idea about your sustained damage, and thus learns you something more usefull about your class

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are supposed to be easy, and will naturally get easier as the expansion progresses. If you already know the answer (as evidenced by your inb4), why ask the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Have you done some of them?
    Indeed, I tried a few out.
    Seemed to me like the same basic mechanics, with a very rare loop thrown in, only all the numbers are multiplied by x. Immersive and engaging changes there...

I much preferred Jin'do: sensible numbers with a focus on executing the mechanics correctly.

(and I've never been a fan of time trials anyways, it feels so artificial a difficulty to force people to rush)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right...there is no pleasing some people. It is either overtuned and dull or undertuned and dull.
    .... or it's properly tuned. A happy medium, if you will. I'm quite pleased with the raid's tuning this patch, and was happy with dungeons in 4.0/4.1.
    It's just asinine to make two versions of tuning at opposite extremes and then ask why I'm not happy with the "compromise".

The dullness mostly comes from the lack of interesting mechanics. Ozruk had some cool stuff to him. Kilnara required an actual plan of sorts. Jin'do the ****ing Pugbreaker was awesome. In Cata I used to do dungeons even once I was VP capped, just for fun. What a crazy thought that seems now.
    The first boss in Scholomance... I'm not really sure he has mechanics. There's an ice wall over yonder, but it's mostly irrelevant, and I haven't really noticed anything else from a tank point of view.

Uber easy. I can solo a lot of them on my DK (504ilvl).

We'll speed clear heroics with DK tank, Boomkin or Ele Shaman as Healer, any 3 other dps.

Can speed clear some heroics in under 5 mins.

Deleted
    All dungeons are designed for LFD now. In LFD you have no control over who joins your group, so to prevent people from crying when half of group can barely click, everything was dumbed down so worst of the worst could clear it.

At start of Cataclysm devs tried to make harder heroics, but they forgot about LFD. That didn't end up well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challange modes is the best option Blizzard introduced for a while. I got 4 other like-minded friends on TeamSpeak, doing our best to even reach bronze medals, yet it is still extremely fun, feels even much better than actual raiding. It is a lot of fun when someone breaks cc and wipes the group on a tight timer and everyone on the voice chat enrages at him