I'm disappointed End Game doesn't have dinosaurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been using the SKS lately but since i suck at sniping i use the 4x scope and just use it as if it were a single shot assault rifle and it works quite well

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    After playing 4 hours of End Game I have came to a conclusion that it's god awful. Worst maps in the game(Sabalan Pipeline is ok, Nebandan Flats is DREADFUL), CTF mode is incredibly bad, AS is mediocre. and the new vehicles are useless.

You'd think on the last content update for BF3 DICE would make it special. But nope, it looks like they made End Game in a week.
    i heard CTF is the best mode of the whole game but since ive got the non premium version i woudlnt know

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    ive been using the SKS lately but since i suck at sniping i use the 4x scope and just use it as if it were a single shot assault rifle and it works quite well
    try m417 if you have CQ dlc
    and/or kobra instead of 4x scope

417 deals more dmg and kobra allows you to see more while zoomed (as it narrows FoV less)

What's the best BF3 DLC anyways?

I loved Back to Karkand, but then some patch came out and screwed up my display (gun model kept disappearing), so I quit playing shortly there after.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

I loved Back to Karkand, but then some patch came out and screwed up my display (gun model kept disappearing), so I quit playing shortly there after.
    lol they still owe me that, but concidering I can't log in and update anything or connect to a server or play the game, i guess it doesn't matter. F@(% them anyway I'll never buy anything from them again. absolutely NO tech support or anything... 2hrs played since release date till now for $60.00? never again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

The best DLC by far is Aftermath. The level design is so well done!

As for end game, terrible, terrible, oh and did I mention TERRRIIBBLLLEEEEEEE!!!
    I'll copy and paste what I posted on the BF3 forums
    Quote Originally Posted by myself
    I've only played 3 games.
    First I did air superiority 64 player, and what a surprise, not enough jets for the entire team! There were like 20 jets on each team and 12 people raging in chat about how they cant spawn in a jet.

Then I tried CTF, and no one was team playing, and massive base raping. They were killing us as we spawn in with tanks and helicopters. Then I got into the new AA gun and was locked onto a helicopter, shot both missiles, and he flared (no surprise there) and then he didn't fly away so I kept the lock on, fired both missiles again once it reloaded, and knew this was a for sure kill. Both hit, not even a disable. Then he STILL didn't fly away and I tried again, both hit again, this time it disabled but he had a person on it repairing. So it was back up in no time. Rinse and repeat for, as a guess, around 16 rockets. STILL no kill and then I get killed by a grenade, while still in the vehicle, and the person who killed me steals it without it getting damaged.

Now onto conquest hardcore where I first started as a passenger on a bike and we both fell through the map, him suiciding, and me getting team killed by him. Good start. Then I get in the passenger seat of a MBT where I shoot at an enemy with the machine gun, get a kill, but in the process killing my squad member and getting me a suicide without the tank getting damaged.
    Something that I didn't mention in that post was the sun. The sun is the most OP thing ever, it blocks an entire side of the map from seeing what they are shooting. It's like that a little in almost all of the levels, but they have a lot of building to help block it, or the sun is high enough that you never really look up at it unless you are looking for helicopters and jets. But in this map is like right on the horizon and is like having a guy with a flashlight on his gun standing in front of you the entire game. I told the game developer that was in that game about it and to no surprise he didn't answer.

Another gripe is the fact that the borders of the map in rush mode are so close to the m-coms that you are physically unable to flank them and it just ends up in a stand off where no team moves anywhere.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I am loving Air Superiority. CTF is a nice mode, maps are pretty decent. Overall happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i suck at flying jets in this game. i have it set default, so mouse and keyboard. i steer with mouse and accelerate/slow down with w and s.
    how do you ppl that own in jets have keybinds set ? ppl own me in a dogfight even when i do (barely) a barell roll and i cant hit other even when they fly straight wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    try m417 if you have CQ dlc
    and/or kobra instead of 4x scope

417 deals more dmg and kobra allows you to see more while zoomed (as it narrows FoV less)
    no i dont own any of the DLC and im not going to get them as i refuse to buy anything from EA, (i got bf3 free so yeah..)

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i suck at flying jets in this game. i have it set default, so mouse and keyboard. i steer with mouse and accelerate/slow down with w and s.
    how do you ppl that own in jets have keybinds set ? ppl own me in a dogfight even when i do (barely) a barell roll and i cant hit other even when they fly straight wtf
    same i can fly the scout chopper ok but gunships and jets are near impossible, i think it helps to have a joystick or even a wired console controller honestly the best i can do with a jet is kamikazi it into a tank and even then i miss 50% of the time

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:34 PM ----------

tbh the lack of supports dropping ammo packs and assaults actually ressing people leaves me to believe there is no teamwork as everyone wants the kills for themselves rather than helping the rest of the team, ive even done some surveilance with the recons MAV but the lack of points you get for doing it just defeats the purpose and people dont even notice the orange dots everywhere after spamming Q to spot everyone. honestly i hope the next BF game just removes all support roles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    honestly the best i can do with a jet is kamikazi it into a tank and even then i miss 50% of the time
    I can barely be in the air without getting nuked from every corner of the map, I think my jet customization is bugged and has set the jet to blink in every color possible, while making annoying noises. It's the only explanation. But I could barely handle that co-op mission where you fly a helicopter, first thing I did was go straight into the first mountain, effectively failing the mission in seconds.

People with jet-skills amazes me, and I really do believe every single one of them are using a joystick, because the turns/flips these guys makes.. jesus.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I much prefer the way air vehicles handle in PlanetSide 2, in Battlefield 3 I just feel useless in them.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I think it pretty much requires a controller of some sort (be it joystick or pad) to be really, consistently effective with the flying vehicles. It's kind of like Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Me and my friend both got it on the same day and were trying to play it co-op, both using mouse and keyboard. It was pretty much impossible, taking repeated mouse swings and really awkward/sharp turns trying to get around the place. Switched to pads and suddenly it was the easiest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    After playing 4 hours of End Game I have came to a conclusion that it's god awful. Worst maps in the game(Sabalan Pipeline is ok, Nebandan Flats is DREADFUL), CTF mode is incredibly bad, AS is mediocre. and the new vehicles are useless.

You'd think on the last content update for BF3 DICE would make it special. But nope, it looks like they made End Game in a week.
    possible, cause you know what ? it is made for consoles.

just like CQ and AK (you might think how can the biggest map DLC be for consoles ? it is called tank superiority).

overall DLC quality :

- only B2K and Aftermath maps are good.
    - only CTF mode is good.
    - the rest is all low quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I think it pretty much requires a controller of some sort (be it joystick or pad) to be really, consistently effective with the flying vehicles. It's kind of like Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Me and my friend both got it on the same day and were trying to play it co-op, both using mouse and keyboard. It was pretty much impossible, taking repeated mouse swings and really awkward/sharp turns trying to get around the place. Switched to pads and suddenly it was the easiest thing ever.
    Sorry but you are dead wrong here. I dont fly jets, but mouse/kb is perfectly fine for chopper (if not better since its easier to aim with mouse). On jets its up to personal preference, all of my friends fly with kb/mouse also.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Sorry but you are dead wrong here. I dont fly jets, but mouse/kb is perfectly fine for chopper (if not better since its easier to aim with mouse). On jets its up to personal preference, all of my friends fly with kb/mouse also.
    Actually while I was training being in a jet, some very helpful veteran jet pilots were giving me advice, the said mouse and keyboard is what they all use. There are plenty of youtube vids that can teach you maneuvers to flank someone on your tail. For instance the optimum speed to turn is around 315 which will help you out turn someone behind ya if they don't know.

indeed. To untrained eye the sharpturns and other high class stuff seems to be possible only with specialized hardware (ie pad/joystick), but in reality its down to individual skills (tricks, experience etc.). I flew choppers with gamepad at first, but once realizing I couldnt hit shit with analog aiming I made the switch back to mouse/keyboard.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3.../232921885/pc/

tip for jets
    bind pitch up to e.g. space bar

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    the rest is all low quality content.
    imo ziba tower is the best map in bf3

Deleted
    me and my friend use to play this on xbox, but because of the stupid patch sizes he could no longer play it on there, so hes now thinking of getting it for pc, but not sure if his pc can run it. can i give him my origin login info and have him install my copy of BF3 on his pc to see if it works? or will it not allow it to be installed on more than one?

the best jet/chopper pilot you will ever see is "PUNCHRULLE", he uses keyboard/mouse.

his youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/korv57/videos

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    me and my friend use to play this on xbox, but because of the stupid patch sizes he could no longer play it on there, so hes now thinking of getting it for pc, but not sure if his pc can run it. can i give him my origin login info and have him install my copy of BF3 on his pc to see if it works? or will it not allow it to be installed on more than one?
    that works fine. but again it will be massive download unless you give him the game files on a stick.

or he could run http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

not precise but gives a general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Probably not a good idea to be logged in with the same account in two different places, other than that, it should be fine.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance