Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Everyone and there grandma saw this 25% buff getting reverted, shadow priests keeping a buff? no way.

Surprised they didn't revert the 5% Shadowform buff to.

There seems to be a consensus they buffed the wrong ability. I don't understand how they made that mistake. Feral had the same thing happen to Rip except it got reverted the night before the patch. It was pretty obvious to me that was the wrong buff all along. SP needs help with single target and they get a multi-target buff, Feral needs help with adds and they get a single target buff. Both get reverted. I don't get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    There seems to be a consensus they buffed the wrong ability. I don't understand how they made that mistake. Feral had the same thing happen to Rip except it got reverted the night before the patch. It was pretty obvious to me that was the wrong buff all along. SP needs help with single target and they get a multi-target buff, Feral needs help with adds and they get a single target buff. Both get reverted. I don't get it.
    What I would do from where we are at now, is:

- Shadowform now increases all shadow damage while active by 30% (up from 25%)
    - Twist of Fate now increases all damage by 10% while active (down from 15%)

Would work out to a ~5% buff to single target fights, ~5% buff to council fights (multi-dot without ToF, so DI for example, or burn phase fights with PI), and about a ~0% buff to ToF-uptime fights like Elegon and Horridon (which we currently excel at, all because of one talent, which holds the rest of our spec back on every other fight).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-03-13 at 03:21 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Is this fucking serieus?? -_-'' last raid tier i already got depressed from shadow dmg.... this tier i actualy gona shoot a bullet trough my head i geuss...

If it wasnt for me always being online before raids, active in guild, not to lazy to do other jobs, and being the dps that goes healing for fights where its needed... i wouldnt have anny spot in raid

I want to do some dps to... not being the mascotte that is only good for bringing 5% haste, dispelling, and doing side jobs *also ones that shouldnt be done by spriest*
    Please delete priest totally from the game already.. so i woulnt keep on trying cause i like my priest so much and just quit the fcking game -_-''
    Last edited by mmocc8a4e91472; 2013-03-13 at 04:47 AM.

ToF - increase vt swp and ms damage for % -- for multitarget/aoe

Di - Increase mf mb swd damage for % -- for singletarget

And make sf scale with +damage buffs
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2013-03-13 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Yes.

1 (base shadow word: pain damage) * 1.25 (25% sw: Pain buff) * 1.0417 (Shadowform buff, 1.25/1.20) = 1.3021

So, 5.2 buffed Shadow Word: Pain by 30.21% from the damage it did in 5.0/5.1.

This hotfix did this:

1.3021 * 0.75 (-25% shadow word: pain nerf) = 0.9766

So after this nerf, despite the 5% Shadowform buff, Shadow Word: Pain now does 97.66% of the damage it did in 5.0/5.1. To phrase it another way, it lost -25% compared to Live, and lost -2.34% compared to 5.0/5.1.

It's a massive nerf compared to live, a small nerf compared to 5.0/5.1 - but the reason people are annoyed by this is that we were meant to be getting buffed this patch, not small-nerfed.

As sad as it is, I can't even bring myself to look at it, because a couple lines up - they buffed all mage bombs by +40% O.O

Mages are still the top DPS specs in PvE, Frost is bizarrely the top single target spec in the game right now in PvE. A 40% buff to their biggest burst ability means I probably can't even zone into bgs/arenas/rbgs this season, which is depressing - I was actually thinking things might get better on the PvP front.

For those curious on current PvE Patchwerk standings (pre-mage buffs and spriest nerfs):

http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T14H.html

After the Shadow Word: Pain nerf, my napkin math says we're easily last place again (@ 117,058 DPS).
    Understood, but doesn't the Shadowform buff apply to every other spell we cast? Therefore we cannot be any worse off than we were in 5.1, even if, in isolation, SWP is slightly worse off than it was in 5.1, which I suspect it isn't (rather just a revert of the previous buff).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deschim View Post
    Is this fucking serieus?? -_-'' last raid tier i already got depressed from shadow dmg.... this tier i actualy gona shoot a bullet trough my head i geuss...

If it wasnt for me always being online before raids, active in guild, not to lazy to do other jobs, and being the dps that goes healing for fights where its needed... i wouldnt have anny spot in raid

I want to do some dps to... not being the mascotte that is only good for bringing 5% haste, dispelling, and doing side jobs *also ones that shouldnt be done by spriest*
    Please delete priest totally from the game already.. so i woulnt keep on trying cause i like my priest so much and just quit the fcking game -_-''
    All that you said, pretty much - even more frustrating because I don't heal. So yeah, I'm good for nothing now. Thanks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Understood, but doesn't the Shadowform buff apply to every other spell we cast? Therefore we cannot be any worse off than we were in 5.1, even if, in isolation, SWP is slightly worse off than it was in 5.1, which I suspect it isn't (rather just a revert of the previous buff).
    Look at the patch note, EVERY other classes got a lot of buff, some tuning, and so on.
    For us they replaced one never used talent by an interesting one, then buffed shadow form by 5% and oh wait that's it. We got only ONE damn buff this whole patch, and will fal behind relatively to other classes.

Our only hope, maxbe the LGM will save us in one month, because we're last dps in single target like always, but not underpowered enough to warrant an hotfix bug (we don't whine enough like mages do)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    All that you said, pretty much - even more frustrating because I don't heal. So yeah, I'm good for nothing now. Thanks.
    Worst thing.. on Windlord.. i had to Dispel move out of shit stil do some dps cause the expect you 2 and cc so the mage could go full dps : /
    i dont mind doing stuff.. but it just get.. overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Saijou View Post
    but we’d rather make a few buffs a few times in a row rather than over buff then have to nerf it back down.
    OH so you mean you dont want to do exactly what you just did. Good call bliz. a 40% increase to mage dot spells , LOL ya thats not overbuffing or anything. Gdamn how stupid can you be. Even on a single target fight , first heroic boss Jin'rokh the Breaker , we saw our mages go from the mid to bottom of the top 10 dps in our raid to beating the breaks of everyone by more than 20-30k. Amazingly hilarious how Blizzard just throws out arbitrary increases and decreases to classes without even a semblance of balance. Blizzards "Pet" classes get to be the best forever. Cant wait till we see what rogues do with 2pc.
    Last edited by jonish; 2013-03-13 at 09:16 AM.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Good to know!

That means the -2.34% nerf compared to 5.0/5.1 isn't accurate, it's the same as 5.2 before the 25% hot-buff (0% change).

It doesn't seem to have a big impact on my estimate of our new single target DPS though, which is now:

117,351 DPS, still the lowest. 2k below Rets, 15k below Frost (top-end, pre-buff) - after the mage-bomb buff the spread will be even worse than 15k :/
    This is depressing. I mean personally it doesn't effect me at all, as long as I'm pulling the minimal numbers then it's fine for my guild, I mean we're not even pushing ToT yet so it's not like I'm really at the top end of end game anyway. Still, all that aside it would have be nice for Blizzard to have given 5.2 a bit more time before nerfing us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Deleted
    Always 120-130k dps single target since patch came. It's 10k more than i was capable doing in 5.1.

On our 10 man raid dps looks like
    1. SP=Warlock=hunter
    2. balance = death knigh = retribution
    3. mage

Hotfix seems fine for me.
    Just learn to use insanity with divine insight on single target.

Yeah first think i thought about was this guy from south park. finally got a buff ....and its gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Always 120-130k dps single target since patch came. It's 10k more than i was capable doing in 5.1.

On our 10 man raid dps looks like
    1. SP=Warlock=hunter
    2. balance = death knigh = retribution
    3. mage

Hotfix seems fine for me.
    Just learn to use insanity with divine insight on single target.
    I have the same experience, people who are whining about this "nerf" are just the people who don't know how to play the class to it's full potential. Same is going on in the monk forums, loads of people whining about monk singletarget in 5.2, then you see a few people from actual topguilds which know how to play their class, saying it's fine.
    Obviously right after all the "omgweneedthebuffs" crowd is saying those people are liars etc, instead of looking into what they can improve theirselves with and what they can learn from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    I dont have words for idiots from blizzard...

Priest SINGLE TARGET dps was too low.
    Buff DOT.
    Priest MULTI TARGET dps is to high.
    Nerf dot back.
    Single target? Derp.
    I'm as much as you angry at the morons who decided on these nerfs. But I'm talking as a demo warlock, which was in the same situation.

Deleted
    Been playing WoW for a few months now having taken a break from it through Cata, and i notice a certain trend now i've returned. Sim this, Sim that. Why do people live and die by sims? This is a nerf, yes... but Shadow Priests have been performing extremely well in this patch. Sensationalist title to the thread, then mentions of being bottom of this sim etc..

I wish the WoW community would actually drop this a tad. This doesn't just go for priests also. Warlock got nerfed too. Suddenly they're 'simming bottom dps'. Just a load of old tosh. In addition. Hardly any fights are single target anymore. Some fight's a class lags on, some they don't. Just be happy you are able to raid with your spec- as everyone is. This is mostly my point. I could have made this general but it's just... stop. Stop living by sims, stop making out the sky is falling. It isn't. Also everyone needs to show some respect to GC, for no other reason that he's a human being. The game is in the best shape of it's life in relation to PVE specs. Have that in mind. Unless you are in an Ultra Heroic guild where maybe the worst specs are purged.. you have nothing to complain about. Most if not all specs can be useful in a raid setting. Especially Shadow right now.

"Warlock: Corruption damage -25%.
    Warlock: Doom damage -25%.
    Priest: Shadow Word: Pain damage -25%.
    We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios, but Affliction, Demonology and Shadow were doing too well on multi-dot fights and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights. Balance druids, so far, are where we want them to be."

I swear sometimes I'm just baffled at some of the decisions that are made. I'm never one to complain about getting a buff but I didn't understand the 25% buff to Shadow Word Pain, our dots were NEVER the issue. Shadow was always competitive on multi-dot fights. Where shadow was and remains to be terrible is burst and single target. The 25% SWP buff helped single target a bit but not much, it boosted multi-dot fights a lot more (which according to Blizz is why it was removed). To me it felt like they just didn't know what else to do so in typical Blizz fashion at the last second they picked a seemingly random ability and buffed the crap out it, then also in typical Blizz fashion take it away less than a week later. They were closer to hitting the mark with the 20% MB buff they took away a few weeks ago because it was too strong in PVP (which is a separate but just as ridiculous matter). I think all of these issues could be resolved if they would add another 3-5% to shadowform but I seriously doubt to see that. Something needs to be done though, when certain tank classes can almost keep up with a dps class on a single target fight, something is seriously wrong...

Shadow single target DPS seems fine right now. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9365&e=9710

Heroic kill from last night, only really got beaten by tanks and rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Shadow single target DPS seems fine right now.
    Up to now I havent found anywhere explained post 5.2 how to deal with orbs generators during SW:I.
    Or what is proper opener when I have 3 orbs DP ready to go as well when I have zero orbs?
    Can you guys share your tactics on singnle target fights?