Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I wish they just admit Ghostcrawler was wrong and just junk CRZ....the only players that get any benefit from CRZ is the ganking 12 yr old in brain matter kiddies on pvp realms....and yes I play on a PVE ...so freaking what.....I knew what PVP realms were like when I joined this game back in the TBC time frame...I just wasn't going to let any 12 yr old in brain matter so called adult get the best of me so they can get the jollies off it....give me 1 on 1 PVP I am fine with it but not a level 90 blasting a level 20 just for chits and grins cause they can...that is not freaking world pvp or pvp at all in my book....the mentally of many PVP'ers anymore is like a little child whom can't get their way anymore....I would love to have a OPT out of CRZ for good....

yes there should and it should be a personal one

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    PvP servers already have that ability. Tired of being ganked on a low alt? Log to your max level main or log to another alt until the gankers tire of waiting and move on.
    Anything that requires you to essentially log off from the game and do something else instead is a bad aspect of the game that needs to be looked at.

"Log on your main" is not a satisfactory solution to this issue. You end up doing something you didn't want in the hope that by the time your main gets to wherever it is, he'll still be needed. Log onto another alt is equally bad....you still end up doing something you didn't want to do.

And this assumes you have a main or second alt ready and raring to go.

PvP is badly designed in this game and is in serious need of a major revamp. Minor tweaks here and there will do nothing. But even so, its not a reason to get rid of CRZ or make it optional.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-03-14 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    CRZ got to go . Is the bigest mistake Blizzard ever did .

The reason they create it was so they reduce the number of servers runing the areas of the games. Basically the reason was GREED.

Log to your max level main or log to another alt until the gankers tire of waiting and move on.

I log my main . While I'm on my main , I can't play my alt.
    I will go to find the ganker.
    He is flying over . I cannot do anything to him .
    As long as I'm on my main he won't come down . And I won't be able to play my alt.

I became tired to wait and log my alt . The ganker land and start again killing me . I still not able to play my alt.

I log again the main . He's flying again too far to reach it. And I can't play my alt .

So basically I have to chose between not playing my alt and not playing my alt.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-03-13 at 01:30 PM.

Honestly I liked the way the game and world worked before CRZ I miss having the seamless zone lines the same latency in every zone I went to, I think CRZ needs to just diaf and keep the CRZ grouping part and make it like it is in the new panda zones. (the phasing changes they've made for "performance *at least that's the excuse I think we've been told on the official forums" since MOP seems buggy also, seeing people and things vanish and reappear is starting to get really annoying not sure if that has something to do with the CRZ system but it needs to go too and put the game engine back the way it was pre MOP)

And World PvP should be taken to the desert, get shot in the head, get buried, and be forgotten forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    I wish Blizzard would just bite the bullet and start merging realms.

I understand chars' naming issues would be a month and a half of drama/QQ/rage, but it can be dealt with, vanity pets can be offered as bait/compensation. Stuff that wouldn't cost Blizzard a penny.

Blizz went the CRZ route and now have had to pull an incentive away from that because of the world boss 'omg 200 people are here holy shit the server will explode'.
    Or..yknow...dont make a boss that requires 200 people to kill in first place..then act shocked and dismayed when CRZ is used to kill it...

If you didn't like being ganked by high level players, you shouldn't have rolled on a PvP realm.

Also, under-population isn't the answer to dealing with assholes. This was happening way before CRZ. CRZ just gives the assholes more targets to choose from.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them downlevelling you a bit in lowbie areas. That would make quests more fun when you're going back to finish zones off.

Or how about attaching bounty to players, when they gank a lowbie, they get a stacking debuff that prevents then from flying and awards bonus honor (or even conquest) points and gold to anyone who turns up and kills them. Being killed once removes one stack of the debuff, so there's incentive to graveyard camp the more persistent offenders.

Deleted
    Yes there should.
    There should also be a server for only you
    and you can kill elites all by yourself
    and the loot is a lot better and drops a lot more
    and there will be snowmen
    and elves
    and a lot of women that I can call mom

Boy, I hope Santa reads my wishlist this year.

i leveld maybe 5 char to max lvl after crz. and i have yet to see what is happend to you. sure i get one shotted maybe once a day. just ignore it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 03:04 PM ----------

I understand chars' naming issues would be a month and a half of drama/QQ/rage, but it can be dealt with, vanity pets can be offered as bait/compensation. Stuff that wouldn't cost Blizzard a penny.

Blizz went the CRZ route and now have had to pull an incentive away from that because of the world boss 'omg 200 people are here holy shit the server will explode'.
    it has noting to do with merging servers or dead realms.

i'm on stormscale and it is a FULL server. and its FULL of horde. yet i barly see people from stormscale when i'm lvling. so no merging server won't fix the the world feels dead on lower lvl.

Blizzard don't want to merge realms, but maintaining servers only for few players is not profitable too. Now they just strongly decreased amount of hardware, required to run old location's servers, without actually merging them. It's just about money. Deal with it.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If you didn't like being ganked by high level players, you shouldn't have rolled on a PvP realm..
    I don't mind being killed.
    I just don't like that I cannot gank the ganker.

Having him using his flying mount was bad enough , now he have the posibility to jump from server to server and completely avoid any possible retaliation.

CRZ got to go .

I am not convinced about that. Some people are VERY attached to their characters names to the point that they would simply not play them if they had to change the names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I am not convinced about that. Some people are VERY attached to their characters names to the point that they would simply not play them if they had to change the names.
    Then blizzard shouldn't have made so many freaking realms...years back they were popping up realm after realm ....you can't tell me they didn't think sooner or later some realms would become almost nil in players after so many years.....then they introduced realm transfers and faction changes another freaking bad idea cause all it done was unbalance many realms with nil players or too many of one or the other faction filling up the realm....blizzard higher ups just can't be that dumb now if so ...they need to get out of the business then....all CRZ has done is save face to higher up's and stock holders to show this game will be profitable and make money...its done nothing to help out low population realms at all that are dying....forcing players to spend ungodly amounts of real money to transfer....

I don't know, I remember in vanilla getting ganked by 5 rogues sitting at the flightmaster killing everyone as they landed. Repeatedly. I remember logging out for hours because it was so bad. I also remember blackrock mountain was an impenetrable fortress of PvP at times. I remember the adrenaline rush of trying to get to the MC entrance which sometimes just ended in hours of PvP griefing.

CRZ is bad, but I'm not so sure the PvP ganking is any worse than in vanilla. The playerbase has declined though and you are more likely to get camped by 15 year olds between their Call of Duty breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All CRZ does is put you in contact with other players.
    Please tell me more... because that is something CRZ does not do. Definitely not!
    Yes, I'll see more players. Yes, I'll sometimes have to wait for a quest mob. Yes, maybe I'll get less ressources.
    But I won't get in contact with the other players. Why not? Questing to max level is soo easy you don't need to group up with another player (most times, that won't speed up but slow you down since quest items are often no shared loot in the old world).

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    So basically I have to chose between not playing my alt and not playing my alt.
    I think the point of the suggestion you quoted is that you not play your alt, so it should come as no surprise that you're not playing your alt.

I'm just curious as to where we would put the people who opt out of CRZ.

No this topic needs to stop, CRZ is here to stay and it is a very good thing. The 5-15% that don't like it can stay on pandaria.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the WORLD or WARcraft. You are going to meet all kinds of people in the game, from griefers to rpers. All CRZ does is bring more players together so that those on low population realms still get that MMO feel and meet as many players as one would on higher population realms. Does that mean you are going to meet more griefers? Of course. If you are introduced to more players, you are naturally going to meet more people who's goal is to grief.

CRZ gives you the feeling of a much larger WORLD, especially in the less-traveled areas. But what CRZ does not do, in general, is to make griefers do anything more than they would on an otherwise highly populated realm. CRZ is not the issue you face, it is the intention of other players.

Blizzard is not going to add a checkbox in their game preferences to make the game single-player whenever meeting other people in an MMO is inconvenient for you, as much as you would like them to.

This is a multiplayer game. You are going to meet other people. Some are going to do things that you disagree with. That to me makes the game that much more alive.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-03-13 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess so, more choice is nearly always better. But it's a feature Blizzard are really proud of, I guess they want everyone to use it.