Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    no more dungeons. great. next xpac we wont have any, at this rate. look at how many dungeons BC had.

but you know what we WILL get?

dailies.

lots, and lots of dailies.

-_-

If people think not having new dungeons is acceptable after the first batch initially with an expansion, I agree with them.

If people think having 9 dungeons through an entire expansion is acceptable, I completely disagree with them.

LFR is the new 5-player dungeon. I can Valor cap by doing all the LFR wings + dailies every day + a few boss kills in Normal raids without having to do a single Heroic dungeon.

If you don't raid Normal/Heroic modes, you can still do all the LFR wings + dailies every day (just the Isle of Thunder dailies) and then do like 2 Heroics and you're capped. Only having to do 2 Heroic dungeons a week means that we really don't need any more of them because we'll barely do them.

So really, LFR has unofficially replaced dungeons.

Also, post #666!
    Last edited by Maester; 2013-03-14 at 05:23 AM.

Deleted
    We all have to do dungeons ones in a while / vp cap / achievemens / gearing progress / helping friends / wasting time - etc etc etc. This is an aspect of PvE.
    There is lore / storys to be told and to be introduced to people. PvE shoudnt be only about raiding and spending time doing stuff like a brainless zombie in LFR just because we can. ( When a tank dies in LFR / or a healer / or a dps - you just keep going, the hell dude if done some boss's with only a hand full of people in a 25 man LFR. try to do that in a dungeon. dungeons are actauly more challenging when it scales to gear then these silly raids )

doing these same dungeons for many hears, just does not cut it. scenarios suck btw, doesnt give me the same feeling as a dungeon.

give new dungeons pls!

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 06:19 AM ----------

LFR ones a week / rest of the week, World of dailycraft. Boooooooooooooooooring

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    but it already does. Since 5.2 gear in LFR is dropping like rain, on top of that you can run it and have a shot on drop as many time as you want via bonus roll.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not super against it (I think you mean no lockout in LFR), but I just think it's not necessary because it would burn people much faster.
    no it's not dropping like rain, it's all down to your personal luck if you get a drop and if that drop is what you need, because don't forget that the lfr loot system can give you the same piece that you don't need at all over and over. I think that the current system will burn peoples more than dungeon, think about it, toes and how many peoples farm the 2 last boss for weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Not sure how i feel about it. Would it be fun if they added more 5-man, probaly, but could also be badly made. Is there a need for them? to some degree it goes both ways. I feel like there is a long way to go from full HC-dungeon gear, to the newer raids so i think they should add more, but thye wont

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is breaking the wow paradigm in all the wrong ways. Not really happy about anything I'm hearing from blizzard lately concerning their future plans for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They'll continue to make useless one-time scenarios, tho. Atleast the VP reward could be the same as doing dungeons.
    why? scenario is alrdy has more vp per hour then dungeons. for dps. so tell me why does it need more vp?

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Blizzard is breaking the wow paradigm in all the wrong ways. Not really happy about anything I'm hearing from blizzard lately concerning their future plans for wow.
    then unsub and tell them why your leaving. and just leave?

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Not sure how i feel about it. Would it be fun if they added more 5-man, probaly, but could also be badly made. Is there a need for them? to some degree it goes both ways. I feel like there is a long way to go from full HC-dungeon gear, to the newer raids so i think they should add more, but thye wont
    and thats what they wanted. they want away from the ding 90. next weeks i'm rdy to raid model.

Scenarios are quite good for questing and storytelling in dynamic way in questing.
    But they are really bad in group play. This GW2-like zergfest shit is boring, and having to not play the role I want is also boring.
    I think that new dungeons will be released somewhere around 5.4, its just a mere speculations so Blizz can understand and see what's on people's minds nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Scenarios are quite good for questing and storytelling in dynamic way in questing.
    But they are really bad in group play. This GW2-like zergfest shit is boring, and having to not play the role I want is also boring.
    I think that new dungeons will be released somewhere around 5.4, its just a mere speculations so Blizz can understand and see what's on people's minds nowadays.
    say what? i got no problem joining in as a healer or tank.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    why? scenario is alrdy has more vp per hour then dungeons. for dps. so tell me why does it need more vp?

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:03 AM ----------

then unsub and tell them why your leaving. and just leave?

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:08 AM ----------

and thats what they wanted. they want away from the ding 90. next weeks i'm rdy to raid model.
    Maybe you missed the premise of this forum, but it's a WoW discussion forum. He's using it for what it's intended for. Don't like reading that kinda stuff? Block mmo-champion.com from your browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    On one hand I understand their decision. 5 mans were meant (and most people treated them) for groups of players to just get together and do something minor for story and a little gear. Scenarios are pretty much the same except that there's less role requirements, meaning it's faster for a majority of their player-base to find a group for their small group content.

As someone who loves the healing role in MMOs, I'm a bit disappointed. GW is a series where you can group up with anyone and do any role well enough to make it through a lot of the group content and people love it. I'm not one of those people. I like that members in the trinity system depend on one another for things they themselves cannot do. It creates stronger connections then when everyone's playing like a single player game, together.
    Yes, and this is another thing that disturbs me. I have been a healer since always, and Blizzard has made this expansion almost exclusively for DPSers.

I get it, they are the mayority, but come on, its stupid that you cant do the Brawlers guild for example if you are not in a DPS spec, or scenarios, or that the dailies are so much slower for healers than for DPSers, or farming or anything. Hell, even if i go to the farm for grow freaking crops its better if i go as dpsers since there is a high chance that several enemies spawn there...

And now they tell me that one of the few aspects of the game where my spec was usefull wont be developed...

I've seen on some sites that he is quoted as saying no more 5-man dungeons at all, ever again in WOW. Is this just a translation error? Because if it is true, I'm sure that we will hear the so-called "hardcore" anti casual crowd start to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    You have to look at it from Blizz's perspective:

They can either make unique 5 mans that take extra development time to create fights, art, gear, lore, etc that are more accessible. Not to mention you could run them more often, and with friends exclusively, gearing you up faster and potentially unsub quicker.

Or they could copy/paste a raid instance where mechanics are nerfed into the ground, you know nobody (or close to it) in the raid, you have less chances at gear, and have a lower droprate chance as well. This slows the gearing process and potentially increases the likelyhood for players to stay subbed.

If Blizz wants to forget it's 8 year 5-man dungeon model in MoP for a chance to cut down on development and potentially make more money, why not?

IMO: The new 90 gearing progression is such a poor decision I can't even...
    Or they can stop trying to milk the most amount of money with the least amount of effort and do both. A lot of smaller companies develop content faster than Blizzard.... just because they are not as greedy as Blizzard is.

The sad part is when players defend Blizzard while Blizzard does less from them so they can earn more.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Well- this is how things are gonna be. Obviously BLizzard is not realising the importance of good 5 mans to keep the co-op in this game.

Secondly - Do not forget that they added challenge modes that means they need to put much more effort into those dungeons cause 1% might do those challenges.

I for one is not coming back to MOP cause there are so many bad decisions being made. Can't even see me buying another expansion considering some of the changes. The game is slipping away with every new thing Blizzard adds.

If only we had good dungeons in GW2... Cause there is obvious a market now for a good strong 4-6 man dungeon game atm. Maybe SWTOR ?
    Well, Neverwinter comes from the RPG world, so they maybe understand the importance of dungeons.

Blizzard keeps doing the same mistakes over and over. TBC and Wrath were succesful because they had content for everyone, you like dungeons and group content? You have it in both, you want solo content? You had it in both.

Cata ignored one of those in favor of the other and failed miserabkly. MoP is doing the exact same thing, its ignoring one group to favor the other group, and will fail as Cata did.

Blizzard needs to wake up and stop slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    Yeah, it is quite dissapointing. As well as annoying, since they are essentially stepping in the same trap they seem to traditionally step in during almost the entirety of the game's existence: fosucing on one aspect of the game in PVE while ignoring or short-changing the rest.

In the past it has been in periods of time: mostly about questing and some dungeon-running, or dungeon-running and some questing, or LFR-running and some dungeon-running, or daily-questing and LFR-running, etc.

It has never been a case where you could choose between the various aspects of end-game PVE, while they were all well represented... Which leaves a great question mark as to why. Especially since it seems to dissapoint a lot of people most of the time.

Yes, you can practically gather valour points to the cap each week through LFR and some scenarios or dailies. But that's not the point. Practicality is just the behind-the-scenes aspect of the game, the mechanical part, that should be taken care of without the players even noticing. In a great game, you would cap valour points each week doing things for fun, and you wouldn't even care about the cap, because you would know that you would reach it anyway; instead you would care about having fun, just that.

Now the game is far from such a point, quite the contrary actually: people seem to complain all the time about what they "have" to do instead of playing and having a good time; but, it doesn't hurt to try and alleviate those pains" somewhat. And one of those ways is to offer some variety. There are people that like to run group-dungeons for whatever they are after, more than any other activity. They should have some content to play with just as everyone else. Content that will get refreshed from time to time. Those dungeons don't have to offer a complete loot table, or even half of one. Just a few more dungeons for some variety.

What is more, they could introduce some "proper" group-dungeons, like Blackrock Depths: huge dungeons, with content of varying difficulty, that will require some quite well-coordinated groups, and quite some time to finish, if you can finish them; rewarding the effort to go through them with some exceptionally good items and crafting recipes, as well as mats, gold, valour points. This can help players seek to group-up with others, work together in small groups, get better at playing, become more patient, and not get forced to participate in raiding if they don't want to. Group-dungeons are not just meant to be some 10-minute long rofl-stomp-fests. They can become quite an interesting aspect of the game. It just takes some creativity and to break free of whatever it is that the developer have in mind that keeps them focused on only one thing most of the time, while neglecting other aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Like what company?
    And no, they don't "develop contest faster because they aren't greedy".
    Like many companies that since they are not in the top, they need to produce more tog et money and cant cash in their past success, for example Trion.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite clever, a way to gain players. Now the current won't leave for such lesser thing, well maybe a few of them, but when they release new dungeons those will really be as new as never before, making a lot of players return.

Tbh, as long as they work out the lore not to end up as bad as it did in Cata, i'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    If only we had good dungeons in GW2... Cause there is obvious a market now for a good strong 4-6 man dungeon game atm. Maybe SWTOR ?
    I can speak to SWTOR. It's a capable MMO that has come a long way since launch. The 4-man dungeons are fun, but average. If you switch for small-group content, however, please be aware that they are in sort of a pre-expansion lull right now. The wait in group finder for healers and DPS can be quite long, since many players are waiting on the expansion. The F2P restrictions, can be a little restrictive too, more so than most games. Otherwise, the populations are good on the remaining servers, and the people are generally friendly. They are also offering double XP for the next few weekends, so it would be easy to catch up.

I think focusing on the raids and new zones is better anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    If they focused on more 5 man content, it would detract from the dailies and raid content. Plus, the more dungeons you have, the more dungeon heroes you'll get clamoring for rep tabards again.