181 16.90%
  • Yes

727 67.88%
  • No

163 15.22%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    mine is just terrible, all the guilds left, down to one semi raiding guild (10man)basicly... can't even get 40 people if oondasta spawned... and with new oondasta change, it'll just be awesome...
    Same at Haomarush EU, the realm is just utterly dead, now since they removed the option to do crossrealm raids to Oondasta and other world bosses they will be immortal at my realm

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yes, But not all of them. There are people that actually enjoy playing on dead realms.
    But with CRZ there are no "Dead Realms" any longer. I also believed they should've done mergers before working on CRZ. And even with mergers you will still have those realms that seem pretty dead. Those "Dead Realms" right now are too dead.. they AH sucks for them and now they compete for resources thanks to CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yes, But not all of them. There are people that actually enjoy playing on dead realms.
    True, some could enjoy being on a realm that is utterly dead with no PvE, or PvP action, somehow I just wonder why do some ppl enjoy an MMO like that?
    Same as you would be playing a single player game or something.

Btw, fellow WoW-players from the US, I hope you have posted a link to this poll at your forums aswell.
    Last edited by Dezminion; 2013-03-14 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    No. They should leave low pop realms alone and opt them out of CRZ (at least the PvE ones), that way if you want to be in a place where you can quest and farm in peace, you have the option. More options for different playstyles are always a good thing.
    Did you know this is an MMORPG and what that word means? If you want to quest and farm in peace there are plenty of sinlgeplayer RPGs where you can do that till your heart desires, and nobody will ever bother you, you dont have to pay monthly sub sou you'll save some money too. WoW is a multiplayer game but it stopped being that on dead realms and became singleplayer game, so we only want blizzard to fix it so we can play it the way it should be played, as a multiplayer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently paid $55 to move my nelf from a dead pvp realm to a mid/high pop PvE realm and turn him into a Tauren. Personally, I don't mind spending the money cause I like the druid and he is more useful to me on my main realm. Some folks just can't afford the move, or are too proud to pay for it. There are even those who think they are entitled to it.

Personally, I think realms will most likely start merging (on the backend and very hush hush) by the launch for the next expac. Folks won't even realize they have been clumped together with 4 or 5 other realms until they all see each other in SW or Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    They created CRZ as a solution to this issue and what has been the result? Constant whining and complaining about having to share the world with others. There are really two lessons we can draw from this; 1) People whine about anything and everything. 2) The people that play on lowpop servers largely do so because they enjoy small population realms where camping rare spawns or having low raid competition is the norm.

There is nothing wrong with that, I just wish people could admit it rather than finger pointing at how Blizzard has ruined the game *yet again* by giving them an easy way to play with others.
    I don't think most people complain just for the sake of complaining. I'm fine with sharing resources/rares with people on my realm. That's not what's happening though, we're sharing resources with people from other servers. It's destroying our already terrible economy. It's nearly impossible to find something you need on the AH, and if you can it's ridiculously overpriced. Even on more populated realms there didn't seem to be as many people out in the world as there is now, that may be great and all but it's almost unrealistic. Being on a low pop server as well it's extremely annoying, I actually enjoyed my low pop server somewhat for the few benefits that we had but now those benefits are nearly nonexistent.

Server merges would be great, as long as there were options to not be forced into CRZ. I think they could also do server transitions. My old server, Dentarg, used to be a PvP server. It was so dead and imbalanced (1:20 horde to alliance ratio) that they offered free transfers for everyone to 2 different realms and made Dentarg into a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I recently paid $55 to move my nelf from a dead pvp realm to a mid/high pop PvE realm and turn him into a Tauren. Personally, I don't mind spending the money cause I like the druid and he is more useful to me on my main realm. Some folks just can't afford the move, or are too proud to pay for it. There are even those who think they are entitled to it.

Personally, I think realms will most likely start merging (on the backend and very hush hush) by the launch for the next expac. Folks won't even realize they have been clumped together with 4 or 5 other realms until they all see each other in SW or Org.
    As I have said somewhere up there, I play at Haomarush EU, the realm is dead, 'bout a week ago I was in group with a friend who plays at Stormscale, we were doing bg's together.
    I was able to gather the amount of honor I needed to an alt of mine, so I flew to PvP-vendors at the Wall of Pandaland, shit, I nearly peed my pants, there actually were OTHER ppl there, A LOT of them. When I go there here at Haomarush, there might be one or two at the vendors, but there was like 30+...

Indeed, WoW is ment to be MMO, it revolves around interaction between other ppl, when you have a dead realm, you will miss a lot of the game.

They need to do something and fast before this low pop creep becomes any more massive.

Raiders have been bailing off low pop realms for years, but now people are leaving the mid pop realms to. Everyone is going straight to the top 5-10 realms so they don't get stuck paying again in 3 months when the new realm dies off.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

It's funny how people say their realm used to never be dead and now getting a decent 10m guild isn't even an option. Guess what? Those people paid to move. Do the same or quit complaining.

People are just afraid that server merges is a sign of the game is dying. I remember Skullcrusher used to be such a vibrant server and dealing with massive queues. Around Cata, the population has dropped tremendously and alliance is pretty much dead.

It was actually one of my main reasons for quitting the game. My entire guild transferred off and, I didn't want to front a $50-$200 bill. I was intrigued by the whole cross realm zone idea which prompted me to renew for a month but, the only good out of it was world PvP. As long as people are paying $25-$55 per toon to leave, I don't expect Blizzard to ruin one of their money trees.

Also good luck running a 25 man guild on a low-medium pop realm. It's either high server pop or bust

It could be planned long before the merge or transfer and announced in good time too - say several months. I think that would be a good solution. I play on Skullcrusher and things are quiet. I would definitely not mind some activity. Remember the times when cities were buzzing with life? All sorts of games and discussions and social stuff? Me neither.

I could be wrong, but I don't think of anything negative in realm merging. I'd appreciate it for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    It's funny how people say their realm used to never be dead and now getting a decent 10m guild isn't even an option. Guess what? Those people paid to move. Do the same or quit complaining.
    Yeah, it is all PvP realms in the US that are "dying" and becoming low pop. CRZ hit, World PvP exploded, and sent the PvP carebears running for the hills We dropped from 6K players to around 600 in just 4 months. Most of them moved to low pop PvE realms and a few just left all together. There were even fewer who actually transferred to another PvP realm. Amazing what happens when PvP goes from Safe to REAL. lol

Deleted
    Yes, but its not going to happen unless loss from people leaving because of low pop outweighs PCTs milking profits.

NO. Do not even suggest bringing overpopulated realm problems to my game. CRZ is a big enough problem.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    those saying no are either playing on a populated realm or are enjoying being lonely. CRZ didn't even affect most low pop realms.
    Should they do it? yes. Will they? no.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    NO. Do not even suggest bringing overpopulated realm problems to my game. CRZ is a big enough problem.
    Not meaning overpopulated, just to make realms MEDIUM.

Deleted
    Low population realms aren't fun. WoW is designed to be played with friends!
    Blizzard is investigating making it easier to move all of your characters to a new realm.
    There aren't any easy solutions, especially when players hear that Mal'ganis has a good raiding community or Tichondrius has a good PvP community. This results in players transferring or creating characters on high population realms, making popular realms grow faster, while lower population realms die faster.
    Merging or shutting down realms isn't possible because many players like their realm, have a character name they like, and don't want to be forced out or to change their name.

Lol they're still only investigating, must be the longest investigation ever. If police were to investigate crimes in this manner, not a signle crime would ever be solved.

they should but they wont since activision wants more money and well they pretty much stated today that they had no intention of merging low pop servers but to give you an option to transfer all your character ( IM SURE FOR A FEE)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't going to force anyone off of a realm and through a possible name change that they don't want to do. I think a few days of free transfers from low population realms to mid-size realms would be fine. But forcing people off? Not going to happen.

So, voted no.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    they should but they wont since activision wants more money and well they pretty much stated today that they had no intention of merging low pop servers but to give you an option to transfer all your character ( IM SURE FOR A FEE)
    Yep, I'm sure of it too, that they are thinking somekind of offer, like "Move all your charter for 100€" That's rly cheap...