Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Apart from the very early original Sac nerfs, they waited until practically the last moment on PTR to adjust Warlock damage figures, well after they were already turning the knobs for everyone else. Shouldn't come as any surprise that they're now forced to hotfix tune.

Obviously, if you have to balance then you have to balance, but hotfix nerfs just seem to have a more bitter taste to them.

From the interview on the front page:

Some players overreact when they see numbers like a 25% reduction to one spell that only makes up 10% of their damage overall. This ends up in a few percentage adjustment to a class's DPS.
    Why do I get the feeling he's talking warlocks in this specific case...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post

Can't be warlocks, Corr is only now under 20% of all damage. And Corr + Doom was an extremely large part of Demo damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post

Yes they are talking about WL's. And no, corruption was 25% of my damage which is a 6% nerf, even single target.... good math!!

Inept asshats the lot of them.

Deleted
    I feel sorry for Shadow Priests more than I do for myself really. at least with these nerfs I can play Destruction, I've actually gained a shit ton of DPS in doing so. our SPs have gone from near the top of the meter last week to the bottom this week. I can't write that off as player skill, seems that 25% SWP nerf really gutted them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Inept asshats the lot of them.
    Kinda, I can't help but get the impression the people fiddling with warlocks don't know as much about the class as they should.

Their "multidotting nerf" dropped affliction below destruction on everything BUT large multidotting fights and will have bled over into the existing GOSAC nerf (which from what I'd seen, actually had turned out pretty balanced).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Kinda, I can't help but get the impression the people fiddling with warlocks don't know as much about the class as they should.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I also still standby my statement about them not realizing Corruption isn't Aff exclusive. I'm sure they figured it out right after it went live, but by then it was too late to fix without them admitting they fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I also still standby my statement about them not realizing Corruption isn't Aff exclusive. I'm sure they figured it out right after it went live, but by then it was too late to fix without them admitting they fucked up.
    which is something blizz never does, when it comes to their hotfixes they get stubborn, claiming that hteir own internal sims shows something different.

Which also leads me to agree with the prior statements that this will probably be the final changes before 5.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Oh I dont think anyone is arguing that we AREN'T competitive - We're still more then capable of being in the top 1/3rd of the meters and even top 3 on multi dot fights.

But I think what is riling up people is the fact that mages were in a similar position to us, and yet got buffed and are now easily #1 capable (..again, like every patch since the dawn of time). Whereas warlocks? We werent exactly OP after 5.2 - good yes, but not OP, and yet got nerfed like this. It just reeks of favoritism for mages which sucks major donkey balls.
    are you even serious? mages were in a similar situation? please go and look at raidbots and tell me mages were anywhere near the top....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    are you even serious? mages were in a similar situation? please go and look at raidbots and tell me mages were anywhere near the top....
    Yes. Mages were OP in 5.1. So were warlocks. Warlocks and mages get nerfed in 5.2. Both are still competitive, but not as OP as they were (Affli and Arcane in particular).

Mages start whining, and they instantly get buffed. Warlocks however get nerfed AGAIN for no clear reason whatsoever, putting them in an even worse place.

Result? Mages are now more then capable of #1, whereas warlocks arent unless it's a multidot fight.

And maybe you should stop citing raidbots so much. You clearly have no idea how it works, or how "averages" or "statistics" work in general.

I'll give you a very simple example. You have 28 days worth of logs showing people doing 100k DPS prenerf, and then 2 days worth of logs of people doing 80k DPS postnerf. Raidbots will show the DPS as nearer to 100k DPS, even though that is completely wrong.

Maybe you should go look at RECENT logs (i.e. parses made AFTER the buffs to mages) and then come again and tell me "mages arent anywhere near the top".

Sure, I'll bite.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Jin'r.../7/30/default/

Compare Fire with Demonology. I completely agree that Affliction needed a nerf, I have no problem with that. However, Demonology was already lower than Fire and Frost before the nerfs. Multi-dot fights were a different story, and again, I agree that Demo needed a small nerf there. However, Demonology single target dps suffered badly as a result of the nerf, and they should have been given a compensation buff.

Deleted
    No sh*t mages were op in 5.1..... but they took massive nerfs, especially to arcane. Post 5.2 and pre hotfix locks were way ahead of mages, the logs dont lie..... Mages as a whole weren't performing so well thus they got a roughly 5% passive increase to damage to try and make them competative again. locks were over performing and thus got a nerf. Maybe they nerfed you too much that remains to be seen but as you say it will be impossible to tell for a while yet. Locks are still competative though, you cant be good at everything!

And talking about whine, there is a lot of it in this thread.....

Why a green fire quest when nobody plays destro.

No sh*t mages were op in 5.1..... but they took massive nerfs, especially to arcane. Post 5.2 and pre hotfix locks were way ahead of mages, the logs dont lie..... Mages as a whole weren't performing so well thus they got a roughly 5% passive increase to damage to try and make them competative again. locks were over performing and thus got a nerf. Maybe they nerfed you too much that remains to be seen but as you say it will be impossible to tell for a while yet. Locks are still competative though, you cant be good at everything!

And talking about whine, there is a lot of it in this thread.....

Who's talking about 5.1? I posted a link to Jin'rohk, the first 5.2 boss. At least read my post before you bash it.

You said it yourself, logs don't lie. Look at the logs and see how Frost and Fire have both been ahead of Demonology since 5.2 was released. Please try to justify nerfing a spec's low Single Target dps just because their multi-target was high.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-03-15 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    Sure, I'll bite.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Jin'r.../7/30/default/

Compare Fire with Demonology. I completely agree that Affliction needed a nerf, I have no problem with that. However, Demonology was already lower than Fire and Frost before the nerfs. Multi-dot fights were a different story, and again, I agree that Demo needed a small nerf there. However, Demonology single target dps suffered badly as a result of the nerf, and they should have been given a compensation buff.
    yup thats on a boss with massve damage increase taken which REALLY benefits fire. Massive ignites mean crazy big combustions. Thats to do with scaling more than anything else and a reason why fire will be nerfed later on.

edit: the guy above you was talking about 5.1 for some reason and i was replying to that....

AND you set it to top 100 parses only. Change it to all parses which is more indicative of the class as a whole.

sorry what? http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/
    Last edited by mmoc6c98aebf2b; 2013-03-15 at 03:16 PM.

yup thats on a boss with massve damage increase taken which REALLY benefits fire. Massive ignites mean crazy big combustions. Thats to do with scaling more than anything else and a reason why fire will be nerfed later on.

Ohhhhkayyyy, so what about Frost? Why should Frost be buffed and Demonology nerfed if Frost was already ahead?

Once again, I don't disagree that Mages needed a buff. The mage in my group went from 2nd in dps to just above tanks when 5.2 came out. Now he's first on anything single target, and I'm lagging behind as Demonology. I still do fine on Multi-Target and I'm no longer miles ahead on it, which is completely fine. It needed a nerf. My single target didn't though. Please try to justify Demonology not getting a single target compensation buff in the form of a Soul Fire or ToC buff.

yup thats on a boss with massve damage increase taken which REALLY benefits fire.
    ...So Fire gets a higher dmg increase than everyone else? Everyone gets a massive damage increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post
    ...So Fire gets a higher dmg increase than everyone else? Everyone gets a massive damage increase.
    sigh read what i actually typed please. Fire scales very well with dmg increase effects as they meam huge ignites which in turn mean a huge combustion dot...

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 03:23 PM ----------

Ohhhhkayyyy, so what about Frost? Why should Frost be buffed and Demonology nerfed if Frost was already ahead?

Once again, I don't disagree that Mages needed a buff. The mage in my group went from 2nd in dps to just above tanks when 5.2 came out. Now he's first on anything single target, and I'm lagging behind as Demonology. I still do fine on Multi-Target and I'm no longer miles ahead on it, which is completely fine. It needed a nerf. My single target didn't though. Please try to justify Demonology not getting a single target compensation buff in the form of a Soul Fire or ToC buff.
    You were acting like you were though. Like most locks QQing when mage get a needed buff. Ye he is ahead of you on single target and you're probably ahead of him on multi target? if you're single target is THAT bad after the nerfs then i'm sure it will be changed but you cant be great at everything and even with the bomb buff multi-dotting is not optimal tbh.
    Last edited by mmoc6c98aebf2b; 2013-03-15 at 03:27 PM.