Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Which is significantly better than what some other companies do these days.
    Personally I think it would have been better if they decided not to lie (aka fudge) in the first place, like with GetFudgedPopulation.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    anyone managed to have their commercial or residential building reach the top end of the growth indicator?

https://twitter.com/simcity/status/312603164304101378

In short, Antarctica will be down for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleygurgeh View Post
    /whistle was looking to try the Dr Vu tower, needed criminals at large to unlock.

On another map I Afk'd for about 2 hours whilst I cooked and ate. Came back ready to expand. Everything's burnt down. Bankrupt. I may have murderers but they're better than arsonists :-D
    I guess i better stop sending my police chopper to you then, didnt know

Can someone explain this to me? Industrial demand:
    1) Tech level depends on how rich citizens (rich shops won't buy from low-tech factories)?
    2) What's the dependency between shops and factories?
    3) What's the dependency between Coal mine and factories? (Placed coal mine and Industrial Demand from ~1-2% become ~70%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    anyone managed to have their commercial or residential building reach the top end of the growth indicator?
    Yep, had a massive hotel.. seems the commercial ones also turn into big towered shopping centres etc too. atleast thats that happened to mine.

Deleted
    well, time to start demolishing! 36abandonded buildings, 10rubble! traffic hasn't moved in the last hour going for a complete restart, demolishing everything! difference will be ill be starting new with nearly 700k now instead of the usual 50k so i can get my mining / smelting started sooner! just going to jack taxes up insanely high until everyone moves out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well, time to start demolishing! 36abandonded buildings, 10rubble! traffic hasn't moved in the last hour going for a complete restart, demolishing everything! difference will be ill be starting new with nearly 700k now instead of the usual 50k so i can get my mining / smelting started sooner! just going to jack taxes up insanely high until everyone moves out.
    Maybe wait until EA introduces pathing more complex than "shortest distance?" Otherwise your new layout may just stroke out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Yep, had a massive hotel.. seems the commercial ones also turn into big towered shopping centres etc too. atleast thats that happened to mine.

aaaah how did you manage it? xD my happiness seems to not move after that point! and how big should the plot be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Can someone explain this to me? Industrial demand:
    1) Tech level depends on how rich citizens (rich shops won't buy from low-tech factories)?
    2) What's the dependency between shops and factories?
    3) What's the dependency between Coal mine and factories? (Placed coal mine and Industrial Demand from ~1-2% become ~70%)
    1. I don't have a complete list, but from my observations the following help your tech level: education level, land value, building density.
    2. Industrial factories supply commercial buildings with goods.
    3. Coal mine delivery trucks deliver to industrial buildings.

So my radiation problem is not getting better. I heard it goes down over time, so I left the game running overnight and I woke up with the exact same amount of radiation...I drew roads around the area so I could measure it, and it's exactly in the same spot
    I'm either going to have to abandon my Asia city or rebuild around the radiation area, losing about 1/3 of my city space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    1. I don't have a complete list, but from my observations the following help your tech level: education level, land value, building density.

So my radiation problem is not getting better. I hear it does down over time, so I left the game running overnight and I woke up with the exact same amount of radiation...I drew roads around the area so I could measure it, and it's exactly in the same spot
    I'm either going to have to abandon my Asia city or rebuild around the radiation area, losing about 1/3 of my city space.

is there no way of clearing up radiation?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there no way of clearing up radiation?
    I was led to believe it dissipates over time?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I was led to believe it dissipates over time?
    I thought so too, but I left the game running overnight and there have been 0 changes to the radiation. I think I'm just out of luck. Ugh so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    aaaah how did you manage it? xD my happiness seems to not move after that point! and how big should the plot be?

The plot of land doesnt matter too much, as people will buy other houses, if you notice, the only thing being, is that things need plenty of room behind them to grow too.

Basically, you just increase land value, and things will eventually be good enough to make people renovate and increase their residential/commercial business.

Deleted
    Anyone knows where i can find the department of transportation? Can't find it under government and i need it to establish a bus system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Anyone knows where i can find the department of transportation? Can't find it under government and i need it to establish a bus system.
    You sure no one else in your region has built one yet?

http://orcz.com/SimCity:_Department_of_Transportation

As I understand it you need to edit the town/city hall. Its an addition to it like the stuff you can add to the Fire Station, Clinic, and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    You sure no one else in your region has built one yet?
    I'm pretty sure there is none of those since i play in a private region while learning how things work

Cheers, found it

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Thanks for input. But in the "1)" I mean opposite thing. If all my factories are high-tech level, will they produce goods for Low-Wealth Commercial lots? Or only for Medium/High Wealth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Thanks for input. But in the "1)" I mean opposite thing. If all my factories are high-tech level, will they produce goods for Low-Wealth Commercial lots? Or only for Medium/High Wealth?
    Ahh I read that wrong sorry. I'll need to confirm this when I get home, but I had the same question the other day when I was trying to create smoother traffic. I watched the traffic to and from my industries and high tech deliveries always seemed to be to high wealth commercial buildings. Medium tech to medium wealth. Low tech to low wealth. This also makes sense because as my factories increase in tech level, my demand for low tech industrial factories increased.

I feel confident in my answer but here is a disclaimer anyway: I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you planted trees over the radiation aiko?