Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Noob question of the week, if I want to play online against other players, do I need HoS? I've not upgraded yet. Or am I crazy to want to play online without HoS now that it's out?
    Since amazon obviously sent out my CE with Pony Express or something similar, I yesterday tried to play a few WoL matches. Results were one error and really long (3+ min) wait times.

You're not gonna find a ton of players in Wings anymore, but it's entirely possible to still play it.

doing mastery achives and the one on the rendezvous mission is giving me fits. but i think ive figured it out for the most part hopefully will have it done by the end of the day, spent like 2 hours replaying a 15 min timer achive with multiple restarts is frustrating.

I'm so hyped for MLG. The show's going to be insane. Link to all the details via Day9's site:

http://day9.tv/d/Day9/mlg-winter-championship-day-1/

The players represented in the tourney and the casters involved is ridiculously good:

Players:

Protoss
    PartinG
    herO
    Rain
    SaSe
    BabyKnight
    Creator
    Seed
    MC
    Feast
    Minigun
    State
    HuK

Terran
    Flash
    Bomber
    INnoVation
    Last
    ThorZaIN
    MVP
    MarineKing
    jjakji
    Taeja
    Polt

Zerg
    Life
    Leenock
    Stephano
    Bly
    Ret
    Sen
    Goswer
    ViBE
    Suppy
    KiLLeR

Casters:
    Day[9], DJ Wheat, Husky, Total Biscuit, Incontrol, Axslav, Axeltoss, and floor reporter - Anna Prosser Robinson.

Pre-show at 17:00 CST, games start at 17:30 CST.

For the first day I'm going to be giving 100% attention to Leenock vs BabyKnight, Sen vs Vibe, Flash vs Bly and MarineKing vs Jjakji.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-03-15 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Zerg
    Life
    Leenock
    Stephano
    Bly
    Ret
    Sen
    Goswer
    ViBE
    Suppy
    KiLLeR

For the first day I'm going to be giving 100% attention to Leenock vs BabyKnight, Sen vs Vibe, Flash vs Bly and MarineKing vs Jjakji.
    NO TLO on the list.. i am dissapoint.

Players with the HotS expansion can go to the settings and revert to WoL if they want to play it i.e. with friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    NO TLO on the list.. i am dissapoint.
    He's probably working on his HotS strats more, he got wrecked pretty hard in IEM. He lost to everyone in his group except Grubby, even Stephano, who'd only played 3 weeks of HotS (while TLO's been in the beta constantly) beat him 2-0.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-03-15 at 06:58 PM.

He's probably working on his HotS strats more, he got wrecked pretty hard in IEM. He lost to everyone in his group except Grubby, even Stephano, who'd only played 3 weeks of HotS (while TLO's been in the beta constantly) beat him 2-0.
    yea even in hots sentry/immortal all in is pretty devastating to any zerg.

That is because sentrys are amazing but hard to use to their full effectiveness.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    but if zerg manages to get swarm hosts and pressures the toss enough he'll be on a clicking clock to get colosus, allowing the zerg to tech air or massive expand on the meantime

10+ Year Old Account
    TLO streamed earlier today, he completely wrecked Kas five times in a row. He has a REALLY creative creepspread. Absolutely love it.

Also I wanna watch mlg. Too bad im busy a lot of time this weekend, will watch what I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    1 Ling goes in and terran ends up losing money, that's how players did it on tourneys~
    That's assuming you move extremely slowly and carefully. As Zerg that's the opposite of how your supposed to play. It's very frustrating. It's like Blizzard Meeting: "Hey you know what Terran have been having trouble with? Spacial control and harassment! Lets give medivacs a free super jesus speed upgrade, widow mines, and fire bats that can solo a stalker or a roach! Oh and you know how protoss have issues with drops, mutalisks, and mid game pushes from Terran? Well what if... we gave medivacs a free speed upgrade and gave mutalisks steroids! Oh and all new air units for Protoss!! Yeah!!"

/end rant

Ugh. Widow mines by themselves aren't terrible, but I just hate how they constrict the way a Zerg can play when they're so inexpensive. 75 min/25 gas and you can make 2 at a time is ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I replayed the campaign last night, the swarmling is fucking broken, 0 effort on brutal lol !
    I like queen and roach. Or queen and ultralisk. Your army never dies xD
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-03-15 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmh could really go for a couple of games now. Too bad I have no time today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

sc2 help

ok so i just bought the new sc2 expanansion and i was wanting to fight against a ai with cheats on so i could figer out how to use the new units... but the old sc cheats dont work ( terribleterribledamage = god mode ) etc :S was wondering have bliizard removed the cheats from the game or prehaphs changed the cheat codes or maybe i fought against the ui in the wrong section...

anyone have any ideas ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I don't know if you are serious, but incase you are, try not using cheats if you wanna ''learn the new units''!
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    play a normal game using the matchmaking against the AI

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    play a normal game using the matchmaking against the AI
    get exp in the matchmaking sites the cheats cant be used there

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Lol, I don't know if you are serious, but incase you are, try not using cheats if you wanna ''learn the new units''!
    i am serious and if i do it my way with cheats i can take as long as i like and play for fun

My post seems to have imploded after this thread got merged, so here it is again:

I'd recommend checking out whether or not this still works:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/unit-tester/

It was a unit tester mod, that spawned whatever you want in an arena to try out what would work against different units and such. Not sure if it's upto date enough to be used in HotS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard was pretty damn hard at the beginning, but by the end when you had all your evolutions and Kerrigan was a walking nuke it became a lot easier. I'll probably go through it again on Brutal to see how that is.

Well I am raging atm. I was top 10 gold at the end of WoL and regularly beating top gold and even some Platinum players. Now I just finished my 5 HotS placement matches and I got Diamond/Master players so of course I lose and so I got put into Bronze! I havent been in bronze in over a year! /rage