Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Rift is WoW for people who hate WoW. It's exactly the same game but you can say "WoW ? Pff kiddy game. I play Rift !".

As for the question of the thread, i think after ICC and during Cataclysm they tried to cut back on content and probably thought that the players will stay nontheless but after that didn't work out they probably got their dev team back to the original size.
    Honestly, this is one of the best analogies I've seen in a LONG time. Bravo little bunny.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's hope they keep their promises, i think if they keep up the good work and fast content, and would bring like burning legion, i think the subs will go over the roofs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    I hope they keep their promise, what do you guys think?
    Did they keep all their promises before? No, so why expect them to do so now?

You know MoP is succesful when the worst thing people can say about it is that there are daily quests to do, well, daily.

It's simple to me. As long as they produce a game I want to play and think is worth paying for, I'll keep playing. Only when that's no longer true, will WoW be "dead".

What cracks me up are so many people who clearly think WoW and Blizzard now suck either continue to play or continue to post on a message board for a game
    they don't like.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    There are people who don't get cancer as well but it's still killing a lot of people.
    Really, using a terrible illness as analogy it's the worst thing you could do, and most of all shows how much you're idiot.

Infracted: Please don't insult other users. - Eschaton
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-15 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauretto View Post
    Really, using a terrible illness as analogy it's the worst thing you could do, and most of all shows how much you're idiot.
    You forgot the an.

Infracted: Please post constructively. Grammar checking is pointless and against the rules. - Eschaton
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-15 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretto View Post
    You forgot the an.
    LOL! +1

OT: WoW has at least 2 more expansions in it, so no it's not going anywhere for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you enjoy your PS2 breaking down all the time?
    Just gonna say.

I got my PS2 a little after it was released, and it's still working today. Heck my boyfriend's is still working too.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Says who? How are they milking it?

9 Million+ players seem to enjoy this claimed "Playstation of MMORPGs". That's simply your opinion.

Oh, by the way, GW2 is it's real competition. GW2 is a FANTASTIC game, just not one I liked and thus did not level past level 18.

It also had the competition of Rift AND SWTOR. You remember how those worked out, correct?

And I like my PS3, thank you very much.
    I'm not sure you understand what competition is.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what competition is.
    How is GW2 or Rift or SWTOR not competition?

I mean, sure, each game has their own share of subscribers, but a portion of those players are also former WoW players.

That makes those games and the companies who made them competition, because they're holding some of the customers another company wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has 9 million subs. It's still doing well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    I'm fairly certain that PS2's success has less to do with fanboys and more with the massive game library the console had.
    Final Fantasy VII also had something to do with that. I hopped systems a lot to play Final Fantasy games along with other RPG games.

Speaking of, Final Fantasy XI is 11 years old and has a new expansion being released.

As for the Sony thing, had Blu-ray not won the format war the PS3 would probably not have been as popular as it is now. The only thing that keeps a system profitable now is exclusivity of its games. The more games are available on multiple consoles the more you can weed out bad systems now.

For WoW, I'll hold my judgment for how this tier ends. If Tier 15 goes like Tier 14 did where I have to wait until the VERY LAST DAY and get my 4-piece from LFR by flipping multiple coins on the Tuesday that ToT LFR launches I'm out. I already look at my alts and can't stomach grinding out Golden Lotus rep on them or suffering through endless Lei Shi and Tsu-takes-too-damned-long for possibility of gear. Let's face it: I'm old, I'm tired, and I can find better things to do to spend time with my irl friends than run around a fantasy world that decides to give us the middle finger on a regular basis.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Deleted
    I think new glory days of WoW are only ahead of us.
    No I'm not talking about subscriber numbers, but quality of the game, rate of content releases, more and more ingame activities. MoP improved so much this game and I think it's only the beginning.

I believe it. Im lovin 5.2 its keepin things as frash as things can be daily-quest wise
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

That's defiinitely the impression I get from this expansion and especially this patch. The World of Warcraft seems intent to expand in every sense of the world.

Meh. If they continue to not add dungeons after the initial xpac release, this game won't survive past the next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Meh. If they continue to not add dungeons after the initial xpac release, this game won't survive past the next xpac.
    Yeah because 5mans are really what makes or breaks an expansion.

With still having 9 million active subs, ofcourse the game is still alive and well. The real question is if they can keep the subs, avoiding another ''Cataclysm'' were they lost 3 million subs.

I do hope it won't be just dailys or more boring scenario's that they're gonna add...

They milked WoW when they decided to not update Cataclysm for a year while having a second team making another expansion.

GW2 is terrible, sorry. Rift is different, and TOR was a failure. Honestly with the budget TOR had they could have made a better WoW.

I guess they had a lot of over-paid devs there.

Your PS3 finished third place this generation after the brand monopolized the market for two console cycles.

Monopolies are bad for gamers unless you are a fanboy.

Did you enjoy your PS2 breaking down all the time?
    A monopoly implies other companies aren't able to develop their own mmos. Blizzard isn't responsible for the ineptitude of other companies.