10+ Year Old Account

Fun games on a laptop

What are some fun games to play on a laptop, that don't totally rely on a 'desktop' mouse?

plox help me! Bored at work! >.<
    The cat is out of the bag.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    super meat boy

Ghosts N Goblins Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im looking for an mmo to play along side wow that is ftp and not too demanding on a computer. Limit to demand is rift which it barely plays at 15-20 fps. It can be games that arent rpgs, but those are the only ones i have experience with.

I tried DDO and Lotro
    path of exile, aion, TERA,

TSW is b2p and GW2 is b2p if you don't mind paying one time for the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    mark of the ninja

Really want a good tower defence game, similar to GEM TD or WC3's Green TD. Paid or free, don't care. But I need a new TF game for when I'm bored.

15+ Year Old Account

[Advance/DS] Looking for a new RPG

i am a big fan of the Golden Sun games (much more so then first two than Dark Dawn) and am looking for a new RPG to fill my time with, any solid recommendations?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Defense Grid: The Awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    marcelos11
    Radiant Historia for DS.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all. I'm looking for a game like simcity or roller coaster tycoon, but in a fantasy/medieval setting. I like sandbox, but wouldn't mind a campaign as well. Any thoughts?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    anno 1404 & 1701
    the settlers rise of an empire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    marcelos11
    Radiant Historia for DS.
    ordered, any other recommendations?

Deleted
    Could check out the remakes of Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger if you like JRPGs. Just warning you that Final Fantasy IV's difficulty level is stupidly high. For newer stuff, Dragon Quest 9 or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. Dunno if the Pokémon series could be considered RPGs as well?

Deleted
    Looking for some round-based multiplayer strategie games like Civilization V, any advises?

Deleted
    Howdy.

I've managed to get around to finishing most of my games in my rather substantial PC collection, at least to a point that I can put them down and happily not return for a good few months.

With WoW taking up a few hours every raid night and a smidgen of time elsewhere, I figured I needed another game to compliment WoW for when I want to game but don't want to play an MMO.

I'm looking for something very story driven and emotionally provoking. I can list most of the PC games I've played that are along the lines of what I'm after, or have at least provoked some sort of emotion. Usually man tears, I tend to cry very fecking easily.

Note, whilst a lot of these are RPGs, i'm not limiting this to RPGs.

- Mass Effect (Trilogy)
    - KoToR 1 & 2
    - Dragon Age Origins (And 2... ish. Never completed it, got part way through and decided I didn't really like it)
    - Deus Ex, 1 and 2. (by 2, I mean Human Revolution. As far as I'm concerned, Invisible War didn't exist)
    - Alan Wake
    - Bastion
    - Max Payne (Trilogy)
    - The Walking Dead
    - The Witcher 2 (I tried one, the combat engine is awful in my opinion. I ended up just reading the synopsis before playing number 2)
    - Katawa Shoujo (That's right, I'm not excluding VNs. I quite enjoyed being able to sit back and just play through Katawa Shoujo, a refreshing change of pace)
    - Alpha Protocol (Game felt really, really sloppy and unpolished. Whilst the story was interesting and I loved how they did the dialogue and character interaction, the combat ruined the whole spy experience for me)
    - Dead Space (Trilogy)
    - Dishonored
    - Spec Ops: The Line

Any suggestions must follow a similar vein to the games mentioned above in that they are story-driven and can evoke an emotional response.

The games must also be available on PC ONLY, kinda. I do not have PS3 or Vita. Whilst I do have a 3DS, Wii and Xbox 360, I'd rather utilise the ability to download games and play them within an hour or 2.

If you're wanting to suggest an older title from the SNES or PlayStation, for example, then by all means. If it isn't available for purchase on any platform atm then I'll probably just emulate it, safe in the knowledge I'm not being a douche.

Bit of a large request this, but I've grown tired of very simple games lately. Go into room and shoot many men with a gun just isn't appealing. I'd much prefer, "Go into room and question yourself as you shoot many men, as they're just ignorant employees for an evil corporation" if you follow my drift.

I've had a few suggestions from friends, so if you're up to the challenge I'd like an opinion on these few games -

Final Fantasy... 6? (Or like 3 or something. I have no idea what one, all I know is that is was on the SNES and was supposedly bloody brilliant)
    Persona 4
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Analogue: A Hate Story

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Desp

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross have some deep themes. If you're looking for man tears, try Final Fantasy X.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross have some deep themes. If you're looking for man tears, try Final Fantasy X.
    Man tears are the way to go, for me! I'll give Final Fantasy X a gander, cheers

Anyone know of a good MMORPG that is 8 or 16 bit style with a top down camera? Prefer one where to community is alive

EDIT: also any good dungeon crawler with 8 or 16 bit graphics would also be great if anyone know about any.
    Last edited by imtehrogue; 2013-03-15 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markov41 View Post
    I'm looking for a PC simulation game made within the last 10 years or so. I've been playing Farming Simulator 2013 for awhile, and it's a great game, but at the same time it's extremely depressing to realize you're being entertained by driving in straight lines. Euro Truck Simulator 2 had a similar effect on me. I'm also not particularly interested in the city builders or flight sims.
    What I'm really looking for now is some sort of business sim game. Something like Prison Architect, but finished. I don't care what I'm managing, could be a restaurant sim, hospital, prison, etc. Something to waste time, but not be quite as straightforwardly boring as Farming Sim and Euro Trucks. Any ideas?
    arma series?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    MMORPG that is 8 or 16 bit style with a top down camera? Prefer one where to community is alive
    realm of the mad god