Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Don't see it happening. That would mean the Jets are paying 2 quarterbacks almost 10 mill each when neither is worth half that.
    so i guess it would be a case of who is closer to being worth the 10 mil that neither deserve?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills 6 wins last year
    Cards 5

Sorry, Cards win the patheticness tournament. And before one of you brings up the Chiefs or Lions, here's my response: blow me.
    Well they released Kolb at least, so now you're down to Hoyer and Stanton apparently. Not convinced on either tbh. Any chance Cards go after Geno Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well they released Kolb at least, so now you're down to Hoyer and Stanton apparently. Not convinced on either tbh. Any chance Cards go after Geno Smith?
    I mean, they have to draft a QB now. Neither of those guys they have are starters, just cheap replacements. There's no way a brand new head coach walks into an organization and says "I think we should rely on Drew Stanton" for his first season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they kind of have to now. I assume they're high enough on the board to snag him. I still don't think he's worth it though. Best QB in the draft doesn't mean much this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is a RFA, but seems to be getting a lot of interest from multiple teams.

Usually, this wouldn't bother me since RFA's rarely sign w/ other teams, but this looks like it could possibly happen. Any team putting out an offer sheet on Pitta would end up losing a 2nd round pick. The Ravens also have the right to match the deal, but they're cash strapped as it is. It's the whole reason they gave him a 2nd round tender instead of a 1st round tender; it saved them about $856K. If a team makes him a reasonable offer and frontloads year 1, there's a very realistic possibility that the Ravens could be losing another player.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 04:38 PM ----------

Just heard on the radio ...

Apparently, the Bronco's wanted Elvis Dumervil (sp?) to restructure his deal. He eventually relented and took a small paycut.

What's the problem you say?

Denver had a 2pm deadline (I'm assuming on some type of roster bonus) and Dumervil's agent/people didn't fax the needed info/paperwork over to the Bronco's until 2:07. Dumervil was apparently released and is now a FA. lol

Again, I heard this on the radio. Trying to find some links on this now. If this is true, that's hilarious.

EDIT: Here we go. Anyone need a pass rusher?
    Last edited by Elbren; 2013-03-15 at 08:40 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    That's hilarious(ly bad.) I just finished reading an article (on NFL.com no less,) about him having taken a pay-cut and them coming to an agreement. Bet Freeney just got a new travel destination.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

Ravens and LB James Harrison continue to show mutual interest.

Really hoping this one isn't true. Very few players that truly would never want to see in a Ravens uniform and Harrison is at the top of that list.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    the Dumervil cut makes me wish the Saints had the cap space, but for some reason they restructured the contracts of underachieving veterans who don't fit the scheme, instead of releasing them

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious what happened with Dumervil. Bronco's got Welker, fine, let the Pats get Dumervil (No chance in hell that happens btw, I foresee the Bronco's signing him a.s.a.p.)

Hilarious what happened with Dumervil. Bronco's got Welker, fine, let the Pats get Dumervil (No chance in hell that happens btw, I foresee the Bronco's signing him a.s.a.p.)
    ESPN says the Broncos probably won't resign him because he still costs the Broncos $5m in cap space even after cutting him. He'd have to take a $3 mill contract at the most for him to be worth what he agreed to with the Broncos, but I think he can get way more than that in NE.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN says the Broncos probably won't resign him because he still costs the Broncos $5m in cap space even after cutting him. He'd have to take a $3 mill contract at the most for him to be worth what he agreed to with the Broncos, but I think he can get way more than that in NE.
    Wow. Wouldn't that just be one of THE biggest gaffes ever in personnel management, both from the agent and the Bronco's? Although, if Dumervil comes out ahead, monetairy, I won't say it's not done on purpose.

Wow. Wouldn't that just be one of THE biggest gaffes ever in personnel management, both from the agent and the Bronco's? Although, if Dumervil comes out ahead, monetairy, I won't say it's not done on purpose.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. That agent probly tried to pull a fast one on the Broncos but Elway wasn't trying to take that shit so he cut him.

10+ Year Old Account
    and Keller to the Dolphins, they seem serious, if nothing else they at least have cemented themselves as the second best team in the AFC East, and the way other AFC teams are declining there might be a window of opportunity there

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, and I don't really pay that much attention to free agency and pre-season, or is there a lot more big names moving this year than in recent memory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is it just me, and I don't really pay that much attention to free agency and pre-season, or is there a lot more big names moving this year than in recent memory?
    Last year it seemed like teams just resigned their big guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Jennings to the Vikings. That's gotta sting in Green Bay.

Green Bay pretty much made no bones about it during the season they werent keeping Jennings. Itll be interesting to see if he ends up hurting them, even with Minnesota's playoff surge I still find it hard to buy them as a real threat to any of the better NFC teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New CBA.

It doesn't shock me that a lot of the teams spending money are the teams that have either been middle-of-the-pack or spending-next-to-nothing in previous seasons. Now, with the new CBA, these teams need to get up to the cap floor (75% of the cap?)

For example, I thought I saw an article in regards to Jake Long leaving Minn. without a contract. Said that him returning to the Dolphins didn't seem out of the question. Even with all of their big moves, they were around $15 Mil.+ under the cap. (That may have been before Gibson signed) Looks like CB Brent Grimes is next to visit Miami.

Wow, Jennings to the Vikings. That's gotta sting in Green Bay.
    No way. Jennings only played 1/2 the games the last two years and he's almost 30. Getting old by NFL standards. I think they just drove the price up the best they could to make the Vikings pay more. I don't think there was any real intention to sign him after the year ended. Jennings wanted out and GB didn't want to pay for a receiver past his prime. Thanks for the memories but change is always happening in the NFL. Got to roll with it or get left behind.

Go Pack !!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/1...e-changes-2013

What is going on? The NFL Competition Committee actually has people with common sense on it now? Pretty much every single one of these changes I agree with.

Tuck rule gone
    Jim Schwartz challenge rule gone
    Incomplete passes can be reviewed to see if they are fumbles
    RBs can no longer lead with their head to take out defenders
    Offensive players cannot do peel back blocks

Good. Good. Good. Good. And Good.