Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Intercepting Ji-kun food

So, I just assume it's impossible without the wings, but even with them... Is there a trick to it, or is it completely random luck?

-Graphically flying right through them or hovering in it's path rarely works on yellow. Hovering right under it doesn't work either.
    -Killing off a next before the food reaches it, and taking off before the food lands, does sometimes randomly intercept but isn't reliable at all until late into the fight.
    -The green food seems random too, hovering above the boss to intercept, or flying straight through blobs, does sometimes work, and sometimes not. Raidmembers actually turning green from absorbing it doesn't remove one from the air, but seems to not be able to be absorbed by a second person?

I have not even once had our group be able to get 4 buffs during a Feed Young before departing to one of the first 6 platforms, and the kill I did this week it felt even more off...

Am I missing some kind of trick with it here?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never had problems picking up green food. Just fly above the boss before she casts it and soak it. Got it every single time. Even when I'm "late" just fly through it...

If I get one, I'm pretty satisfied. Don't get too worked up trying to stack the buff very high, it's not necessary or even worth it I'd argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingol View Post
    I never had problems picking up green food. Just fly above the boss before she casts it and soak it. Got it every single time. Even when I'm "late" just fly through it...
    Pretty much this. Get in her beak before she spits it and she will launch it into you. Unlike him though, I do sometimes have a problem getting it if I am late and just trying to fly through one.

ive heard some people saying that you can only get it when it's on the way down, not when she throws it up in the air... i personally haven't had any issues but if you're having problems try intercepting it when it's coming down

From what I've observed:

• You must have wings
    • You must fly under the blobs, not through them
    • Sometimes you get buffed and the blob hits the platform anyways
    • You can only get 1 stack per phase
    • Most of the time it's not possible to stack to 2 because the buff falls off before the next Feed Young

If anyone has logs contradicting the last two points, I'd love to see them.

You can get it if she shoots them through you while flying. I think you're right on the 1 stack per phase. Dunno what you men about stack to 2 though... your stats don't reset even when the buff drops so you will get an extra 10% stack for each feed young cast where you catch one.

it is 1 stack per phase.

*note*she shoots them from her mouth if u are ready when the cast pops just fly a bit above her beak and ull get hit.

and yes u must have wings to get the buff. many times I tried using my goblin glider off the top platform, doesnt work

15+ Year Old Account
    Fly directly above the boss and soak it, as a melee I had 0 problems still hitting the boss, being directly above her and soaking. Chasing them around, trying to fly under them is risky because (1) server lag might decide food is somewhere else (2) you might waste a set of wings for absolutely no reason.

From personal experience I can tell you a few things:
    - They can definitely be picked up on the way up
    - Both green and yellow can be picked up above boss
    - You can get them even if she aimed them for birds on down platforms if you kill birds fast enough and use wings
    - IT DOES NOT STACK, I tried multiple times and every single time I found you cannot get another food if you already have food, it will not even refresh, either cancelaura the buff before picking it up again or (preferably) wait until your buff has run out and there is a new feed young phase

- IT DOES NOT STACK, I tried multiple times and every single time I found you cannot get another food if you already have food, it will not even refresh, either cancelaura the buff before picking it up again or (preferably) wait until your buff has run out and there is a new feed young phase
    Haha, this makes me feel better. I thought I was just bad, I kept thinking how could I get one every time but never two?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Haha, this makes me feel better. I thought I was just bad, I kept thinking how could I get one every time but never two?
    Haha, it was actually annoying me the first day because I kept thinking "why didn't that work" until i realised it wouldn't even refresh my buff if there was ~3 seconds left, leaving wasted feathers. Feed Young happens pretty much every 30 seconds so if you don't get the food from directly above the boss you probably won't be able to get two consecutive buffs.

You have to be within 5-8 yards of it to get it, not directly on top. Definitely worth rotating your dps through the feed young buff because it makes the fight significantly shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorn View Post

My understanding was that while it does not stack, each time you obtain the buff increases the potency of your next buff you get by a certain %, something like 5 or 10% pr time, which does last throughout the fight and continues to increase for each time you eat.

I don't remember where i saw that being said, i could be making stuff up tbh, as i wasn't in for our ji-kun kill and haven't seen for myself.

I just hover above the boss with wings when she casts it, get it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Galad View Post
    My understanding was that while it does not stack, each time you obtain the buff increases the potency of your next buff you get by a certain %, something like 5 or 10% pr time, which does last throughout the fight and continues to increase for each time you eat.

I don't remember where i saw that being said, i could be making stuff up tbh, as i wasn't in for our ji-kun kill and haven't seen for myself.
    Well, I've attempted it on 25M and killed it on 10. From my experience, on 10M the buff was always 100% damage / 30% healing (having absorbed it through several Feed Young casts). And it seemed feed young typically happened right as your previous buff was about to expire, but if it happened earlier it would not refresh the duration. I did the "hover above her head/body after the Feed Young warning" method. It looked to me like the yellow globs were sent from the mouth, and the green globs were sent from the back, but can't confirm that.

On 25M, it was typically somewhere in the range of 100-130% damage. I suspect that on 10M it is either capped at 100%/30% or that is all it is possible to get. Wowhead is somewhat in line with this, the only primal nutriment buff listed is 100%/30%, but doesn't really explain how on 25 man the buff went higher.

In the end I think it has definitely changed since how it worked in the way its listed in the Dungeon Journal, but I've only had one kill on it so far so some of the details are still a bit sketchy to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    From my experience, on 10M the buff was always 100% damage / 30% healing (having absorbed it through several Feed Young casts).
    [...]
    I suspect that on 10M it is either capped at 100%/30% or that is all it is possible to get. Wowhead is somewhat in line with this, the only primal nutriment buff listed is 100%/30%, but doesn't really explain how on 25 man the buff went higher.
    Doesn't work that way in 10m. The first time you get the buff it's a +100% dmg 30s buff, the second time a +110% dmg buff, then +120%, etc.
    I'm 100% sure it works that way, I used to check on my guildmates buff tooltip to see how many buffs they could get so far.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-03-16 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Doesn't work that way in 10m. The first time you get the buff it's a +100% dmg 30s buff, the second time a +110% dmg buff, then +120%, etc.
    I'm 100% sure it works that way, I used to check on my guildmates buff tooltip to see how many buffs they could get so far.
    Wasn't my experience. Every time I checked my buff tooltip it was 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Wasn't my experience. Every time I checked my buff tooltip it was 100%.
    It definitely stacks an extra 10% for each flight phase where you catch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    It definitely stacks an extra 10% for each flight phase where you catch one.
    QFT. you can get it once per feed phase, you dont need to "refresh" it while you still have the buff. even if it drops, and you get another feed buff, itll stack another 10%. the actual buff stacking never stops. for example : feed #1 happens, you get the buff for 30 seconds(100% more dmg, 30% mroe healing). feed #2 happens, you miss it so you have no buff for 30 seconds. feed #3 happens, you get the buff again for 30 seconds, this time its 110% more dmg, 30% more healing)

Ah. I had no idea it "stacked" like that. Interesting.