Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So what are you people doing with your totems these days??

Recently started to play my Shaman again after a long hiatus (I main Rogue, please don't ask why) and I have to say one of the worst changes in a long while has to be the totem design for MoP.

The concept of using them for utility has left us with a handful of totems we either don't want to use or use rarely. On top of this the totem bar was removed; now I have plenty of UI space but losing 5 slots I had free before the expansion is just bad. Even worse we can't place sets of totems any more. If you use the 'pop-out' icons from your spell book that's 2 clicks or button presses to get a single totem out, eurgh.

But anyway, the main thing I wanted to ask is what are you doing with your totems? Are you dragging each individual totem out to the bar or just the ones you use most or want out quickest? Maybe you're happy with the individual pop-out buttons for each element. Lastly, you're probably using an addon; so what good ones are there?

I just have specific keybinds for each totem. Im not sure what your talking about with never using them. Most all of my totems are getting use, the only one I rarely use is earthbind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
    So what are you people doing with your totems these days??
    Those that no longer exist? I sticked them all in a deep dark spot of a body where the sun does not shine.

In all seriousness, for PvP, I have on my bars the following totems: Earthbind, Stormlash, Capacitor, Windwalk, Fire Elemental, Grounding, Tremor, Healing Stream, Spirit Link, Healing Tide and Mana Tide. for PvE, I have on my bars the following totems: Stormlash, Waindwalk, Searing, Fire Elemental, Tremor, Healing Stream, Spirit Link, Healing Tide and Mana Tide.

So between the two, not that much difference.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Totem Timers is probably the best addon if you want something to quickly click on for totem use. However I just have all of mine keybound. I mean so much of our DPS revolves around our elemental and searing totems that they at least should be a finger-click away and all of our utility is derived from the other totems. Opening the spellbook and clicking through ... thats just a bad idea all around. Totems are cooldowns now and should be treated as such. All buffs that were on the totems are passive to the class so it's not like we lost anything.

each individual one on my bars and bound

If you PVP, you'll be using all you totems. If you don't, then you're seriously missing out.

Deleted
    I think I have every single one bound on my actionbars, along with totemic projection.

That's unfortunate. I actually really like the current totem design.

They all feel like powerful buttons now (except Searing/Magma totem, but those are among the few holdovers from the previous design).

I keep all of them on my action bars, with keybinds for the stuff I might need to drop at a critical moment (ex: Spirit Link) as well as a keybind for Projection.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

All of my totems are keybind. Though I do have totem timers up. I guess it's there to see my flametongue and lightning shield. The totems themselves on the addon just sit there. It's for show now or something. haha

Deleted
    I just use flo totembar, almost identical to how the totem bar used to be, highly recommend using this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
    Recently started to play my Shaman again after a long hiatus (I main Rogue, please don't ask why) and I have to say one of the worst changes in a long while has to be the totem design for MoP.

The concept of using them for utility has left us with a handful of totems we either don't want to use or use rarely. On top of this the totem bar was removed; now I have plenty of UI space but losing 5 slots I had free before the expansion is just bad. Even worse we can't place sets of totems any more. If you use the 'pop-out' icons from your spell book that's 2 clicks or button presses to get a single totem out, eurgh.

But anyway, the main thing I wanted to ask is what are you doing with your totems? Are you dragging each individual totem out to the bar or just the ones you use most or want out quickest? Maybe you're happy with the individual pop-out buttons for each element. Lastly, you're probably using an addon; so what good ones are there?
    Don't know which totems you're looking at, but I'm using them practically every CD. Much better than the old drop and forget system. Keybinds for quick access.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Don't know which totems you're looking at, but I'm using them practically every CD. Much better than the old drop and forget system.
    New totems are basically CDs abilities like other classes have but totems are slightly stronger because enemies can pop them in PvP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    If you PVP, you'll be using all you totems. If you don't, then you're seriously missing out.
    I don't use Earth Elemental totem o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I don't use Earth Elemental totem o.o
    baddie baddie

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    baddie baddie
    no room on my action bars D: ;_;

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the current totem design is good, with exception of searing totem and magma totem (which should be deleted). I got all my abilities (including totems) bound to keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I have to say one of the worst changes in a long while has to be the totem design for MoP.
    You are so wrong.

But anyway, the main thing I wanted to ask is what are you doing with your totems? Are you dragging each individual totem out to the bar or just the ones you use most or want out quickest?
    You should always bind all your spells...
    Last edited by mmoc843d0e919e; 2013-03-16 at 01:14 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    [/COLOR]

With PE the earth elemental gets a stun, did you know? Its awesome for PvP! I did some BGs as resto and it worked well. Plus it gives dmg reduction and increased healing if you want too (with the talent that is). So, talented, its pretty solid pvp choice.
    Not for arena so much, Unleashed Fury profits more.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    I think the current totem design is good, with exception of searing totem and magma totem (which should be deleted). I got all my abilities (including totems) bound to keys.
    searing totem is argueable, but magma totem is awesome. place it at flag = aoe the flag! <3

I have all of them keybound, the one I use the most are in the better keys, and while we dont use totens all the time like before, we do really use them a lot.

At first it's appear weird, but after some time you will see that this use of totens are a lot better.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post

searing totem is argueable, but magma totem is awesome. place it at flag = aoe the flag! <3
    Don't tell me that aoeshitfest is still going on in BG's? AoE spells should not interrupt flag capturing, it's the most annoying feature ever :P I haven't played PvP basically at all in MoP.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.