Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I'm worried about being a ranged class having to aim spells at people.. Yuck..will never land one..
    Hopefully they'll treat it like they are the healers, multiple ways of using the telegraph system like placed AOE and telegraphs with reach. It was just in the reddit thing

I don't think they've said no to being able to tab target (or something like it) though.

Actually, now that I think about it, the first released gameplay videos were using the esper class in a ranged role, so this may be a good thing to go back and look at for a better idea
    Last edited by Delanath; 2013-03-16 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I'm worried about being a ranged class having to aim spells at people.. Yuck..will never land one..
    You will get better at it the longer you do it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You will get better at it the longer you do it.
    And have infinitely more fun with it in the long run.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    You know you can choose right?

In the recent AMA, they stated it all depends on the individual, if one healer wants to slots their action bar will only targeted heals he or she can, if one healer wants to slot their action bar with only telegraphed heals he or she can, if one healer wants to slot their action bar with aoe healing fields they can.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 05:27 PM ----------

Guessing u guys are a bit suck in the loop for information.

Loads of things were answered on the AMA they did on reddit.

I can't post a link due to my posting count but just google Wildstar Reddit and it's like the first google link and 3rd link on the reddit page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakeru View Post
    You know you can choose right?

In the recent AMA, they stated it all depends on the individual, if one healer wants to slots their action bar will only targeted heals he or she can, if one healer wants to slot their action bar with only telegraphed heals he or she can, if one healer wants to slot their action bar with aoe healing fields they can.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 05:27 PM ----------

Guessing u guys are a bit suck in the loop for information.

Loads of things were answered on the AMA they did on reddit.

I can't post a link due to my posting count but just google Wildstar Reddit and it's like the first google link and 3rd link on the reddit page.
    inb4 "where's my mouse over healing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kakeru View Post
    The AMA link was posted back a few pages, don't feel too bad for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    And have infinitely more fun with it in the long run.
    I thought you were the one wanting WoW style combat?

If theyre gonna do limited action bars, I hope they make it so you can pick every slot yourself. The GW2 model didn't give enough choices with half the slots already filled with your weapon and heal.

Interesting that each class will only use one weapon type. I wonder how they will work loot drops.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Interesting that each class will only use one weapon type. I wonder how they will work loot drops.
    Probably just the same way Tera works. Every class only uses on weapon and if extra ones drop, tough luck. Though, you can dismantle them for crafting items, or sell them on again via the auction house.

Maybe they'll fix it by having personal loot, much like LFR mode in WoW? I think the Tera model works just as well as the WoW model though, since they're both the same really anyways. If a 2 handed axe drops a priest or hunter can't use it anyways, so it's no different if there's only say 8 classes and something drops for one that none of the others can use.

I suppose that also stops some loot drama, since there's no over-lap then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Probably just the same way Tera works. Every class only uses on weapon and if extra ones drop, tough luck. Though, you can dismantle them for crafting items, or sell them on again via the auction house.

Maybe they'll fix it by having personal loot, much like LFR mode in WoW? I think the Tera model works just as well as the WoW model though, since they're both the same really anyways. If a 2 handed axe drops a priest or hunter can't use it anyways, so it's no different if there's only say 8 classes and something drops for one that none of the others can use.

I suppose that also stops some loot drama, since there's no over-lap then
    No loot drama. Now that would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    No loot drama. Now that would be something.
    You'd still get in-class drama, since say you've got 2 warriors in your 10 man guild and a warrior only weapon drops in a raid (made up numbers, i've not got a clue what their raid sizes will be, if any raids at all), they'll both argue. But you wouldn't have say both the warriors and a death knight and a paladin all wanting it.

Armour-drama (which needs to be the name of a fantasy clothing store), will still exist, but not so much for weapons.

Deleted
    You'd still get in-class drama, since say you've got 2 warriors in your 10 man guild and a warrior only weapon drops in a raid (made up numbers, i've not got a clue what their raid sizes will be, if any raids at all), they'll both argue. But you wouldn't have say both the warriors and a death knight and a paladin all wanting it.

Armour-drama (which needs to be the name of a fantasy clothing store), will still exist, but not so much for weapons.
    20 and 40 man raids. we dont know anything about how stats work, class gear or builds for that matter so there might not even be that much class drama but all we do know is that there wont be as much of it...

I imagine they will have personal loot drops like in GW2. Seems to be the most elegant way of handling loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    20 and 40 man raids. we dont know anything about how stats work, class gear or builds for that matter so there might not even be that much class drama but all we do know is that there wont be as much of it...
    Will there be 40man raids? Didnt play wow back in the days when they had it, seems like it was quite an experience. I dont pve much, but when I did I always enjoyed big raids more. Might consider trying it out for this one, is it true?=)

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure, 40man raids worth the developer's time, even WoW wasn't able to keep them alive with growing sub numbers ( vanillia -> tbc ), but personally i would love to play in one again. Definitely looking forward to this game
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Will there be 40man raids? Didnt play wow back in the days when they had it, seems like it was quite an experience. I dont pve much, but when I did I always enjoyed big raids more. Might consider trying it out for this one, is it true?=)
    its being made by old WoW devs.. i think alot of things will remind you of "old" WoW.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know, hope i get a beta key soon(tm)
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    its being made by old WoW devs.. i think alot of things will remind you of "old" WoW.
    It dosn't really matter who makes it, they could have ex Everquest guys working on it making 100 man raids, it dosn't mean people are going to flock back to 40 man raiding.

The only way that huge 40 mans would take off, is if they gave more loot, easier access to loot or were the only raid size. Why they're even bothering to make two seems silly. Yes it's more "epic" when you've got more people on the screen running around, but I remember back to the days of molten core and trying to get 40 people all playing at the same time was a nightmare.

I refuse to allow a game to become a second job to me and dictate at what times I can play it. If they're really serious about 40 man raiding, i'll probably hit max level and quit, as i'd assume many more would. Just look at cataclysm to proove that.

If they add 40 man LFR in, awesome, but they're really shooting them selves in the foot to aim for such a tiny niche of the mmo playerbase

If they add 40 man LFR in, awesome
    I would assume that if they are doing 40m raids that they would have something like that.
    Lots of difficulties, some geared toward LFR players with a sort of "rookie" system from tera and another set of difficulties aimed at the hardest of cores so they can dick waggle while everyone else gets to see content.

(I would imagine is must feel pretty 'meh' as a developer to make something that only 1% of your player base gets to see)

It dosn't really matter who makes it, they could have ex Everquest guys working on it making 100 man raids, it dosn't mean people are going to flock back to 40 man raiding.

The only way that huge 40 mans would take off, is if they gave more loot, easier access to loot or were the only raid size. Why they're even bothering to make two seems silly. Yes it's more "epic" when you've got more people on the screen running around, but I remember back to the days of molten core and trying to get 40 people all playing at the same time was a nightmare.

I refuse to allow a game to become a second job to me and dictate at what times I can play it. If they're really serious about 40 man raiding, i'll probably hit max level and quit, as i'd assume many more would. Just look at cataclysm to proove that.

If they add 40 man LFR in, awesome, but they're really shooting them selves in the foot to aim for such a tiny niche of the mmo playerbase
    because of xxxxxx buffs, elixirs, healthstones, food/water e.t.c. because you could not get target of target (from leader to asign cc), e.t.c. We don't know how it will be in Wildstar..It may have little to zero preparation. 40 man looks more epic...will be easier to find guilds/raid spots, big guilds will have value. I just hope they will not add anything like LFR. At the worst scenario, at least they better make it server-based.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.