Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Excuse me?
    Black Temple has to be one of the ugliest raids there is if you're judging from the palette alone.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

And no you obviously don't judge on palette alone, but some variance in colours and themes through a large raid is quite important.

I don't like ToT personally, but it certainly appears very popular. I guess as a shaman the whole thunder thing is just old news to me and I've never been fond of trolls either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I should've created an "Other" option as well as waiting 3-4 months. lmao
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    I should've created an "Other" option as well as waiting 3-4 months. lmao
    Yes you should... 1,5 week is too little to know if a tier is good. After just 1 week, even Dragon Soul felt good lollll

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Only enslaved all of Pandaria and kept a titan as a pet, but nothing major obviously.

But you're probably right, being possessed by a helmet and given control of a bunch of zombies is so much more impressive.

No, No, No.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs a second poll asking the people who voted if they have even finished ToT yet. Kind of hard for any of us to give an opinion on a raid that's been out for 2-3 weeks ;/

I would like to see people's responses a year from now though.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You gotta admit, Thunder King did come outta nowhere...
    Except he didn't if you actually fucking READ QUEST TEXT IN KUN-LAI, But shit I forgot. WoW players are ADD retards and can't read.

"DUR, WHATZ DEEZ SHINEY LATERS ON TEH SCREENZORS ME KILL NOW. ME PRO DPS"
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-17 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Cant be serious poll surely?!?
    Tot better than black temple and original naxx? Not a chance...when them raids was released it was beyond epic! And not to mention other raids that was just as impressive as cata and mop raids....Kara , opening of aq40 and the run up for server firsts...fuck that shit even killing Vaelastrasz the Corrupt before he destroyed your guild was a bigger experience.
    Opening AQ40 sucked. Period. Anyone that said it was awesome has their memory clouded with nostalgia. It was literally everyone on your faction grinding mats for one guild to get anything. At. All. That was sucky design, but seeing as it was Classic, it is to be expected, they hadn't learned yet. Kara is nice, but Ulduar is better and WAS better than Kara(not saying Kara is bad by any means, except the Chess Game, it can burn in hell) and personally I believe ToT IS better than BT and Naxx in it's entirety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You gotta admit, Thunder King did come outta nowhere...
    His story was seeded in Kun'Lai, you even follow the trolls in an attempt to stop the resurrection of the Thunder King

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    No disrespect to ToT or people in this thread, but I really hope that everyone understands that raiding Ulduar at level 85 or 90 is absolutely not even close to raiding Ulduar in ilvl 213s when it was current content.

I understand that a lot of the Wotlk raiders are gone, and I understand that even fewer people actually experience Ulduar during Wotlk, but I can assure you that it isn't just nostalgia that keeps Ulduar as everyone's favorite.... it was just an amazing raid.

ToT is good, and I understand people have different opinions, but every time someone mentions DS or FL in the same rank as Ulduar I want to kill a puppy. Blizzard is doing a good job with current tiers, but they still don't live up to Ulduar (while it was current... killing all the bosses in ilvl 500s or soloing the bosses is not at all the same).
    Raided Ulduar when current, didn't enjoy it near as much as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Content wise, this is definitely one of the better tiers. It is still struggling under the weight of bad direction on systems.

Casual guilds who do normal modes still get most of their upgrades outside of those raid instances, its still not alt friendly, and it still rewards time played much more than it rewards skill or knowledge.

I'd give the edge to Ulduar because of those issues and ulduar had real raid encounter innovations with its specialty hard modes, that innovation is something really creative the likes of which we hadn't seen before and haven't seen since.
    They already said they aren't doing hardmodes again. Too hard to think of different mechanics for the hardmodes AND heroics. It's like trying to make 36 bosses out of 13.

After a year or two no one will ever talk about ToT as much as we talk right now about Ulduar/ICC.

It's obvious that people are voting 5.2 because it's new and shiny thing, the best thing is that most people didn't even see the full content of this patch (dailies + full raid).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    After a year or two no one will ever talk about ToT as much as we talk right now about Ulduar/ICC.

It's obvious that people are voting 5.2 because it's new and shiny thing, the best thing is that most people didn't even see the full content of this patch (dailies + full raid).
    And from the looks of it neither have you besides LFR which is fucking lol. You didn't even finish the last tier of raiding.

But go ahead and take that elitest attitude
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-17 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    there was so much lore behind lich king making him the ultimate villain that can never be achieved again in this games history.

^ this
    LOL. Sargeras laughs at your comment as he picks angels out of his teeth.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    We call it Throne of Trash. Because that's really all it is.

None of the bosses are as memorable as Ulduar. Ji-Kun has a unique room and platform. Animus is different but stupid easy in normal mode. Most of the bosses aren't hard, except for megaera if undergeared, and just have a ton of abilities you have to learn. It's basically like if every single fight was Fire Fighter.

Twins is an interesting fight, but way too easy in normal. We didn't even use the celestials because we couldn't decide on a time to use them. Two shot it.
    Really??? One of the bosses is a GIANT......FREAKING......TRICERATOPS!!!

I had to take ICC on this. I will never forget the raiding we did in Project Mayhem, clearing ICC25HC, Ulduar, ToGC25 and RS25HC every Wed/Thur for mounts and stuff every week let alone the GM raging. Good times Reason for not taking ToT is because I think it's a bit to early still. But I am sure it will be high on my list, I really enjoy the raid as well as the other content that came with it. Best instance ever made? Karazhan.

Reason of taking ICC over Ulduar is basically that while doing ICC, I did Ulduar as well, liking both of these a lot. Seeing Vanilla Naxxramas is in the choice as well, this brings a lot of nostalgia but problem with the nostalgia is that the memories may be overrated to the point where it wasn't close to as "epic" as I remember it. In fact it was probably a pain in the ass, farming mats and not having all the "quality of life" options we have now.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-17 at 07:32 PM.

No, a tier with this obscene amount of bugs cannot be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No, a tier with this obscene amount of bugs cannot be the best.
    Bugs? What bugs? All I see is Trolls and Mogu.

Nothing tops seeing the beginning of algalon. I remember doing zero lights and then going to alg. Was so glorious. I don't thi k anything can top that feel I had. It sent shivers down my spine the first alg pull. I remember we were at like 7 minutes left when we finally killed it. Miss that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Really??? One of the bosses is a GIANT......FREAKING......TRICERATOPS!!!
    And he shares a *similar* model with trash that appears on the island.... Also, he kind of just looks like Galleons big brother to me :/ Most of this thread is subjective opinion but I agree that MoP has no real flair for lore (in my case) as i have played warcraft universe since Orcs and Humans. For me, the universe will end when we FINALLY confront Sargeras but for now I will not be re-subbing once my game time runs out as it just is not compelling game play mechanically and in story telling -- it is an mmo-RPG with little to no role playing :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Catasylah View Post
    And he shares a *similar* model with trash that appears on the island.... Also, he kind of just looks like Galleons big brother to me :/ Most of this thread is subjective opinion but I agree that MoP has no real flair for lore (in my case) as i have played warcraft universe since Orcs and Humans. For me, the universe will end when we FINALLY confront Sargeras but for now I will not be re-subbing once my game time runs out as it just is not compelling game play mechanically and in story telling -- it is an mmo-RPG with little to no role playing :/.
    So you never looked for the lore scrolls, or listened to the quests while going through the new zones? This expac is supposed to have the whole "Lost World" feel to it which I think is awesome, and think they delivered on 100%. I'm sorry that all the characters you saw in WC 1 and 2 have become Mary Sues but that's no reason to hate on MoP, which has a giant WEALTH of new lore.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
    Bugs? What bugs? All I see is Trolls and Mogu.
    You, win ALL the internets.