Returning after 5.2 release, gearing up

Hello all, had a quick question about the new patch regarding gearing up with LFRs. I remember seeing a blue post mentioning that you should get loot more often(iirc) in the LFRs to help catch-up and be on the right iLVL for the new raid.

Is gearing up fairly quick now with these changes? When I started gearing up my rogue about 1.5 months back (via LFR since I came in late) I'd get a little lucky on getting something. Sometimes I'd get nothing, ontop of nothing, and with bonus rolls still nothing...while other times I'd literally get something 3 bosses in a row (happened once but it was glorious). Was really wanting to take another try at raiding, and was hoping that 5.2 LFRs are much friendly for people with the late start!

thanks!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    they have doubled the drop rate of 5.1 gear in LFR and via coins, so yes gearing to 480 should be very quick, getting higher will take longser but with 522 gear available for valour its not too bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    Hello all, had a quick question about the new patch regarding gearing up with LFRs. I remember seeing a blue post mentioning that you should get loot more often(iirc) in the LFRs to help catch-up and be on the right iLVL for the new raid.

Is gearing up fairly quick now with these changes? When I started gearing up my rogue about 1.5 months back (via LFR since I came in late) I'd get a little lucky on getting something. Sometimes I'd get nothing, ontop of nothing, and with bonus rolls still nothing...while other times I'd literally get something 3 bosses in a row (happened once but it was glorious). Was really wanting to take another try at raiding, and was hoping that 5.2 LFRs are much friendly for people with the late start!

thanks!
    It was for me anyways, im pvp geared and decided to do raid finder - end of the week i have 8 pieces, then bought a 522 trinket with valor as ToT RF get you to like friendly unlocking loads of gear

It was quicker for my alt but I have no real evidence to prove that it is that way for all alts. I went from 470 to 482 in a day from LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post

thanks!
    ToT LFR is as it is supposed to be. You may or may not get 480 via T14 LFR and dungeons.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Sounds a lot better. 8 pieces is definitely a change. After like 12 bosses or whatever I was able to do with my rogue (since my Ilvl was lower I couldnt do all 5.1 LFRs) Id still come out with nothing.