Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Still 3/12 after 6 raid nights, time to quit guild?

Our 25m raid is just bad. The RL is 6/12 with his 10m team but has trouble leading the 25m team to kill Tortos with 3 nights of attempts. From what I see, we have 3-4 bad ranged dps/healers, who keep dying at some point from rockfall or the bats (we kite the bats). Sometimes the ranged dps is not high enough to get the turtles down fast enough. Our best try was around 30% and even if we do kill it finally I dont see how we can do it consistently, just like we were stuck on council for a while after getting the first kill. Does my raid sound hopeless? It's gonna suck so much if I quit because I have not even gotten one loot and have not used 1 dkp.

Do you like your guild?
    If yes, try to help them fix/recruit.
    If no, quit and try and find something better, just do it in a decent way and not "Hey guys its 10 minutes before raid and you need a new main tank (role is an example), PEACE!"

Your RL leads both a 10m and 25m raid team? That seems like a recipe for discontent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I would say no, only 4000 guilds have killed 4th boss total. 800 on 25man. 1400 25man guild have taken down grand empress the hardest normal 25man boss in tier 14. so yea it's still fresh. i would like to see some logs or something, but really if you already about to take the leap and leave then might be best just to do it, since everytime u wipe on that boss u will hate the guild more and more. Maybe it's better to leave while the memory of the guild would be good . its up to u ofc. About the loot thats only good hate ppl who takes all the gear and leave.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like your guild just needs to better gear those players in your raid so they can have a chance at performing better. With the patch this new as well as the raid, give it time before you contemplate leaving the guild.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Sounds more like your guild just needs to better gear those players in your raid so they can have a chance at performing better. With the patch this new as well as the raid, give it time before you contemplate leaving the guild.
    Gear won't move you out of rockfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Gear your good players, not the bads.

If you're asking this question your guild is better off without you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    the grass is always greener somewhere else right? If you think you can find a guild with higher progression that wants you, then just send them an application and do their trial period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they're bad... if you don't one shot it... someone in the group didn't do his/her work. This is the exact reason why I hate PvE... no one puts enough effort in or atleast as much as I do... It's the noobs who can't do top end dps... it's the noobs who don't read up the fights and die to easy mechanics... it's the noobs who click and aren't aware of their surroundings... it's the noobs who don't know their class so all they do is their 5 button rotation but won't do anything outside of their role... I hate PvE because people can't get stuff done. I'd leave in a heart beat... I have a low tolerance for people who call themselves or want to be hardcore raiders, but don't put forth the time or effort outside the game. I'd say find a new guild, your guild is struggling to filter out all the bad players.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

OP, what is it that keeps you raiding? Is it the gear? Is it the friends? Is it the feeling of working on a boss and finally getting it down?

If you were to one shot every boss, what fun would there be? My guild struggled at Tortos for a a week. We bounced back and got it on our second week.

What it boils down to is this. Do you like the guild and the people you raid with? Are you willing to put effort into trying to help the players that tunnel vision on aspects of a fight? Are you willing to try and help recruit players that can possibly replace the under performers? If you answered no to any of those, than you need to reevaluate what you are looking for in a guild. Gear should always be the last things that should keep you from being happy. If your guild is a lost cause, there are plenty of 25 man guilds out there that are struggling with recruitment. Just know that all guilds are going to face road blocks. It happens. How you handle those road blocks is what is going to decide if you, as a guild, will succeed or fail.

If you aren't 11/12 heroic right now then to someone you are the noob. Theres always someone better than you are, maybe you should remember that, noob.

Don't be an ass. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-19 at 01:43 PM.

You looking for personal progression, or guild progression? Because it sounds like you just wanna get a guild to cut to the front of the line, instead of put the time in assisting your struggling guild with getting there itself.

Personally, i would stay as long as the guild was staying reasonably close to the overall advancement curve on my serve/faction. If you start to fall behind while failing to improve, may be time to move on. AFTER you have put in some reasonable effort.

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    OP, what is it that keeps you raiding? Is it the gear? Is it the friends? Is it the feeling of working on a boss and finally getting it down?

If you were to one shot every boss, what fun would there be? My guild struggled at Tortos for a a week. We bounced back and got it on our second week.

What it boils down to is this. Do you like the guild and the people you raid with? Are you willing to put effort into trying to help the players that tunnel vision on aspects of a fight? Are you willing to try and help recruit players that can possibly replace the under performers? If you answered no to any of those, than you need to reevaluate what you are looking for in a guild. Gear should always be the last things that should keep you from being happy. If your guild is a lost cause, there are plenty of 25 man guilds out there that are struggling with recruitment. Just know that all guilds are going to face road blocks. It happens. How you handle those road blocks is what is going to decide if you, as a guild, will succeed or fail.
    60+ wipes arent fun when you can do with 20.

Deleted
    You have way more than 3-4 bad healers/dps if you are struggling on tortos after six nights^^. On topic, it's up to you what you aim for and what you want in a guild, and if you have what it takes to get that if you leave. From what I hear you don't really have any sense of loyalty towards your guild (not being able to "steal" loot as the biggest loss about leaving, that's honestly just pathetic), and it sounds like you want way more, so I'd advice you to quit asap. If you actually will be able to join a better guild is an entirely different matter, link some logs?^^

Deleted
    Some of the replies here are a little bit harsh.

It's not unreasonable to want to progress, and it's frustrating if you're playing to the best of your ability but it feels like the same handful of people are causing problems without looking to fix. 3 nights is what, 6-12 hours or more depending on your "normal" raid slots. That should be more than enough to become a master of such a simplistic fight, where unless you're the tank/batkite/kicker your only job is to dps or heal and not stand in blue circles.

I think you should start looking OP. Especially if your raid leader/GM is incompetent and isn't actively looking to replace the few people pulling the raid down because "hey why should I care, I'm clearing 10man anyways".

15+ Year Old Account
    How much did you clear in MSV/HoF/ToeS with that 25 group?

why would you kite bats? I kick shells for my group, and there's always enough shells to interrupt his breath with leftover ones to debuff bats. just call out you're debuffing then you nuke them down (before quake stomp)

sounds like your raid lead is wasting everyone's time with crazy strats. its normal modes stop over thinking them.

Dear OP,

There's a few issues with your post.

First of all, you're only looking at others. In your post, you're blaming GM, and dps/healers who die of bats (that are being kited, in which case the kiter isn't doing a good job or someone (i'm looking at you hunters) has decided to root them). Are you sure it's rockfall direct hit killing them or is it unavoidable aoe, in which case the problem will lie elsewhere. And how's your raid cd usage, are you actively contributing to getting those sorted and using your personals? Are turtles being consistently slowed, also by you, if you are capable of it? Are they dying fast enough, have you looked up guides or vids or information that could help your guild or are you just joining and expecting the raid to fix itself and the boss to die on its own?

Secondly - That's the thing, I get the impression you're not really putting all that effort in it yourself. You see, when I hear players blame others, the first thing I will notice when I play with him/her is how much he's lacking him/herself in so many areas. In short, if you like your guild, I do believe you should take your own advice as well and have a hard look at you and your own performance, and what you can do better both in play as well as in preparation/contribution.

If however you don't like your guild and you believe you're better off elsewhere, then by all means. At the end that choice is totally personal and none of us can help you with that. I'd personally not call your guild noobish, I have many friends who haven't even touched ToT yet because just having jin'rokh look at them will wipe them. That's totally fine, they are having a great time in their guild and progress as they like. Maybe there's inexperience, or slow learning. What do I know. The decision is up to you, but don't be too quick on pointing fingers. You're after all part of the wipegroup, too.