[Frost] Pet's frostbolt noob question

I noticed that sometimes after a single frostbolt cast i get 2 FoF procs (with no frost orb flying around).

Does pet's frostbolt has a chance to proc FoF?

No.

Your successful Frostbolts, Frostfire Bolts and Frozen Orb hits have a 15% chance, your Blizzard ticks have a 5% chance.

The Fingers of Frost effect causes your next Ice Lance or Deep Freeze to act as if your target were frozen, and increases Ice Lance damage by 25% for 15 sec.

Limit 2 charges.
    Last edited by dandex; 2013-03-19 at 11:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does the triple strike from glyphed Icy Veins have 3 chances to proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Does the triple strike from glyphed Icy Veins have 3 chances to proc?
    No it doesn't. The triple hit frostbolts just have an increased proc chance. From what I can tell procs are generated when you finish the cast not when it hits the target.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by dandex View Post
    No.

Your successful Frostbolts, Frostfire Bolts and Frozen Orb hits have a 15% chance, your Blizzard ticks have a 5% chance, and your successful Scorches have a 10% chance to grant you the Fingers of Frost effect.

The Fingers of Frost effect causes your next Ice Lance or Deep Freeze to act as if your target were frozen, and increases Ice Lance damage by 25% for 15 sec.

Limit 2 charges.
    And you can ignore the bit about scorch since that is a fire only ability now.

Deleted
    Argg, I always forget that glyphed Icy veins have an hidden 1.2 multiplier to FoF proc rate. It's one of the reason it's so powerful. Especially since they remove FoF-freeze from Boss.

Didn't they increase the chances in patch 5.2? Because we lost the FoF of pet nova. Is Icy Veins glyph worth using now? I didn't use it right because I think increase dot tick speed is also a DPS boost. I tend to use FrostFirebolt when I get over 50% haste

Deleted
    Icy veins glyph was worth using and is still now, its almost mandatory with all the haste gear and trinkets we have.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnmean View Post
    And you can ignore the bit about scorch since that is a fire only ability now.
    Yes i know, but i just copied this from wowhead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dandex View Post

Scorches have a 10% chance to grant you the Fingers of Frost effect.
    No, it does not.

Deleted
    Scorches isn't usable for Frost since 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by zandiy View Post
    No, it does not.
    I know.. But you surely don't read what's right above your post...

EDIT: i edited the first reply so it doesn't include scorch.
    Last edited by dandex; 2013-03-19 at 11:31 AM.