Boomkin DPS - Single target help!

Hello guys, I am trying to work on my single target DPS. I am usually top DPS when it comes to multi target, e.g first boss in mv or council of elders (been doing it on LFR and this fight seems perfect for balance). When it comes to single target I am way behind all the classes. Here is my rotation, armory.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3mana/advanced

1. 25 energy to Lunar power
    2. Incarnation: CoE + NV + berserk > wrath
    3. lunar eclipse
    4. Moonfire + Sunfire
    5. starsurge
    6. Starfire x7 (starfall when first expire)
    7. Entering solar
    8. Celestial Alignment
    9. Refresh Dots
    10. Starfall
    11. Starfire to the end of Celestial
    12. Wrath x4
    13. Starfall
    14. NV
    15. Starfire >>>

REPEAT

Wrong rotation.

0. Put your mushrooms before pull on the boss location (where he will be tanked).
    1. 25 energy to lunar.
    2. Starfall
    3. Wrath
    4. Lunar Eclipse
    5. Incarnation + NV (if thats the level 90 talent you chose)
    6. Moonfire + sunfire
    7. Starsurge
    8. Starfall again if it dropped. If not do 1 x Starfire then do starfall.
    9. Starfire till your energy reaches 0... ( be in the middle of the energy bar) Not in solar not in lunar.
    10. Celestial Alignment + berserk ( you should by now have 15 seconds left from incarnation and NV) meaning you got a full 15 seconds of Incarnation + nv + celestial alignment + the berserked dots. If you have a on use trinket now would be the time to use it.
    11. DO 1 moonfire or 1 sunfire and blow up your mushrooms. (they are not on the global cd)
    12. starsurge on CD or on PROCS
    13. spam starfire till all cd's drop and you will enter solar.
    14. NOTE- 2 seconds before the cooldowns drop refresh your dots by doing 1 moonfire or sunfire.
    15. continue your rotation normally from this point
    Last edited by sarj313; 2013-03-18 at 02:05 PM.

------ Thank you <Shyama88 > for this amazing signature ! ------

Deleted
    Ive seen some freaky rotations but this one must be on top, no offense ment btw i would be really curious how you started doing this OP?

Deleted
    One thing to amend with sarj313's rotation: you should refresh your DoTs towards the end of CA (and if you have pre-planted mushrooms, use them during CA as well).

Yes that is correct Tecton. I forgot to add it. Ill edit my post.

Minor dps increase if you use moonfire second in lunar and first in solar.

Can you elaborate more on that Reyzzz... Why would you do that ?

From what I know and the elitist jerks post will say aswell is this :

When casting two DoTs at the beginning of Eclipse: cast the Eclipsed DoT, then the uneclipsed DoT (unless you expect to clip the Eclipsed DoT for any reason)
    So if you enter Lunar > cast moonfire first . if you enter Solar > cast sunfire first.

Quote Originally Posted by sarj313 View Post
    Can you elaborate more on that Reyzzz... Why would you do that ?

From what I know and the elitist jerks post will say aswell is this :

So if you enter Lunar > cast moonfire first . if you enter Solar > cast sunfire first.
    I thought it was because you get lunar shower to boost eclipsed dot?

Quote Originally Posted by sarj313 View Post
    Wrong rotation.

0. Put your mushrooms before pull on the boss location (where he will be tanked).
    1. 25 energy to lunar.
    2. Starfall
    3. Wrath
    4. Lunar Eclipse
    5. Incarnation + NV (if thats the level 90 talent you chose)
    6. Moonfire + sunfire
    7. Starsurge
    8. Starfall again if it dropped. If not do 1 x Starfire then do starfall.
    9. Starfire till your energy reaches 0... ( be in the middle of the energy bar) Not in solar not in lunar.
    10. Celestial Alignment + berserk ( you should by now have 15 seconds left from incarnation and NV) meaning you got a full 15 seconds of Incarnation + nv + celestial alignment + the berserked dots. If you have a on use trinket now would be the time to use it.
    11. DO 1 moonfire or 1 sunfire and blow up your mushrooms. (they are not on the global cd)
    12. starsurge on CD or on PROCS
    13. spam starfire till all cd's drop and you will enter solar.
    14. NOTE- 2 seconds before the cooldowns drop refresh your dots by doing 1 moonfire or sunfire.
    15. continue your rotation normally from this point
    It's the same rotation I posted -.- you just call CA at the middle which is pointless, let me explain. While you enter lunar and you cast "berserk" you can easly go to solar from that point just by using starfire. i think it's better to cast CA soonest you reach solar becasue then you will be able to use 2x starfall instead of 1 and you only waste like 5sec of your NV/Inca.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I thought it was because you get lunar shower to boost eclipsed dot?
    That was correct at start of expansion, but now with current levels of haste and crit, you are almost never able to cast the uneclipsed DoT first simply because the haste makes cicles shorter and crit extends the DoT quite a bit. So in your strategy you would overwrite the previously eclipsed DoT currently rolling.

You are far better off refreshing the first that falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Demologize View Post
    It's the same rotation I posted -.- you just call CA at the middle which is pointless, let me explain. While you enter lunar and you cast "berserk" you can easly go to solar from that point just by using starfire. i think it's better to cast CA soonest you reach solar becasue then you will be able to use 2x starfall instead of 1 and you only waste like 5sec of your NV/Inca.
    Your logic is flawed in so many levels.

• Incarnation lasts 30sec. CA lasts 15 sec. Berserking lasts 10 sec. From 100 Lunar to 0 takes roughly 15 sec. See the pattern there?

1. 75 Eclipse energy before Lunar
    2. Starfall #1
    3. Wrath
    4. -Lunar-
    5. Incarnation (30sec) (+NV if you have it, should be macroed together)
    6. MF + SuF
    7. Starsurge
    8. Starfire times x until Starfall #1 drops
    9. Starfall #2
    10. Starfire+SS until 0 Eclipse energy
    11. CA+Berserk (15sec + 10sec) (Inc (+ NV) roughly 15sec)
    12. -You now have 15sec of Inc+CA+Ber-
    13. MF (applies both dots)
    14. Starfall #3 when Starfall #2 drops
    15. Starfire+SS until ~5 sec left of Inc+CA so you can include the last secs of Bers.
    16. Last supercharged MF
    17. Continue with Starfires until Solar for normal cycles.

• In your version you waste Inc while traveling to Solar which wastes damage, as Inc only works when in an Eclipse or under CA. You also waste the Solar eclipse and its NG by popping CA over it.

• You should have been aiming for 3 Starfalls like above instead of your maximum 2.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-03-18 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Typo and clarification

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demologize View Post
    /facepalm

youre wasting inc and its remaining time. check your spellbook and its description. inc lasts for 30 secs, CA for 15 .. get it? while popping ca right after entering solar, youre wasting a "free" NG aswell. further youre wasting the 1st starfall BEFORE entering lunar. so the rotation should start like this

75 pre lunar
    1st starfall
    prepot
    wrath
    (entering lunar)
    sunfire then moonfire (lunar shower)
    starsurge on cd / on proc
    2nd starfall right after the 1st ran out
    starfire till 0 energy
    CA, racials, trinkets, MF (you could macro all these stuff)
    starfire / starsurge on cd/proc
    3rd starfall after the 2nd ran out
    reapply both dots with a single MF before CA drops (~1s before berserk drops) + DONT refresh em untill they ran out
    starfire / starsurge towards solar
    wrath till lunar + refresh dots ~1s before they ran out
    starfall on cd (1st cast on lunar) or save it for upcoming aoe phases
    repeat

/edit: someone was quicker than me
    Last edited by mmoc6f8237de2f; 2013-03-18 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Juvencus I refresh mine before zerker drops (with 5 seconds left of CA) this means dots drop off just before i'm leaving solar, so I can redot at the end of solar and then towards the end of the next lunar.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Rekk go away.

Shoo....

Hi there, I'm kinda hijacking this thread since I have some questions pertaining to Boomkin DPS mechanics. I'm helplessly new to the class and playing it as my alt, so I haven't been here to research all these things I don't have the answer to mid fight.

One thing I am confused on is, say a situation where my Moonfire dot falls off in the middle of my wrath section and I need to cast 3 more wraths to hit Lunar Eclipse. Should I redot regardless and then reapply when eclipse happens? Not at all? Not refresh it? Kinda a minor thing but I'm just wondering whats best in that situation.

Also, I think this is an obvious answer but I'd like to hear it from other people. Say in fights where there are more than one target to attack, like Stone Guards or Council of Elders, should I focus on dotting all targets, all the time? Even if it makes it so that I'm doing nothing but dotting, Starsurge and starfall the entire fight?

Sorry if these are all answered to death already.

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Hi there, I'm kinda hijacking this thread since I have some questions pertaining to Boomkin DPS mechanics. I'm helplessly new to the class and playing it as my alt, so I haven't been here to research all these things I don't have the answer to mid fight.

One thing I am confused on is, say a situation where my Moonfire dot falls off in the middle of my wrath section and I need to cast 3 more wraths to hit Lunar Eclipse. Should I redot regardless and then reapply when eclipse happens? Not at all? Not refresh it? Kinda a minor thing but I'm just wondering whats best in that situation.

Also, I think this is an obvious answer but I'd like to hear it from other people. Say in fights where there are more than one target to attack, like Stone Guards or Council of Elders, should I focus on dotting all targets, all the time? Even if it makes it so that I'm doing nothing but dotting, Starsurge and starfall the entire fight?

Sorry if these are all answered to death already.
    You shouldn't (have to) apply uneclipsed DoTs, it's simply not worth it. What you should however is preplan before you leave an eclipse and before NG drops and see if they would drop midway and refresh them with those buffs still up.

Multidotting refers to applying dots to all targets once (maybe refresh original target if they are dropping before eclipse+NG drop, in case you got many targets to cover) and then moving to next eclipse to do the same while greatly assisted by SS procs.

Some multidoting fights you will apply both dots to all, some only eclipsed dot. I believe (and doing it) that's up to 3 targets both dots, for 4 and up both dots to focus target and rest eclipse only. But correct me if I'm wrong.