Rof

any way to cast rof on a target without hover click ?

Deleted
    Sorry If this has been asked before. New to destro in mop, on the guide it gives : Sup/Observer 172596 Mastery == Haste > Crit, as the stat priority, although I know this is probably only in BiS hc t15 gear.
    When I sim my char I get the opposite: Crit (1.9)> Haste(1.76)>Mastery(1.64).

I just want to confirm, following the sim stat priority is what I should be going for atm right? (I am asking incase there is something that simcraft is not considering or if there is some kind of bug).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    Look for a thread to post your question in next time, please. We have this perfectly good Destruction guide + discussion that you could have used.

To answer your question, no, there is no way to use RoF without using the target reticule.

Destro on Primordius is so much fun. MF + RoF = Casting CBs pretty much the whole fight.

Deleted
    @InsertStrangeNameHere:

interesting so yes it is possible that haste is still the best stat even when you are getting below GCD during heroism etc. with incinerate but we need more data to be sure!

Btw does simcraft even add a heroism phase?

Deleted
    Destro on Primordius is so much fun. MF + RoF = Casting CBs pretty much the whole fight.
    I'm chain casting Chaos bolts on Council of Elders H too for three days
    Definitely playing Mast>Crit>Haste on this fight, GoSac is the best from my napkin maths on WoL, but not my much surprisingly.

Deleted
    okay I found a line that bloodlust should be active in Simcraft but the line confuses me:

Start Refresh Interval Trigger Up-Time Benefit
    1.0 0.0 0.0sec 0.0sec 9.05% 11.91%

Deleted
    Start Refresh Interval Trigger Up-Time Benefit
    1.0 0.0 0.0sec 0.0sec 9.05% 11.91%
    Starts at 1 sec
    No refresh => Only 1 BL per fight
    No interval => Only 1 BL per fight
    Trigger ?
    Uptime => Player had the BL buff during 9,05% of the fight length
    Benefit => Player benefited from the BL buff during 11,91% of the fight length (on Immolate I guess)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    @InsertStrangeNameHere:

interesting so yes it is possible that haste is still the best stat even when you are getting below GCD during heroism etc. with incinerate but we need more data to be sure!

yes it dose tho simcraft is really just general idea...doesnt account for player skill...and unforeseen events during raid..

Deleted
    Hey guys does anybody have a macro to shadowburn my current target and cast it on my mouseover?

I was playing around with it in last nights raid but could only get it to do 1 or the other. Was trying to ninja some extra embers without changing target on 1 keybind.

Deleted
    stat priorities, follow guide or follow simcraft?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by souldrain View Post
    Hey guys does anybody have a macro to shadowburn my current target and cast it on my mouseover?

I was playing around with it in last nights raid but could only get it to do 1 or the other. Was trying to ninja some extra embers without changing target on 1 keybind.
    This is what I use:

Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists,harm,nodead][target=target] Shadowburn

Deleted

Thumbs up

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    No. 10 chars

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Sorry If this has been asked before. New to destro in mop, on the guide it gives : Sup/Observer 172596 Mastery == Haste > Crit, as the stat priority, although I know this is probably only in BiS hc t15 gear.
    When I sim my char I get the opposite: Crit (1.9)> Haste(1.76)>Mastery(1.64).

I just want to confirm, following the sim stat priority is what I should be going for atm right? (I am asking incase there is something that simcraft is not considering or if there is some kind of bug).
    If simcraft is telling you that crit is your best stat, then it probably is. That doesn't mean you should drop ALL your haste and mastery for crit! All it means is that +50 or +100 or whatever interval you used you'll gain more DPS by gaining that amount in crit, than you would if you'd gained that amount in haste or mastery.

It also doesn't mean jack-squat once you get past that interval.

If you're looking for more useful information you should look into the reforge plot option of simc rather than scale factors.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    @InsertStrangeNameHere:

I was never really talking about haste being devalued in reference to heroism. (As that is accounted for in the sim itself that produced the result that haste was the best stat to gain)

I was more referring to other temporary haste effects such as a trinket proc adding onto the effect and potentially reducing the value of haste below crit.

I don't think that there's much reason to worry about haste vs crit on single target.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    yes it dose tho simcraft is really just general idea...doesnt account for player skill...and unforeseen events during raid..
    Simcraft does account for player skill.

Simcraft can (but doesn't by default) have unforeseen raid events. You can add them into your APL easily.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by souldrain View Post

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    Will cast shadowburn on your mouseover if it's an enemy and isn't dead, or if that's not the case then it'll cast it on your target.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    stat priorities, follow guide or follow simcraft?
    The guide is just that, a guide. It provides general information and tries to be specific when possible.

As always Simcraft will be more accurate for your character than ANY guide could ever dream to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brusalk View Post
    no. 10 chars

---------- post added 2013-03-18 at 11:48 am ----------

if simcraft is telling you that crit is your best stat, then it probably is. that doesn't mean you should drop all your haste and mastery for crit! all it means is that +50 or +100 or whatever interval you used you'll gain more dps by gaining that amount in crit, than you would if you'd gained that amount in haste or mastery.

It also doesn't mean jack-squat once you get past that interval.

If you're looking for more useful information you should look into the reforge plot option of simc rather than scale factors.

---------- post added 2013-03-18 at 11:50 am ----------

i was never really talking about haste being devalued in reference to heroism. (as that is accounted for in the sim itself that produced the result that haste was the best stat to gain)

i was more referring to other temporary haste effects such as a trinket proc adding onto the effect and potentially reducing the value of haste below crit.

i don't think that there's much reason to worry about haste vs crit on single target.

---------- post added 2013-03-18 at 11:51 am ----------

simcraft does account for player skill.

Simcraft can (but doesn't by default) have unforeseen raid events. You can add them into your apl easily.

---------- post added 2013-03-18 at 11:52 am ----------

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]shadowburn
    will cast shadowburn on your mouseover if it's an enemy and isn't dead, or if that's not the case then it'll cast it on your target.

---------- post added 2013-03-18 at 11:53 am ----------

the guide is just that, a guide. It provides general information and tries to be specific when possible.

As always simcraft will be more accurate for your character than any guide could ever dream to be.
    brusalk for the win!!!!!!!

Yeah really. We greatly appreciate the work.

Now go do your homework. Don't flunk out for us!

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    brusalk for the win!!!!!!!

Quick question though..

Did you manually remove every single capital letter from my post for that quote?

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Yeah really. We greatly appreciate the work.

Now go do your homework. Don't flunk out for us!
    D:

I just got done with my first of 4 finals. I'm taking a break before I study for my one tomorrow and then raid ToT later on :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

Quick question though..

Did you manually remove every single capital letter from my post for that quote?

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 12:31 PM ----------

D:

I just got done with my first of 4 finals. I'm taking a break before I study for my one tomorrow and then raid ToT later on :P
    maybe 0_o o_0 0_0

Where do you guys cast RoF on magera? Isn't there some kind of bug when you can cast it between them, or something like that, and even though the recticle isn't over the graphic of any dragon it hits like all of them? Also, should I be taking MF for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Where do you guys cast RoF on magera? Isn't there some kind of bug when you can cast it between them, or something like that, and even though the recticle isn't over the graphic of any dragon it hits like all of them? Also, should I be taking MF for this fight?
    On normal you can hit every head spawn with a non-MF'd RoF. (Put it basically right between the far right and the far left spawn)

On heroic you can't hit every head spawn with a non-MF'd RoF (though the only combo you can't is Venom/Arcane)