10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Vegeta in a nutshell.

I need One Piece. No chapter or episode last week.
    vegeta they kept because fans loved him, but they killed him a few times, made him really apart of the story etc

as for lets saaaayyy any character who dies in bleach..... they are not really the main characters. the white haired captain.... gets a freakin hole in the chest by a brain damaged wonderwiess and gets to live.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-03-18 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    as for lets saaaayyy any character who dies in bleach..... they are not really the main characters.
    There was a major exception in the current arc, but Bleach is kind of similar to One Piece where only 1/10 mortal injuries actually result in death.

Of course, if it wasn't for the Dragon Balls being able to bring back pretty much anyone, there would likely have been a lot fewer main character deaths in DB.

10+ Year Old Account
    but they build it into the story as to how they dont stay dead. its a fundamental part of the story. it does get abused. but it is a focal of the story

in bleaches case. its just to please fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what Toriyama's original plan was with Vegeta. If like you said Genn Toriyama kept him because he was popular, was he supposed to die for good on Namek or something?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Don't hate, Bleach is good. Go rage about Shit Piece instead, it will amuse me.
    never really watched it and never read it.

bleach is just going what the hell mode.... hes this and that and this he is MED'AN Itchigo is def medan

its like with sasuke and itachi.... sasuke now has no actual reason to be a character other than to... continue for the sake of nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what Toriyama's original plan was with Vegeta. If like you said Genn Toriyama kept him because he was popular, was he supposed to die for good on Namek or something?
    That probably wouldn't have made sense because of the wish to bring back everyone killed by Frieza and his men (hmm, what about the minions Frieza killed himself?). I suppose the alternative was him to stay dead after the Buu redemption, and stay dead since he had already been wished back once. Instead of Vegito, Gohan would have actually caught the earring and not get absorbed, and then we'd have Gohku.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 11:38 PM ----------

Can we stop talking about other manga/anime now? It was one thing when we were comparing them to DBZ, but now we're comparing them to each other and criticizing. Seems like a different thread topic to bring it up in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    That probably wouldn't have made sense because of the wish to bring back everyone killed by Frieza and his men (hmm, what about the minions Frieza killed himself?). I suppose the alternative was him to stay dead after the Buu redemption, and stay dead since he had already been wished back once. Instead of Vegito, Gohan would have actually caught the earring and not get absorbed, and then we'd have Gohku.
    But he could have lumped Vegeta in with "Frieza's men" even if he was rebelling. Dunno, I'm just curious because people justify Vegeta's rather lackluster endeavors in the later stages of DBZ by saying Toriyama allegedly hates Vegeta.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    But he could have lumped Vegeta in with "Frieza's men" even if he was rebelling. Dunno, I'm just curious because people justify Vegeta's rather lackluster endeavors in the later stages of DBZ by saying Toriyama allegedly hates Vegeta.

tori did not like vegeta. but instead of giving him plot armor to please the fans. he wrote him into the main story, made him a main character etc. unlike grimmjow who is still alive it seems and will more then likly have plot armor as to how he is alive and make a brief apperance and not a main character. same for how halibel is still alive or why they had histugiya beat her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was making a post about how DBZ wouldn't be able to do the other Saga if Vegeta had remained dead, but then I decided to make up how it would have turned out.

Future Trunks never exists, same with present Trunks. Instead of killing off Future Gohan in F. Trunks backstory, F. Gohan survives and he's the one who comes back in time. Most of the Android/Cell Saga precedes as usual. Although, it might make it a bit strange for F. Gohan to see present Gohan reach SS2.

Buu Saga is where it gets complicated. Imagine all the parts up to Vegeta's death. Now remove all scenes with Majin Vegeta and try to think of a character that could fill in. Probably the closest person they have is Piccolo, but this is after he re-fused with Kami, so any evil in his heart is at the bare minimum, and he seemed to accept that Goku was better than him back in the Saiyan Saga.

10+ Year Old Account
    tori's favorite is piccolo i could see him making him the majin though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    tori's favorite is piccolo i could see him making him the majin though
    To me, that would kind of be out of nowhere. With Vegeta, you could always see his bad side. In the Saiyan/Frieza Sagas, it was obvious, and during the Android/Cell Sagas, he may not have been evil, but he was certainly selfish. His only 'good' moment was attempting to avenge Future Trunks.

Piccolo, on the other hand, has not only been on the good side for nearly all of DBZ, he also lost most of his bad side during Gohan's training. He showed several moments of self-sacrifice, saving Gohan from Nappa and Goku from Frieza. By the time that he had fused with Nail, his only bad quality left was a short temper. Before Kami fused with him, Kami said that the evil in his heart had pretty much disappeared, and it would be even less after fusing with a pure good being like Kami.

For Piccolo to suddenly say "Screw this, I'm better than Goku" wouldn't make much sense to me. I only mentioned him because the other characters are even less likely. If it was more comedic, maybe for Krillin or Yamcha have finally taken too much of being the butt monkeys, but that would make it hard to take the Majin speeches serious, and Majin Vegeta's were some of the best in the series.

Deleted
    It was a basic concept of DB/early DBZ that enemys become allies... Goku had to beat Yamcha before they became friends, Tien was a badass before he fought Goku and later allied with him against Piccolo. Then Piccolo was really really evil wanting to conquer the world until he allied with Goku to beat the Saiyans. Vegeta is the last one in this row getting beat by Goku & co and then joining them against Frieza.
    18 and Fat Buu also were villians but then became friends of the Z Fighter but they never played big parts in the story anymore.

I had sex with vegito.. I am writing this from the afterlife

idk I watched dbz over 10 years ago, and still remembered there was 3 forms of super saiyan.
    you think creating it, you'd have a more vivid memory than someone who only watched it as a child.
    /shrug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    idk I watched dbz over 10 years ago, and still remembered there was 3 forms of super saiyan.
    you think creating it, you'd have a more vivid memory than someone who only watched it as a child.
    /shrug.
    Yeah kinda weird. :P

Also I always wondered why Cell had electronic music as themes...it is weird. 0_o

And this:

GOOSEBUMPS.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-03-18 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    I had sex with vegito.. I am writing this from the afterlife

talk..about being..fucked haha figure..youd have a ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Saiyan God, is it only good for one use or can Goku transform to it at will? We shall see. From the way they've made it, it seems like you need to have 6 saiyans every time the form is to be used. Looks like it's not a form Goku can use whenever he wants, but I'm hoping I'm wrong because it could seriously make for an interesting fusion if Vegeta is the only one needing to be granted the form by 6 saiyans.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-03-19 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they make a series out of it. I love bills already.

The reason he is even fighting is the best! total tori move

buu not sharing his snacks! fuck all y'all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Super Saiyan God, is it only good for one use or can Goku transform to it at will? We shall see. From the way they've made it, it seems like you need to have 6 saiyans every time the form is to be used. Looks like it's not a form Goku can use whenever he wants, but I'm hoping I'm wrong because it could seriously make for an interesting fusion if Vegeta is the only one needing to be granted the form by 6 saiyans.
    To me it sounds like he's only able to tap into that power when the other Saiyans let him. Kind of like the other fighters granting Goku their energy against Broly.

And seeing the scans, I was at first a bit letdown by the subtlety of the transformation. I mean, it's just a different hair colour.
    But then again, Super Saiyan 1 was mostly just a change of hair colour as well. Maybe it just needs to grow on me. I think it's different enough from Kaoiken and it will probably look awesome in action.

And the ending of this movie does seem to imply more movies or maybe even a new series. And what about all the new information that came along with this movie? 12 universes? a new transformation that requires teamwork? multiple god enemies and not even the first one gets defeated in this movie? Yeah, sounds like it created a lot of possibilities for future content. A new series might very well be possible at this point.

I'd also like to see Vegeta go Super Saiyan God at some point. Give the guy a break already.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 09:31 PM ----------

i want buu ice cream. ME WANT ICE CREAM NOW!