Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This topic is new and interesting.

Been happening with hardcore gamers before WoW...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    lol @ the people here.

95% of that is really good stuff, essentially telling other, less informed people, how to prepare your body for long periods of sedentary activtiy, with little sleep. It is good advice, especially for your run of the mill, Dorito gobbling, Mountain Dew drinking, gamer. All of it is actually helpfull, the bad part is choosing to sit on your ass for 18 hours a day to begin with. But that is not news, is it? That is top 10 progression raiding, its all about stamina...

If anything, it is helping people who choose to do this, be more healthy, and safe.

Yes, at the end it addresses potential drug use, not really advocating it. Shocking, I know, it's a scary world out there. Reefer madness, etc... JUST SAY NO!
    i'm quite baffled to read such a well formulated, educated and intelligent comment here. even if this may sound like irony, i really mean it. i wish more gamers had your education and smartness. keep it that way, someday the world will be a better place because people KNOW what they are doing!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just like anything else that someone does to themselves, it doesn't affect me so let them have at it.

Nothing wrong with Adderall, I always take it once new patches come so I can do all the new achievements to get to #1... not.

On a serious note though, as someone said, he didn't suggest or asked people to take it. That part as well as the rest of the document is more of a suggestive post to higher the efficiency of their raiding. Just take a look at the SC2 players in Korea, living like a pluton or something and training all day etc. If you want to be on the top or compete for the #1 you have to be ahead of the other competitors. Look at other sports (cycling LOL).

Deleted
    Made a thread about this on the WoW EU forums. It got deleted (not just locked unlike most threads) in a few seconds and my account got banned.

Deleted
    That's just pathetic, even peeing in a bottle is incredibly pathetic. They aren't even getting anything from their world firsts, just a free vent server maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    That's just pathetic, even peeing in a bottle is incredibly pathetic. They aren't even getting anything from their world firsts, just a free vent server maybe.
    Do it for the glory, young padawan.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Do it for the glory, young padawan.
    Yes because shitting in your pants and taking drugs to kill a boss before someone else in a meaningless game is glorious : /

Deleted
    damn 10/10 troll

Deleted
    I admit I sometimes take stims while playing WoW and they make me play better, but that's not the only reason I take them

But doing speed just to play wow 24/7 is pathetic.

lmao, because its sooooo important.if your raiding in a VIDEOGAME has reached that point there are some serious issues with your gaming habits and life choices.dont get me wrong i totally believe in"to each their own" but some things border on stupid and this is without a doubt one of them.

world firsts ,lol,folks should find something else to put their energy into, this isnt going to get them anywhere in the real world.and before all you "this is what they do for living" defenders,i will say most folks who do that stuff "for a living"a lot of times(and ive seen tons of vids and read lots of forums on these types of "gamers"...) live with their parents ,grandmas, aunts or uncles and arent thinking about the future and later in life.sorry but these people wont be "professional gamers" in their 50's nor will they have socked away enough money from their "heyday" to call it good.trust me.

wow is just a moment in time, in all our lives........

Wow, this is just a whole new level of sad.

Deleted
    I totally understand how much it could mean to somebody getting world first. But i think the issue of world first kills is found in the fact that this article, not only is talking about "doping" but also about diet and eating... something which should not be linked to a game. This stuff is mainly for athletes in sport and it baffles me that players are talking about "eating while progressing".

The boundary to wow being a fun fantasy game and reality just got a little closer folks........

I did a /who blood legion on the first day of heroic raids last week, and they were in there from 12 in the afternoon until 3am. That is about 15 hours. I thought that was crazy, but the very next day they kept that same schedule. If my math adds up by my brief /who checks, they raided over 60 hours this week in game, dare I say closer to 80, but I wont speculate . Not to mention they still play the game before and after raids, doing dailies and whatnot.

That sounds painful and sad.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Not your body and not your problem?

Deleted
    Not sure if serious, but hey how is them being on meth different them me being high when playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Not sure if serious, but hey how is them being on meth different them me being high when playing?
    Because world firsts used to be a 30-40 hours per week deal.. now it has doubled in recent years to insanely unhealthy levels.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

how is that different from redbulls and coffee? i dont think any of those can help in 1week, max 3days, then you will crash and go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    lol Imagine that. Middle of a pull when you hear a knock at the door. It's Bashiok standing there with a little cup asking you to give him a sample.

Race for world firsts is a competition. You have to do whatever can give you and your team an edge I guess.
    No... you really don't have to do whatever can give you and your team an edge... especially at the expense of your own health or somebody elses.

You can want to do it... but you never, ever, ever HAVE to do it. :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by featser View Post
    well the world first race people are already pretty pathetic

if you aint doping you aint trying right?
    I remember when the Nintendo Wii was coming out, and a co-worker decided to go wait in line overnight for it. A fellow co-worker looked at him and said "You go and do that. Meanwhile I'll be at home... sleeping... in my warm bed... with my wife..."

Deleted
    Meh. Why give these World First racers so much attention?