Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Pfft.. good mages use Arcane or Fire for it, requires more skill but gives much higher dps.
    And this is good because when you have higher dps, the mob gives you more loot?

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    And this is good because when you have higher dps, the mob gives you more loot?
    Well if you technically kill it faster, you can move to the next one faster. The higher the rate you kill them, the more chances at loot. The more chances at loot, the higher the frequency you will see mounts drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sianl View Post
    Well if you technically kill it faster, you can move to the next one faster. The higher the rate you kill them, the more chances at loot. The more chances at loot, the higher the frequency you will see mounts drop.
    Not necessarily, because they still have their respawn timer - if you kill the last one before the first one respawns, you gain nothing.

Efficiency up to the peak of respawning then. If you are not at the peak but would be if you changed, then it would be an increase. Obviously only in this scenario.

I don't like the change. While I support the snare & taunt part, the interrupt immunity is just plain stupid. Sure, some classes could solo them, but they made a mistake and they were dead. They should either make them interruptable again or remove the fear part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The whole point of the rares was to force team play and make people be nice to each other. You aren't meant to solo them even as a tank.
    I did two with an mage, we're both brawlers guild rank 8+ so I'm pretty sure we know what we were doing. I was healing and he was DPSing and I was pretty much oom at the halfway fight and kept healing with the return mana. Why? Because the Zandalari Warbringer was nearly unkiteable and hit for 1/3 to half the hp of the mage.
    Had a far, far, far easier time with a plate dps class, simply because he didn't hit anywhere near as hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    It was always intended that you would need a tank and/or a healer.
    A healer wont help certain classes unless they have good, very good gear. If you want to safely do it you need a tank, but a tank doesn't need you because he can solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianl View Post
    Snare immunity is fine, taunt immunity is fine, cc immunity is fine, interrupt immunity is not fine. The fear's base mechanic was always to interrupt it, not to dispel it. Over all this is an improvement, but should be edited on that one portion.
    Interrupt immunity isn't fine, neither is slow immunity since certain classes can't tank him no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Thank you Blizzard! Now me - a blood DK - is the ONLY spec that can safely solo these. I don't care about their immunity to interrupts since I just eat the fear with AMS or Consecrated Ground or Lichborne or even my human racial. I don't care about their immunity to CC such as slows - I didn't need to kite them in the first place, I can just take the damage.

Thank you thank you thank you Blizzard! This gave me pretty much monopoly on killing Warbringers! I already got 2 mount colors. Only one left. On our realm, no one is soloing these guys anymore except me and a few other DKs. This is so much easier now.
    Stupidly easy for prot warriors too. Just takes a while.

But sucks that I can't solo them on my ele shaman anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Just tried to solo one, and you cannot taunt off people now, stun, or interrupt the fear cast.

Now you need at least two people, depending on what four abilities the spawn has. The fear is brutal.
    I have soloed them. The fear is inconsequential as it does not last long enough for the mob to do any damage of note.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, because that would mean that their drops would have to be made much rarer.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 07:34 AM ----------

Pfft.. good mages use Arcane or Fire for it, requires more skill but gives much higher dps.
    o...............k................. so "good" mages do not use the most damaging spec why?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    [...]Making them immune to snares and such makes me wonder if it's just snares or dazes as well (and as such, would likely stop hunters from soloing them by kiting indefinitely).
    Still quite easily solo'ed as hunter while kiting... sure concussive shot daze doesn't work anymore but that doesn't hinder you to use aspect of the cheetah and while the warbringer is casting any of his abilities he has to stand still giving you enough time to get some distance and outrange the fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    With shuriken toss? I thought they couldn't be snared.

Shuriken doesn't snare anyway, DT was needed for this. I pick Burst of Speed in Case they catch up, otherwise just Shuriken Toss + SnD/Recup. Still pretty, just taking longer (before I would go in melee range with evasion, pop cds and run after a Gouge).

Quote Originally Posted by Neronex View Post
    Still quite easily solo'ed as hunter while kiting... sure concussive shot daze doesn't work anymore but that doesn't hinder you to use aspect of the cheetah and while the warbringer is casting any of his abilities he has to stand still giving you enough time to get some distance and outrange the fear.
    This. As a fire mage, all I have to do is spam scorch and kite him to the ends of the earth while outranging his 30yd fear. Blink when things get dicey. But the fact that he has so many casts should grant you that distance.
    Signature credit to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah...I spent most of the day yesterday duo'ing about 20 of these on my mistweaver with my husband's fury warrior. It'll definitely be slightly more difficult if he can't interrupt some of the attacks, but still doable as long as I can dispel the fears quickly.

I'm kind of glad to know that I won't have to worry about anyone else who shows up trying to reset it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    It isnt fixed, its worse, I cant solo them anymore, you cant even fucking daze shot them.
    They're meant to be for groups though I thought? In that case, the fact people can't solo them now I would class them as fixed.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    No longer soloable ? No longer griefable ? Fixed indeed. Like it.

Deleted
    So, now you require a tank to kill it, but tanks can still solo this. That's a great fix indeed. The taunt immunity is great, but not being able to snare it or interrupt the cast thats just overkill.

Don't really understand the immunity to snares, but hey, still killable. And no, you don't require a tank to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The whole 'taunt to reset' asshattery shouldn't have really been possible in the first place, at least while-ever they're not tag-shared. Making them immune to snares and such makes me wonder if it's just snares or dazes as well (and as such, would likely stop hunters from soloing them by kiting indefinitely).
    Hunters can stil solo it. You need too have some talents tho. And pets stil aggro them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Don't really understand the immunity to snares, but hey, still killable. And no, you don't require a tank to kill them.
    Well, we just killed one with ele shaman / resto druid but its a pain in the ass. So, a tank isn't needed, but with one its so much easier

as a prot warrior nothing has changed, still as easy to solo as before hotfixes

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Can we griefers still generate aggro via normal attacks and have the Warbringers turn to us and reset them?
    Should still be able to do that but probably difficult to do against another tank considering they'll have ~15k vengeance.