Warcraft 4 in WoW (Idea)

A LOT of people have asked for Warcraft 4, and a LOT of people have said that isnt likely to happen while WoW is around.

My idea is this:

have entire quest chains/scenarios, where your put into a RTS style "minigame" (not so mini?)! basically, put Warcraft 4 INTO WoW!

This would be my dream come true. You would be able to give the RTS fans some love, you would be adding a MASSIVE new feature to WoW, have a new way to tell the storyline AND do all this without separating the community.

Suggestions: Well they keep trying to bring the WAR back into WARcraft, this would allow players to view and participate in large scale wars more easily.

People become very attached to their hero, and through out Warcraft games we have been in control of Heroes! so why not have OUR character as the "Leading hero" in at least some of the scenarios?

PVP - New Battleground TYPE - COMMANDER! Have a map with two bases on either side of the map, they start out with only a basic command structure. While the players fight it out for control of major points of the map, the "Commander" (have it as a seperate queue option) controls NPC's and can build up defenses/siege weapons for the other players to use etc and basic units to help out in the battleground (think it of like a more fleshed out version of how you could summon units in AV)

Scenarios - (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT COULD OF BEEN IN MoP! obviously the lore would of moved on by this point and it would be a different storyline) 5.1 gave us a massive war between the alliance and horde. Only we didnt REALLY see a lot of a war. We had dailies involving going and killing a few members of the opposite faction, destroy a building or two and kill a few "important" NPC's.
    With this system you would be able to let us plan, and control a large epic war-zone, seeing many units slay each other, bases get built and destroyed and instead of having a quest telling us that resources are important for the faction, we would be actively trying to control and use the resources ourselves to SEE and BE the effect.

Quests - Control an elite group of soldiers, using tactics to place them around, either to control all of them in RTS, or just PLAN out their routes etc, while we then take back over our characters and fight with them (Think of it as a bit like the old Tom Clancy games where you would choose a route, weapon and tactics for your squad before taking part in the fights. Maybe even let us CHOOSE if we wanna do the whole thing in RTS or go back to controlling our character)

I know a lot of this isnt possible, and not everyone will even like the idea, but its just random ideas that was floating around in my head that I decided to share with the community, I would LOVE to hear other peoples ideas! (and no, I dont know if this is even remotely possible, it just sounds cool in my head!)
    Last edited by firadesunna; 2013-03-17 at 11:46 PM.

What about the people that started playing wow instead of an rts because they enjoyed mmos?

What if I don't want to pay a monthly subscription to play an RTS?

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I want war4 for it's editor which will be beastly and probably better than sc2's ? also I like the color pallete in warcraft more than sc....

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    What about the people that started playing wow instead of an rts because they enjoyed mmos?
    Hence why in my idea, I put in there choices! you CAN do the specified quests in RTS mode if you WANTED, you can do it as a mixture of RTS and controlling your character if you WANTED, OR you could just play as your character if you WA(I think you get the idea...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    I dont even get this? your still playing WoW, still paying for WoW :S where did you even get this theory from? im really confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    What if I want war4 for it's editor which will be beastly and probably better than sc2's ? also I like the color pallete in warcraft more than sc....
    So you would prefer not to have more features in WoW, just because you cant have another game? read the first chapter of my post, about this being an idea BECAUSE we wont be getting warcraft 4, at least for a long while...

Quote Originally Posted by firadesunna View Post
    I dont even get this? your still playing WoW, still paying for WoW :S where did you even get this theory from? im really confused...
    Try again, I haven't played WoW in years. Why should people who have an interest in the story, but no interest in playing a gear treadmill, be forced to pay a monthly fee to play a game which should be standalone?

My idea was to have a "hero unit" crossover.

For the Warcraft IV RTS - there would be generic Horde/Alliance "Hero battle armor" along with every race/gender model. Then you can "import" your character (ie. a snapshot of their race, sex and class) and generate a "hero unit" with their name and special abilities associated with their class. Your character would not literally transfer over from WoW - it would just be a snapshot.

For example, I have a Male Rogue human. When I "import" him into WCIV: It creates a male human with a special set of Alliance armor (conveniently covering the head and face...) that has some key Rogue special abilities. Thus creating the illusion of having your WoW character in WCIV without any major technical issues or graphics to import.

After you would beat the WCIV campaign, you can then "re-import" (basically re-flag your WoW account) that you have beaten the WCIV campaign. Rewards would be things like special titles, an acheesement, and one I'd like to see is a special transmog set of armor based around the Hero Unit armor you wore during the WCIV campaign.

this will never work. because the wow engine is to old.(its a moddified war3 engine). and putting a game thats worth 50 buck inside a mmo is stupid. it takes to much of there and will never get the money back. so no it won't work. giving war4 via a kinda like annual pass again sounds nice:P

What about all the people who want WC4 but not WoW? You're literally forcing them to buy/sub to a game they don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    What about all the people who want WC4 but not WoW? You're literally forcing them to buy/sub to a game they don't want.
    Pretty much this.
    I personally don't like mixing different games together anyways, horrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Both are very valid points. I can see a "slight" minigame like the pet battles, or the Plants v Zombie thing, or even the whack-a-mole and other features in the DMF. I think the "inception" style gaming should not be brought to fruition. I play for the MMO immersion, not to log into a game to play another game. Just like the arcade games in GTA4, it's cute for a minute, but it far from great content for that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to make Warcraft 4 is to create a game between 2 expansions. When you finish Warcraft 4 you get the ending of one era of the WoW (our era), or might end certain War subject, and make plot for New war that will take Place in 15-20 Years from now. We will be facing new characters and Old-new characters like all grown up Anduin, or slightly elder Tyrande and Malfurion etc. Because Blizzard is playing around same characters, making them bad or insane - breaking our hearts and its getting boring and disappointing.

Or other way to bring Warcraft 4 is to tell story from past or distant future not to interfere our Lore in WoW and not to make any spoilers for next expansion. But I'd like to see first version of game, said above.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!