10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You lost me at physics!
    It's man stuff don't worry. Science and Engineering and Maths and whatnot D:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I focus on tanking

stupid question, I'm really new to Paladin tanking. Is there a point where we just gem stam? I've been using askmrrobot and that's what it's been telling me to do so I figured I would ask here to double check

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    stupid question, I'm really new to Paladin tanking. Is there a point where we just gem stam? I've been using askmrrobot and that's what it's been telling me to do so I figured I would ask here to double check
    You can if you want. Which stat to gem for can be argued. AskMrRobot standard weights for paladins are based on Thecks mindset on tanking, which is also based a lot on 25 man tanking.

Some paladins like big health pools, others like secondary stats. Neither of which are wrong.

There just is not a single answer, you have to figure out yourself what you like the best. Personally I prefer gemming secondary stats, and if I need stamina for a fight, I rather use stamina flask / stamina trinket than gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    Unless you're doing the later parts of 25m or Heroics, your base Health will be more than enough, and the reduced intake from secondary gems becomes more useful than a pool of health you'll never dip into unless your healers dc/go afk

As Firefly said, common strat is to have Stam trinkets & consumables for certain fights, rather than gemming stamina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Unless you're doing the later parts of 25m or Heroics, your base Health will be more than enough, and the reduced intake from secondary gems becomes more useful than a pool of health you'll never dip into unless your healers dc/go afk

As Firefly said, common strat is to have Stam trinkets & consumables for certain fights, rather than gemming stamina
    Well, that is all dependant on his gear. I felt very uncomfortable on a lot of the ToT bosses in my horrible shit gear.
    Especially on tortos normal as we only used 1 tank there, and my health pool was just above 600k.

If he have like below 490 ilvl, I wouldn't blame him for opting into stamina gems before heading into ToT normals.

If he have like below 490 ilvl, I wouldn't blame him for opting into stamina gems before heading into ToT normals.
    Then that can be the exception to the rule at which point you gem stamina

Although from a healer perspective, if you have less gear I'd be more happy for you to gear for damage smoothing than health, as even fully geared tanks are difficult to heal on the fights let alone someone with little to no damage reduction

Deleted
    Just got into an argument in a pug (paladin prot) about my gearing.

"parry is the best defensive stat"
    "noxxic says so!"
    "Are you saying that noxxic is wrong?"

I litterly got keyboard inprints on my forehead from all the deskbashing that followed.

He was like laughing at me and everything before the first boss (did MSV for the lulz).

For the rest of the raid after that he was asking me for advice on how to gear and how to play paladin... Some people...

Just got into an argument in a pug (paladin prot) about my gearing.

"parry is the best defensive stat"
    "noxxic says so!"
    "Are you saying that noxxic is wrong?"

I litterly got keyboard inprints on my forehead from all the deskbashing that followed.

He was like laughing at me and everything before the first boss (did MSV for the lulz).

For the rest of the raid after that he was asking me for advice on how to gear and how to play paladin... Some people...
    Was fairly sure that even noxxic changed their builds to haste/mastery one.

Also, how exactly were you handling solo tanking on tort ? (Cooldown for bats / # of healers / external cd's ? )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Was fairly sure that even noxxic changed their builds to haste/mastery one.
    They added them, alongside the avoidance one, but they still put stamina as the highest priority in every build.

Solo tanking Tort normal is pretty cake. With Unglyphed DivProt and UbS you can manage bites and bats like a champ. If quake is upcoming soon, use of a larger CD OR Blinding Light also makes it really easy on the healers. If you do dip, WOG tops off instantly; besides, 1-2 heals on the bats isnt that bad.

Kick the shell through the bats and you chew through them with stupid high vengeance.

Obv this doesn't fly on heroic, but it's a fun solo tank on normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Did not use any external cooldowns. Very simple. When tanking bats, I tried to use minor cooldowns like DP, Stoneform (dwarf yo), mastery use trinket, etc, just something minor. And if bats was still alive for the quake for some reason, I popped a major cooldown.

Save SotR for snaps, make sure you have SotR for all snaps + quake. Only use outside of snap/quake if you have 5 HoPo.

I intentionally did not use a SotR on the snap right before bats spawned. This would drop me low, to like 200-300ish. Which allowed me to heal myself more with SoI = I get 100% healing aggro on bats. By using SotR before the snap, I usually got aggro on bats. But it happened that a boomkin got aggro on 1-2 of the bats with his starfall, or a healer spam AoE healed and got aggro from some bats. So I just solved this by not SotRing on the last snap, giving me 100% aggro on all bats.

Doing so also gave me 5 HoPo always when the bats landed, giving me atleast 9 seconds of SotR from the start when the bats came down, which was kinda nice to have.
    Sometimes I used minor CDs right when the bats landed aswell.

We first started by using 1 tank 3 healers, then we tried 2 tanks 3 healers, but we all agreed on that it was a worse strategy. Step 1 was that the bat tank had a hard time picking up the bats as the Tortos tank got healing aggro on them. So bats was harder to control with 2 tanks. Also healers had to split their healing to much.
    So we went back to 1 tank 3 healers in the end. I know people are 2 healing this encounter but our healers was not geared nor experienced for that as 2 of them are recent rerolls, so it was not that we used 3 healers because we used 1 tank, we simply had to use 3 healers or peopel were dieng from shit.

With 1 tank 3 healers, the healers had an easier time healing the tank as they only had to focus 1 tank instead of 2.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Solo tanking Tort normal is pretty cake.
    Wouldn't say it is cake with appropriate gear levels. The tactic is cake, yes, but 1 bad timed SotR and you are dead. Not that much room for error. Was for sure harder than WotE heroic.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-18 at 06:54 PM.

Fair enough, I suppose I did outgear normal Tortos a good bit (510-512ish I think?). I didn't intend to downplay, just state that it is doable and quite easily doable with a bit more gear than the "average" raider has going in on weeks 1-3.

That said, I really enjoy Horridon and Tortos's big nuke and how it plays so well with ShotR. I guess they took a note from Sha of Fear, but those fights really show which protpal's understand AM and which are just spamming buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Have any of you guys tried solo-tanking Durumu? I'm thinking about trying that if the enrage proves tight but I'm not sure at how many stacks I should bubble up to remove'm and still have enough to last the entire fight (using clemency ofc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Have any of you guys tried solo-tanking Durumu? I'm thinking about trying that if the enrage proves tight but I'm not sure at how many stacks I should bubble up to remove'm and still have enough to last the entire fight (using clemency ofc).
    Just remove them every minute. I did the first BoP at around 5 stacks. ( shortly after the color beams started ).

Stacks should drop themselves during the maze phase.

Deleted
    Just remove them every minute. I did the first BoP at around 5 stacks. ( shortly after the color beams started ).

Have they finally rebuff BoP and Divine Shield to remove DOTS again? :O

Deleted
    They remove physical effects. Always have. Nothing changed. And DS removes magical effects aswell.

can sit around 1-2 stacks of debuff on iron qon if you are a dwarf :P, I still didn't rest til 5 stacks each time though mmm vengeance

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

I didn't get a chance to try solo tanking since our bear druid is stubborn on normals, if you take UBS will the CD on DS reset to let you drop with that or do you have to alternate DS and BoPs?

Deleted
    They remove physical effects. Always have. Nothing changed. And DS removes magical effects aswell.
    I misunderstood that post before. I was thinking back to Protectors of the Endless and how I couldn't bubble off that debuff.