Preparing for MoP raid

Okay, I hate daileys, no dailes.

So I was wondering, can you go from Heroic blue ---> Tier 14 normal ---> tier 15 normal

Without doing any dailes?

You just described the path without dailies, and you're asking if you can do it without dailies.

You can also add in some LFR for more gearing, if you want. Or do you also arbitrarily hate that?

Going from heroic blues to t14 is fine but you may have people giving you a hard time for being undergeared. If you're dps and know your rotations and stat weights you'll be fine. It'll be harder if your a tank or healer. Definitely do lfr to get some gear though. Even though you hate dailies, doing enough to get 90 charms each week is really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    You just described the path without dailies, and you're asking if you can do it without dailies.

You can also add in some LFR for more gearing, if you want. Or do you also arbitrarily hate that?
    Nah, I hate LFR with my guts, not an option.

I was just worried that you couldn't get into Tier 14 if you don't do dailies you know?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by redbaronz View Post
    Going from heroic blues to t14 is fine but you may have people giving you a hard time for being undergeared. If you're dps and know your rotations and stat weights you'll be fine. It'll be harder if your a tank or healer. Definitely do lfr to get some gear though. Even though you hate dailies, doing enough to get 90 charms each week is really helpful.
    I'll do LFR to prepare for raid and dailies to get charm when I'm rotting in my grave and the maggots are eating out my dead eye balls.

Charms for t14 now come from doing stuff on the new isle of thunder, which coincidentally includes dailies. If you kill a rare once a week, get a key and do the solo scenario you should have enough charms to get you through T14 with a bonus roll on almost everything. If you refuse to do that... well hopefully you have people willing to carry you because you aren't going to be worth much attempting to raid in blues. (Yes, I know MSV started when everyone was in blues. I was in there too, but still people aren't going to want to carry someone who straight up refuses the easiest ways to get gear.)

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Charms for t14 now come from doing stuff on the new isle of thunder, which coincidentally includes dailies. If you kill a rare once a week, get a key and do the solo scenario you should have enough charms to get you through T14 with a bonus roll on almost everything. If you refuse to do that... well hopefully you have people willing to carry you because you aren't going to be worth much attempting to raid in blues. (Yes, I know MSV started when everyone was in blues. I was in there too, but still people aren't going to want to carry someone who straight up refuses the easiest ways to get gear.)
    You talking about LFR? you don't use these charm in normal do you?

You can if you find people willing to carry you.

Put a little effort in!

Guys, how can I gear my character if I don't want to use any of the methods of gearing my character?

You do not need to do a single daily to raid, ever. Obviously it's helpful to do so, but it's not necessary.

Remember, MSV launched the second week of MoP and heaps of guilds cleared it on NM in their dungeon blues (or less). That was before you could've been revered with anyone (IIRC) and in any case you didn't have enough VP to buy anything. And LFR hadn't even launched yet.

Only do dailies if you don't mind them, and don't try to do every daily on the planet. Just do a few easy ones each day and don't worry about maxing rep and it'll be a lot less of a pain. That's my advice. But if you absolutely loathe every single daily ever, then no you 100% don't have to do them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Guys, how can I gear my character if I don't want to use any of the methods of gearing my character?
    It is now and always has been completely viable to gear entirely in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    This is what I'm talking about... people don't do normal raid cause they see gearing in LFR as better... but LFR is boring and it burn them out.

You can go into Mogu with full 5 man heroic gear and down up to Gara'jal with it, but if you want to farm those bosses until you can down Spirit Kings > Elegon > Emperor that is going to be a much longer process then doing the dailies and getting charms for LFR. Dailies are repetitive and boring, but honestly it takes 20 mins max to finish all of the dailies in Isles so its really not that bad.

Deleted
    You can pretty much skip lfr and rep grinds completely, they'll just help you reach an ilvl that's relatively easily achivable anyways (~500), will just take a little longer without them. That being said, no serious raiding guild will invite someone who can't be arsed to do enough dailies for their 3 mogu charms/week, that's a big part (especially in 10 man) of the loot that the raid gets access to, and not making use of it means that you'll gear up way slower than everyone else.

It's not that you have to do dailies/LFR, it's just the attitude you're showing feels a little off-putting. No you don't need to do any of those things, but if you absolutely refuse to do any dailies and thus have no Elder Charms/Mogu Runes (the 5.2 charms), you're deliberately hurting your chances of getting extra gear out of raids. It sounds like you want to do the very bare minimum to clear raids, and while that's fine and all, I wouldn't blame a raid guild for not wanting to bring someone with that kind of attitude.

In MoP, a large emphasis was placed on getting players to do more than just "raid log," aka log in for raid, log off until next raid. Thus there are many other avenues for getting raid level gear outside of Normal mode.

And the players who went in and cleared MSV in heroic blues were very skilled, generally those ready to start HMs the next week. Don't know if the OP is that kind of player, just saying it's not like just any random guild could go into MV in 463 and full clear in an hour.

This is what I'm talking about... people don't do normal raid cause they see gearing in LFR as better... but LFR is boring and it burn them out.
    Yep very burning out indeed. Stick your dps char in the queue and wait for 45min to get through while doing whatever (you'll hear a sound when it's up so no need to even look at WoW meanwhile), chill out semi afk for like 30 min to clear a lfr wing. Loot and move on. Not saying this is the nicest way to approach things but, hey, it's free loot that boosts your performance in real raids.

LFR is just a normal part of the progression into normal raids especially now that there are not DS style 5-mans with epics.

*Slowly backs away from thread and avoids any sudden movements*

Deleted
    You'll have trouble finding a guild to raid ToT with if you do not want to gear up.

Also I do not understand why you have something against T14 lfr. From what I read, you have never done it. You hate the lfr because... lfr? What's the difference between gearing in T14 lfr and gearing up in DS heroics?

yes. it will just be slower. and some guilds might not want you, because you're not putting in full effort.

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    You talking about LFR? you don't use these charm in normal do you?
    No, Elder Charms are for T14 bonus rolls this includes LFR/Normal/Heroic mode MSV/HoF/ToES plus Galleon and Sha.

I ran the 'weekly' loot grab solo scenario last night and got 13 of them. I was only half paying attention.

Kill one rare (or more) per week on the island and you'll get the treasure room key, which will give you as many elder charms as you can handle. An elder charm can be used for all of T14 LFR, regular and heroic T14, and the world bosses.

You CAN get through T15 normal with the route you describe, but not without a guild or a really active pugging scene on your server. So the question becomes, are you a good enough player to get into a regular raiding team without a lot of gear and without the achievements? Do you have a good reputation on your server or in your guild so that someone would be willing to carry you through some of the earlier content?

It's possible to clear bosses with the gearing strategy you describe, of course. It's also possible to clear bosses without a single gem or enchant. It's just far easier to do it if you spend the time to optimize your gear. Optimizing your gear includes having mogu coins to spend.

We have someone in our raid team who is allergic to dailies, hasn't run any since early December. He's also one of those people with lightning reflexes and a deep knowledge of his class. He has the lowest item level in our raid right now because he hasn't been buying rep gear or coining the boss kills, but he's still competing for the top of the meters. We are not carrying him. It's occasionally frustrating to think that if we could just get him a few more pieces of gear we might be able to beat a given dps check, but I can't complain when he's putting out the numbers and he's the last one to die on a progression attempt.

Unless you have a relationship with your raid team that will forgive that sort of lack of effort, it's best to do some dailies, at least now while the island is new. Later you can slack, maybe, once you've proved yourself to them.

Of course, if you're interested only in raiding with a social guild with no expectation of going beyond 4/12, then what we said above is moot. Go ahead and slack.