Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ji-Kun adds die too fast for it to be a dps increase.
    Tortos/Lei Shen - It's probably more efficient to just keep targeting the boss yourself while you spinning crane kick, also adds die relatively fast so again no dps increase from SEF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe no body has mentioned this but SEF is amazing on Garalon.
    You kill the legs with the 100% buff while your spirit does 100% more dmg to the body. I end up doing 15-20M more then anyone else.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    I can't believe no body has mentioned this but SEF is amazing on Garalon.
    You kill the legs with the 100% buff while your spirit does 100% more dmg to the body. I end up doing 15-20M more then anyone else.
    Because Garalon isn't current content and nobody really cares about bosses that can be easily killed now.

The only encounter where I really feel like SEF is useful is Twin Consorts, frankly. It's okay on Horridon but tends to die, and also okay on Council, but unfortunately on both bosses it reduces your single target when there are times where you really need to burst something. It's fine if your guild doesn't mind you doing reduced damage on the key DPS target for an overall increase, but if you're having any trouble killing whatever needs to die, you probably shouldn't have a clone on the boss or whatever. Definitely has its place on farm but meh on progression. I think it's worthless on Jinrokh, Tortos, Maegara, Ji-kun, Durumu, Primordius, Animus and Lei Shen.

It is genuinely good on Consorts for the final phase though, aside from when the second target goes immune. Probably still an effective DPS gain to throw the clone out and pull it back during the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Malanoma View Post
    Because Garalon isn't current content and nobody really cares about bosses that can be easily killed now.
    Garalon IS current content for many guilds. It may not be Progression content for top tier raiders, but it is still current for the majority of players.

Stuff from Cataclysm is stuff that isn't current content for anyone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    The only encounter where I really feel like SEF is useful is Twin Consorts, frankly. It's okay on Horridon but tends to die, and also okay on Council, but unfortunately on both bosses it reduces your single target when there are times where you really need to burst something. It's fine if your guild doesn't mind you doing reduced damage on the key DPS target for an overall increase, but if you're having any trouble killing whatever needs to die, you probably shouldn't have a clone on the boss or whatever. Definitely has its place on farm but meh on progression. I think it's worthless on Jinrokh, Tortos, Maegara, Ji-kun, Durumu, Primordius, Animus and Lei Shen.

It is genuinely good on Consorts for the final phase though, aside from when the second target goes immune. Probably still an effective DPS gain to throw the clone out and pull it back during the cast.
    Horridon has some use, but I tend not to put one on the boss. On gate 2, I am assigned interrupt duty on the third venom priest add to jump down. Because movement on the fight was causing issues with being in range of the target for a focus interrupt macro, I found it easier to just put a clone on the kill target and burn my interrupt target. On gate four, I am in charge of controlling flame casters. Again, I put a clone on the bear shamans and focus the flame casters as they come out. This avoids most of the crap with Horridon gibbing my clones and simplifies the fight for the raid somewhat.

I'll likely never be doing the fight as WW again because our raid dps goes up significantly when I tank and our DK does damage, but the opportunity is still there for SE&F to be valuable on the fight. Just don't put a clone on the boss.

Deleted
    Quick luxury question:
    Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts(N) with Claws of Shek'zeer(N) [4 Gemslots, one of them with the 500 gem, more Dancing Steel] VS. Shan-Dun, Breaker of Hope(N Thunderforged) [2 Gemslots and way more mainhand dps]

WoWhead Comparesheet

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by feinyr View Post
    quick luxury question:
    wu-lai, bladed fan of the consorts(n) with claws of shek'zeer(n) [4 gemslots, one of them with the 500 gem, more dancing steel] vs. shan-dun, breaker of hope(n thunderforged) [2 gemslots and way more mainhand dps]

wowhead comparesheet

what do you think?
    2h. 528 > 522 + 496.

Deleted
    The general rule is, if your mh and oh are the same ilvl, the 2h needs to be more than 10 ilvls higher to be an upgrade.
    For every 3 ilvl your oh is below your mh, substract 1 from your mh. So 522-496 = 26 = 9 levels substracted = 513. 500agi gem adds 3 ilvl. = 516.
    So the total is 528 2h vs 516 = bigger than 10 ilvl diff = use the 2h.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-03-19 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys!

Deleted
    In other news, yay thunderforged RoR from coin!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    *Shakes fist* damn you and your dirty little luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got an RoR too Mihir! Was super pumped when it dropped. What trinket should I pair with it, the sahdo-pan assault one, or the bottle? Bottle might have a higher chance of having its buff during the increased dmg% but shado-pan has a higher trinket ranking. Your suggestions?
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Deleted
    For me it's gonna be the bottle for now, as I got way too much hit/exp rating already. Using the talisman would put me at like 10% hit after reforging...

I really like the high uptime of the bottle as well, makes it much more likely to have them proc at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lucky man. I still have to save my DKP since the druid in my guild wants it so badly and it hasnt dropped yet :/

Am I mistaken in thinking that if 1 amazing DPS is with 5 crappy DPS, their DPS will look crappier as a result, because stuff will die slower, and bloodlust will make up a smaller portion of the timetable for the fight, but if all 6 DPS are amazing, everyone's DPS looks even higher, because bloodlust makes up a larger portion of the timetable for the fight?

For me it's gonna be the bottle for now, as I got way too much hit/exp rating already. Using the talisman would put me at like 10% hit after reforging...

I really like the high uptime of the bottle as well, makes it much more likely to have them proc at the same time.
    So what does this mean for your reforging. I noticed you dropped roughly 2k mastery, But I assume that was from the loss of Bad Juju? Are you just going to try to now allow your crit and haste levels to even out to just below your mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Am I mistaken in thinking that if 1 amazing DPS is with 5 crappy DPS, their DPS will look crappier as a result, because stuff will die slower, and bloodlust will make up a smaller portion of the timetable for the fight, but if all 6 DPS are amazing, everyone's DPS looks even higher, because bloodlust makes up a larger portion of the timetable for the fight?
    Depends on the fight. Bloodlust is not always the only factor contributing to an increase in dps. Take Halfus for example, if you have 1 great dps and 5 shitty ones, the 1 great dps gets more time in the last phase with a damage buff, which outweighs bloodlust. Hence why my guild was letting 1 dps solo Halfus in last phase to get Rank 1s back at the end of T11.

On standard fights though, you would generally be correct. The shorter the fight, the less dps decay you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    HorJust don't put a clone on the boss.
    Either it was how we tanked horridon or what my SEF bro was doing, but he was on the boss and died sparringly last week (sat this week for 2nd kill to get more people loot/kill). He sat at 0% alot of times and when I saw him was actually on the side of the boss. I was on the orb duty so having my SEF bro dps for that 10 seconds was more helpful than doing nothing for 10 secs (I think its 10 sec cast?)
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Man, the more and more I read, the more it looks like I'm going to be begging for a place in alt runs for a chance at the Bottle again. =\ That or keep my LFR Terror in the Mists forever.