Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Could the Titan's be the Xel'Naga?

Yes, probably isn't, but Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40k are essentially in the same universe, just in different time periods, and Warcraft (and Starcraft) were heavily inspired by Warhammer. It would make since that the Draenei were the first descendants of the protoss, and that the humans of Azeroth used something like the Dark Portal to colonize Earth, and that Sageras was not defeated by ancient heroes but was frozen in time. Scourge could also have been the first 'Zerg'. Since the Titan's created both the Draenei and the Scourge, it could make sense that they are the Xel'Naga. Then again, assuming something like that is saying that Diablo and Sageras are the same, just that Sanctuary is some world in the Twisting Nether.

Your thoughts?

P.S.: Ok well, what about Project Titan? You know, Blizzard ultra secert and supposedly awesome world changing MMO. Perhaps there is a connection?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-03-20 at 06:51 PM.

Starcraft and Warcraft's universe has nothing to do with each other. They are not the same.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Maybe yes, maybe no : Who knows ?

Starcraft and Warcraft's universe has nothing to do with each other. They are not the same.
    Do you have any proof about this ?
    No you don't, in fact you have no idea about it, like everyone here.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a neat thought, but the humans of Azeroth are confirmed to be the cursed, weakened descendents of the Vrykul. And I'm not sure what you mean by "Titans created the Scourge," as the plague responsible for that was a concoction from Kil'Jaden/proto-Lich King - I think.

Anyway, yea. neat thought, but I'm pretty sure Blizz has said they aren't connected Universes. Though I wouldn't mind the Zerg getting their fangs on some demon essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

There is absolutely 0 evidence to suggest that the two stories are linked together. They have completely different mythologies. Look a the xel naga and titan lore. Their MOs are very different. The ONLY connection between the two is they both have 'craft' in the title, and they're made by the same company. The only thing you could try to fall back on is the occasional easteregg, but if you go that far you have to say that these two AND DIABLO all share a universe too!

Its more than possible if they wished for it, starcraft was originally a warhammer 40k game but during its production warhammer decided they didnt want to do it anymore

then theres warcraft that was directly inspired by warhammer also (space orcs etc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I don't think that they are the same thing.
    I feel like they would have to change too many things to make the stories fit in the same world.
    Last edited by ThatCanadianGuy; 2013-03-20 at 05:55 AM.

No. No connection whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Starcraft is set in the "real world" in the 2500s. The Terrans are originally from Earth.

The universe, mythology, cosmology, and physics of the two settings are completely different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    There is absolutely 0 evidence to suggest that the two stories are linked together. They have completely different mythologies. Look a the xel naga and titan lore. Their MOs are very different. The ONLY connection between the two is they both have 'craft' in the title, and they're made by the same company. The only thing you could try to fall back on is the occasional easteregg, but if you go that far you have to say that these two AND DIABLO all share a universe too!
    As there is absolutely 0 evidence to suggest that the two stories aren't linked together.
    In the real universe (where we are living), imagine, there is a totally different planet, otherwhere in space, otherwhere in time, ruled by a race of Super-intelligent cats. How could we know it ?
    We can't say that this planet do not exist, but we can't affirm that it does.
    Same thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Starcraft is set in the "real world" in the 2500s. The Terrans are originally from Earth.

The universe, mythology, cosmology, and physics of the two settings are completely different.
    And ?
    Maybe Azeroth is in the "real" world too, localised at thousands of light-years from Earth : who knows ?
    Btw, i'm not sure that the physics are the same as Earth's one on other REAL planets.
    Same for mythology.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-20 at 05:37 AM.

And ?
    Maybe Azeroth is in the "real" world too, localised at thousands of light-years from Earth : who knows ?
    You're reacting way too strongly to the story. If Blizzard wanted it to be set in our universe, they'd say it. You're overthinking Pebrock's and Kathranis' comments way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You're reacting way too strongly to the story. If Blizzard wanted it to be set in our universe, they'd say it. You're overthinking Pebrock's and Kathranis' comments way too much.
    Not obviously, as i said, we know nothing about it, we can't verify anything, also, in my opinion, blizzard didn't even thinked about that.
    BUT maybe they did, i can't know.

As there is absolutely 0 evidence to suggest that the two stories aren't linked together.
    In the real universe (where we are living), imagine, there is a totally different planet, otherwhere in space, otherwhere in time, ruled by a race of Super-intelligent cats. How could we know it ?
    Same thing here.

And ?
    Btw, i'm not sure that the physics are the same as Earth's one on other REAL planets.
    Same for mythology.
    This guy is right! Harry Potter and Blade Runner are the same universe! All creative works are just different aspects of the same linked universe! It all makes sense!

(Yes, this was the plot of The Never Ending Story)

Deleted
    Same thing here.

And ?
    Same for mythology.
    If there is no evidence for it, why would you assume its possibility?

Not obviously, as i said, we know nothing about it, we can't verify anything, also, in my opinion, blizzard didn't even thinked about that.
    BUT maybe they did, i can't know.
    ..I..my brain hurts now.

You're confusing me with the different assumptions and which ways you're going with each post.

I'm going to go have tea and get back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    If there is no evidence for it, why would you assume its possibility?
    Cause i can't say that it's wrong, and cause i also can't say that it's true.
    Maybe it's wrong, maybe it's true, we can't prove anything about the subject.

Deleted
    Exactly, so why discuss it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe yes, maybe no : Who knows ?

do you have any proof that they are linked?

Then why start the subject to start with? There's nothing to discus other than what ifs and maybes. No proof.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated that it's not the same universe. Cant remember which Blizzcon Greg said it, though.