Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Returning player: What is the goal of PvE now?

I just started playing again after not touching the game since August. I found some equipment and build guides and got a lot further then I did the first time tackling Inferno. I actually got through Act I with no frustration.

I like the changes:

-Paragon Levels
    -Monster Power
    -Knowledgeable player-base
    -Mature gold AH economy

What is the exact goal to PvE end game? Back when I played near release it was corpse-hopping through elite mobs to cheese one's way to Diablo on Inferno. Knocking off Inferno Diablo doesn't seem like such a spectacle any more , as I think the hair-pulling frustrating elite packs were nerfed.

So what is the big challenge now? Is it leveling to Paragon Level 100 and knocking off Monster Power 10 Inferno Diablo? I tried taking out some Monster Power 10 Inferno trash mobs and each one took me five minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's leveling paragon levels, increasing MP and getting better gear to challenge higher versions of MP.

I wouldn't do MP 10 without some incredibly powerful gear. I can barely do MP3 myself.

I've also tried it, it didn't work out for me, the endless grind isn't my thing, not in this format, in wow it works for me however. Good luck.

Grind Paragon levels
    Farm Keys and do Ubers
    Try and see how high a MP you can comfortably do
    Farm Demonic Essences to make BiS crafted Gloves, Ammys, Bracers, and Shoulders
    Farm Legendaries in places like Keep 2 or Crypt of Ancients on MP10

the same thing as it was when the game first came out...
    play the game as if it were less than a minimum wage job.

Has anyone gotten an Inferno MP10 Diablo kill yet?

I wouldn't be particularly surprised as one could just use the way point from a previous Inferno run without MP. I'd imagine that elite packs with some of the more masochistic affix combinations would be much worse than Diablo.

What feat has yet to be done in softcore mode?

Legendary farming, and getting to Paragon level 100

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Has anyone gotten an Inferno MP10 Diablo kill yet?

I wouldn't be particularly surprised as one could just use the way point from a previous Inferno run without MP. I'd imagine that elite packs with some of the more masochistic affix combinations would be much worse than Diablo.

What feat has yet to be done in softcore mode?
    hrmmm. this makes me curious. i kill mp10 ubers but come to think of it i have not killed mp10 diablo. something to do this eve!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Act 3 for life granted I'm sorta enjoying it for a little bit since I haven't been on for awhile I think I intend on coming back in more of a ''casual'' form when they update the BS loot system which is in apparently 1.08

Quote Originally Posted by DemGaimzChannel View Post
    Legendary farming, and getting to Paragon level 100
    I recently returned to D3 and spent a 150mil gearing my barb. now got 115k dps unbuffed. about 700-800 all resist. My paragon level is like 5 lol. So im levelling paragon atm having a blast on my WW barb. Can legendary farming only been done on MP10? Or is there a way to farm some a lot sooner?

Killing stuff faster than you could before. Same as all video games end game.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Killing stuff faster than you could before. Same as all video games end game.
    And you set goals out for yourselves.

Bring an avatar to 60 in HC, down Diablo in inferno HC, gather gold, gather paragon levels to strike all elites in one blow on MP5 ..., get to 100 etc...

You name it: your choice, your goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    I recently returned to D3 and spent a 150mil gearing my barb. now got 115k dps unbuffed. about 700-800 all resist. My paragon level is like 5 lol. So im levelling paragon atm having a blast on my WW barb. Can legendary farming only been done on MP10? Or is there a way to farm some a lot sooner?
    I can't really farm MP10 trash myself, so I can't say. But I've heard skipping elites and killing trash on MP10 in high density places has produced more brown items per hour. It's still random of course, but that's what I've heard. I got four in one run doing my usual stuff, so it really varies. I'd rather kill stuff easier and get more kills faster than get another 150% or so Magic Find and struggle taking 30 seconds to kill a skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    hrmmm. this makes me curious. i kill mp10 ubers but come to think of it i have not killed mp10 diablo. something to do this eve!
    I forgot to do this last night. did it tonight, tho. wow, was like a 10 minute fight. pretty fun, couple close calls, hard to see cages coming with sweeping winds. my clone almost kicked my arse a couple times, too. bells.

btw, no achievement =(

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Grind Paragon levels
    Farm Keys and do Ubers
    Try and see how high a MP you can comfortably do
    Farm Demonic Essences to make BiS crafted Gloves, Ammys, Bracers, and Shoulders
    Farm Legendaries in places like Keep 2 or Crypt of Ancients on MP10
    I was not told the new BiS gloves, amulets, bracers, and shoulders were ones made with demonic essences. Could you link a guide or the plans? (Wizard, but a general thing to help out others as well would be cool if you don't mind.) I've gotten like 30 Demonic Essences but have very few things to use them on.

Is the "Amulet of Intelligence" plan or whatever it is one of those BiS ones? 200-230~ int with +5 random magic properties...

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    I forgot to do this last night. did it tonight, tho. wow, was like a 10 minute fight. pretty fun, couple close calls, hard to see cages coming with sweeping winds. my clone almost kicked my arse a couple times, too. bells.

btw, no achievement =(
    Yeah, that kinda bugs me. Blizzard didn't implement any achievements for MP levels, Uber bosses/Infernal machines... the achievements have not been updated really to follow the patch updates. Everything else is on 1.0.7... the achievements are still at 1.0.1... lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I was not told the new BiS gloves, amulets, bracers, and shoulders were ones made with demonic essences. Could you link a guide or the plans? (Wizard, but a general thing to help out others as well would be cool if you don't mind.) I've gotten like 30 Demonic Essences but have very few things to use them on.

Is the "Amulet of Intelligence" plan or whatever it is one of those BiS ones? 200-230~ int with +5 random magic properties...
    They drop like any other patterns, and have a 20% chance to drop off certain major bosses with NV stacks at 5. On softcore, they're pennies (relatively speaking), so you can just snatch them all up on the auction house.

The amulet takes an essence, a perfect square gem of the relevant stat, and a fiery brimstone. The rest take an essence and x amount of tears or exquisite essence (20-30 I think) except the shoulders just take Tomes of Secret (the rest do too but less).

They all guarantee 200+ of the primary stat plus 5 random properties. As such, they all end up being mighty powerful given a great roll. Especially for bracers, since they don't ever roll that high. I don't know about BiS, but the amulet shoulders and gloves really have no competition. One could argue a perfect pair of Lacunis for the bracers, but I'd rather not spend billions of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...4/hero/2619254

With my current amulet do you think it is worth it?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth trying to craft a new one? Yeah, assuming you have some gold to spare. It's not gonna be easy, but yours could be a lot better since it's missing three potential dps stats. For reference, I just spent almost 2 million gold crafting 14 amulets, all trash. It WOULD be a little better, but Emeralds right now are friggin 11,000 gold because for some reason they're not balanced at all. So have fun buying your dirt-ass cheap Flawless Squares and I hate you already for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penduuuulousssssss. You play on SC, yes?

I wish I could see the dps increase I'd get if I was able to get a neck with crit chance, damage, and attack speed. >_< Are we talking like 5k more dps or 20k+? O.o
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-03-21 at 04:19 AM.
    "A flower.

Play the crafting game OP

And play the AH.

And paragon levels to around level 50.

Only thing you really can do inn the game. Playing the AH is much more efficent than the actual game, but you still need demonic essences to craft some items. Else take the game for what it is...grind casually etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO