Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is there no mining/herbing nodes on the isle of thunder

I do the dailies on Isle of thunder with 3 different toons and just had a random thought of why are there no nodes located on the new isle? you can find them everywhere else but the isle. So I was just wondering if blizz was being lazy or is there a reason why they did not put them there.

I noticed that same thing. I find it very odd that there are fishing pools but no mining nodes or herbs. I'm sure they would give some technical reason for them not being there but I'm guessing that they are just being lazy.

Why is Blizzard always 'lazy' when something is not the way you want it? Do you actually think they would omit to place nodes because they are lazy? REALLY?

Could it not be that someone mined/picked it before you got there? It's awfully busy on that island.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Why is Blizzard always 'lazy' when something is not the way you want it? Do you actually think they would omit to place nodes because they are lazy? REALLY?

Could it not be that someone mined/picked it before you got there? It's awfully busy on that island.

well, if thats the case then they have a very long respawn or are very rare. ive never seen the nodes there either, was also wondering why there is none.

Might be that they want you to have reasons to go to the "old" zones, since you will be going to Isle of Thunder anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    To be honest I'm quite happy with no Mining/herbing on he isle, it's terribly crowded anyways, no need for more people coming there to farm nodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    To be honest I'm quite happy with no Mining/herbing on he isle, it's terribly crowded anyways, no need for more people coming there to farm nodes.

well, since you cant fly there it would still be better to farm nodes on the mainland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    So I was just wondering if blizz was being lazy or is there a reason why they did not put them there.
    Well, they put nodes in TB, so I don't think it's somehow related.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

May I counter with this question: Why can't they be lazy? They are human after all.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Might be that they want you to have reasons to go to the "old" zones, since you will be going to Isle of Thunder anyway.
    im not saying it has to be amazing spawn rates, there are already areas that are good for farming nodes, just strange that i havent seen a single node on the isle. I dont think adding them to the isle would stop players from going to the "old areas" to farm. But I really cant think of any other place that does not have nodes. Not saying there are no places like that, just cant think of any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which: were there herbing/mining nodes in IQD? (besides the Bloodberry of course). I honestly don't remember.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Speaking of which: were there herbing/mining nodes in IQD? (besides the Bloodberry of course). I honestly don't remember.
    yeah, there is mining nodes i know that, not sure about herbs. i used IQD to farm the rare ore for my helicopter

They could have had herbing / mining nodes that were basic and on slow respawn. That way people would not be "farming them".

Deleted
    its a lost world, Trapped in time. (the presence of super large dinosaurs seems to prove this)

The reason Herbs do not grow is that they take millions (if not billions) of years to evolve into what we see and use today, on an isle trapped in time there is no way for the to evolve. Since they have not evolved into anything we can use yet, there is no need (or way to track them)
    As for mining nodes its a similar situation, Since the isle is trapped in time, then it has not gone through the ordinary rock cycle that would bring minerals from deep underground to a point where they are easily extractable.

At least this is the theory I am working on

Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    I do the dailies on Isle of thunder with 3 different toons and just had a random thought of why are there no nodes located on the new isle? you can find them everywhere else but the isle. So I was just wondering if blizz was being lazy or is there a reason why they did not put them there.
    Not sure why they would be being lazy, seems the default term to use for Blizzard whenever something is not to a customers liking.
    Couldn't it perhaps be that they decided against nodes on the Isle, because they had reasons why? Such as there is alot already going on on the Isle, perhaps phasing issues due to the unlocking and rather than there be issues, they might turn nodes on once the whole island is unlocked?

Perhaps they decided they want you to stay to the mainland for nodes.

Or heaven forbid it was an oversight, which does not mean lazy, but a mistake. They are only human afterall

Deleted
    woops, Getting isle of thunder and isle of giants mixed up >.< Herbs nodes are probably affected by phasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't any herb or mine nodes on either island .....Giant isle has none ....and Thunder Isle same way there is none at all.....

Deleted
    Wow people really will complain about anything! Im super happy that there is no nodes, apart from fishing, its crowded anyways plus people will constantly ninja with the vast amount of mobs around.

Deleted
    think blizzard didnt want the new zone too become a main hub or higher skill herbs/ores and therefore didnt add them.
    or prehaps they figured with the zone always being flooded the respawn times on the nodes would be out of control and ppl could easily camp 3 spots and gather tons of what they're after.

but we wont know till they actually say why it aint there, personally i dnt really care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, there were. Adamantite and Mana Thistle.

It saddens me I remember this and not some of my passwords.