10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    dammit, this thread moves too fast, what is 50+ 50++???
    NG+ (New Game Plus), in general video game term, it means start the game over with your previous playthrough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    completing fractal 1 gives you gear that's required for fractal 2
    i don't know that much about the game, but is gear going to be as important as it is in WoW? or is it more like skyrim where having the absolute best armor is not super important.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know that much about the game, but is gear going to be as important as it is in WoW? or is it more like skyrim where having the absolute best armor is not super important.
    Fractal is Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    completing fractal 1 gives you gear that's required for fractal 2
    First of all gear progression isn't raiding its gear progression.

Secondly a new 5 man dungeon isn't a raid and agony doesn't make it a raid it makes it a fight mechanic, you can do lvl 70+ fractals in zero agony resist (I have) because agony is an avoidable mechanic the only time you can't avoid it is the bonus boss but I can get rezed by my team so yea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Fractal is Guild Wars 2.

well, i didn't know that. well my question is still relevent about the gear in ESO.

Since 50++ is supposed to give better gear than 50+, it looks like there will be at least some degree of gear grind. As long as you can get top-tier stuff from both AvA and 50++, though, I'll be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, i didn't know that. well my question is still relevent about the gear in ESO.
    That I don't think we know? Or I wasn't paying attention.

the problem with GW2's endgame wasn't lack of raids, it was the difficulty (too hard for casuals, too easy for hardcores) and the way you can die/run in/repeat

it was cheesy. it was hard to wipe and dodging was too powerful

i personally don't like large groups for PVE because it's a clusterfuck. i can give 100% and some stoner can give 50% and we don't accomplish shit, i don't enjoy people management and that's mostly what raiding is

— Voiceovers;
    — 'Active' combat;
    — Same zones for all characters;
    — Mindless PvP endgame;
    — Eye candy over substance;
    — Minor details like site layout and stripperific concept art.

These can lead us to conclusion that a product is designed for quick cash grab, with its main goal to keep a player for 30/60/90 days so he could not ask for refund. Sadly game designers aren't even trying anymore.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2013-03-21 at 12:02 AM.

How do any of those points (the only two that are inherently bad are "mindless PvP endgame" and "Eye candy over substance", but just because you say it doesn't make it so) suggest that the game is a quick cash grab?

"*Ketchup
    *Patty
    *Buns
    *Cheese

McDonald's is just taking our money."

Explain why your points are bad, or explain how the game has those points. "Mindless PvP endgame" and "Eye candy over substance", if those things are true, show how they're true.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-20 at 11:51 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    — Voiceovers;
    — 'Active' combat;
    — Mindless PvP endgame;

These can lead us to conclusion that a product is designed for quick cache grab, with its main goal to keep a player for 30/60/90 days so he could not ask for refund. Sadly game designers aren't even trying anymore.
    worst thing about MMO gaming these days is the attitude of the players, it reminds me of a bi-polar ex.

shit had to be great or awful, nothing in between existed, and that fucked life up
    what's got my attention is the BRAND NEW SYSTEMS they've had to DESIGN FROM SCRATCH....that reminds me of blizzard. a lot of what they're doing and how they're doing it reminds me of blizzard and at the time, blizzard was bashed for bringing their precious RTS into the MMO world
    Last edited by blackyfrost; 2013-03-20 at 11:58 AM.

As I was reading through all the preview articles from yesterday, I was smiling. How can I not love being able to explore all of Tamriel on one character? And, most importantly, true first person with hands and weapons. Much excited, yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    — Voiceovers;
    — 'Active' combat;
    — Mindless PvP endgame;

These can lead us to conclusion that a product is designed for quick cache grab, with its main goal to keep a player for 30/60/90 days so he could not ask for refund. Sadly game designers aren't even trying anymore.
    First 3 you mentioned is not inherently bad. It's the implementation.

Latter 3, um... you'll need to provide examples of mindless PvP (which some people like) and eye candy. As far as I've seen, ESO has less of an eye candy than other games.
    What's wrong with the site layout?

— Voiceovers;
    — 'Active' combat;
    — Mindless PvP endgame;

World of warcraft has started doing voiceovers for senarios and cutscenes for new content, and ppl are still playing, clearly not a cash grab just makes things feel more immersive than reading text all the time, which a majority of players dont read.

'Active' combat, We dont truely know what the combat will be like until we play it but their are alot of popular f2p MMO's that have gone toward an action style of combat so i dont think their isnt a market for action combat MMO's, maybe you dont like those types of games but others do.

Same zones for all characters. Pretty sure most games have the same zones for all characters. In WoW i can visit and quest in anyzone regardless of what character i am, so dont even know what your talking about here.

Mindless PvP endgame, It seems as if the only pvp that will be in the game will be world pvp which you think is mindless, but hundreds of thousands of players across multiple game love to participate in this type of pvp, now alot more like to do your standard BG's or Arena style matches but just because you dont like world pvp doesnt mean that alot of other players wont.

Eye candy over substance, dont even know what your talking about

Minor details like site layout and stripperific concept art. Well seeing as how the game is still being developed and they dont want to release any information that isnt locked in to the game yet i can see why a game in Alpha has little to no game information other than race faction etc. Lots of games have basic sites pre-launch and build up post launch.

Why would you have an indepth site when so much stuff is still subject to change before and during beta.

— Voiceovers;
    'Active' combat;
    — Mindless PvP endgame;

Sorry, people expect more than SNES quality combat from their MMOs these days.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    — Voiceovers;
    Immersion.
    I really enjoyed the voiced Quest-cutscenes in TOR, if it's done well I'm sure I'll enjoy the cutscenes in TESO too.
    — 'Active' combat;
    Why is this bad? Do we really need another hotkey-based MMORPG with >50 keybindings, 40 mostly useless (or only in very specific situations useful) abilities, macros and overall complicated mechanics?
    There are plenty of games that offer that kind of combat already.
    I don't get this point ... each of the three factions has it's own starting zone, other factions can visit this starting zone after max level ... and world-pvp happens in one big zone that every faction can access - or did i get something wrong here?
    — Mindless PvP endgame;
    We, and especially you, don't know anything about the PvP-endgame system. Maybe it's an objective-based teamgame, maybe it's a mindless zerg ...
    Once again. We, and especially you, don't know yet. I really enjoyed the graphics in Skyrim. It added a lot to the immersive feeling this game created.
    Well the homepage looks a little bit like a random fanpage ... and what the hell does "stripperific" mean?

This may YOU lead to any conclusion that you might find appropriate.
    But don't generalize anything here. We don't know quite a lot about this game yet, NDA is still active and the only sources of informations are articles in gaming-magazines/hompages and the stuff zenimax publishes.
    And that's by far not enough information to form a profunded opinion about this game yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 4 classes? They said any class can perform any role right? Tank, healer, DPS? So I guess there's more complexity than it sounds.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Adventure zones are TESO's version of raiding, I'm fairly certain. It is used for solo play, group play, and raid-sized experiences.

Also there will be around 30 heroics, with an extended story in addition to more powerful mobs
    Ok, that sounds pretty good actually.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-20 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Only 4 classes? They said any class can perform any role right? Tank, healer, DPS? So I guess there's more complexity than it sounds.
    Think of them as "base" classes. Your level 50 tank and my level 50 tank, though the exact same class, could have a completely different set of skills, spells, armor preference and overall play style.
    Last edited by trips25; 2013-03-20 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    Think of them as "base" classes. Your level 50 tank and my level 50 tank, though the exact same class, could have a completely different set of skills, spells, armor preference and overall play style.
    Until everyone starts theorycrafting and optimizing everything and then complaining about a lack of variety.

This game needs to focus heavily on immersion to ensure it doesn't go the way of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    So first person is in eh? Probably won't be good for pvp, but people will be able to get their immersion fix.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    Sounds good. Going to have a hard time choosing my class now.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-20 at 04:19 PM.