Question Having some mana issues as Enhancement?

When i am doing dailies or scenarios as Enha i usually lose quite a bit of health when fighting tougher enemies, regardless of me using Glyph of Healing Storm and the defensive/healing totem.
    Especially if i need to heal up after a battle, casting 2 heals leaves my mana pool at like 20 to 30%.

When i resume combat it takes me like a full minute to get my mana back to full, and if i need to heal again (without MW stacks) it takes even longer... so bad that i am actually considering using Glyph of Telluric Currents...
    Quite a few times i even completely ran out of mana during combat (after healing), i could not even use Storm Strike - i usually use Shaman Rage to make my spells free of cost, but even then i barely get 20% of my mana back before it expires.

However i have quite the opposite experience when it comes to my Feral Druid and Retri Paladin (melee that can heal) - after combat i can heal myself for much more and then gain my entire mana back within 10 seconds of combat, while Retri gains a lot of mana regen even when out of combat.

I think Enha needs a much better mechanic to regain mana by either buffing the current one or letting us regenerate a % of our mana every second (like Retri).
    Kinda silly that one of my main issues as Enha (when soloing/scenarios) is running out of mana due to expensive self healing and very poor mana regain mechanics...

Try only casting MW heals (replace LB with these). Use SR defensively. Ditto with wolves. Also take AG and make good use of Earth Ele. This should keep you alive with a high mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Try only casting MW heals (replace LB with these). Use SR defensively. Ditto with wolves. Also take AG and make good use of Earth Ele. This should keep you alive with a high mana pool.
    This will not help me in any way if my mana DOES get low.... which is kinda the point of my thread.
    When Enha's mana gets very low you are pretty much screwed, even Sham Rage can't help you regain enough mana.

i dont understand. how are you losing so much mana? what talents do you have? healing tide, i hope? do you also have healing stream totem on your bars? and when you melee, do you hard cast dps spells? i hope not. also, whats your hit at? give me some information, so i can help you solve this very interesting problem you seem to be having.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    i dont understand. how are you losing so much mana? what talents do you have? healing tide, i hope? do you also have healing stream totem on your bars? and when you melee, do you hard cast dps spells? i hope not. also, whats your hit at? give me some information, so i can help you solve this very interesting problem you seem to be having.
    I am talking mostly about pvp and scenarios/questing, not a raiding situation where we do have unlimited mana (since others heal us).
    As Enha, try casting 3 Healing Surges in a row (to get you from like 10% HP to aprox. 50% hp) - you are OUT of mana.

From that point onward (if you can't drink) your mana will take a long time to recover in combat, unlike every other melee hybrid class.
    Makes no sense that retri and ferals can get their mana bar from 0% to 100% during combat in less than 15 seconds, while Enha needs a good MINUTE to recover anywhere close to full mana.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-03-20 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I am talking mostly about pvp and scenarios/questing, not a raiding situation where we do have unlimited mana (since others heal us).
    As Enha, try casting 3 Healing Surges in a row (to get you from like 10% HP to aprox. 50% hp) - you are OUT of mana.

From that point onward (if you can't drink) your mana will take a long time to recover in combat, unlike every other melee hybrid class.
    Makes no sense that retri and ferals can get their mana bar from 0% to 100% during combat in less than 15 seconds, while Enha needs a good MINUTE to recover anywhere close to full mana.
    My point is that casting 3hs in a row is not necessary if you follow what I outlined and be proactive in combat. Ret doesn't have have nearly the in combat healing we do. It sounds like you are trying to play enh as ret when it is not the same. Apples to oranges.

My point is that casting 3hs in a row is not necessary if you follow what I outlined and be proactive in combat. Ret doesn't have have nearly the in combat healing we do. It sounds like you are trying to play enh as ret when it is not the same. Apples to oranges.
    Hm good point, perhaps more to defense instead to out of combat healing.

However i would still like more mana regen to my enha

i agree. i solo old content and dailies and such and i never have issues with mana. hard casting is not the way to go dude. hard cast's are only in emergencies, and if you have that many emergencies, then you're doing something wrong in your rotation. like the guy said above me and like i said, make sure you are using the right personals, and make sure your using either healing tide or ancestral guidance in hairy situations, and at 75-50% health, you wanna use healing stream totem. just manage your cd's and you should be fine. practice with it a bit.

If you don't already, get the Glyph of Healing Storm. A 5-stack Maelstrom heal will do double the healing, and should more than solve your healing issues.

The best way to get your health back out-of-combat is, believe it or not, going back into combat again. Mental Quickness does give you plenty of mana, but only if you're beating up things. You'll also build up stacks of MW, which will let you heal yourself faster (and better, if you have that glyph). Drop Healing Stream Totem when it's off cooldown if you're still having trouble, and don't be afraid of using damage reduction cooldowns.

Your situation will improve as you gain more gear; your mana pool won't increase, but your spell power will, making each heal worth more. Plus, you'll have a larger health pool so you'll survive longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    If you don't already, get the Glyph of Healing Storm. A 5-stack Maelstrom heal will do double the healing, and should more than solve your healing issues.

The best way to get your health back out-of-combat is, believe it or not, going back into combat again. Mental Quickness does give you plenty of mana, but only if you're beating up things. You'll also build up stacks of MW, which will let you heal yourself faster (and better, if you have that glyph). Drop Healing Stream Totem when it's off cooldown if you're still having trouble, and don't be afraid of using damage reduction cooldowns.

Your situation will improve as you gain more gear; your mana pool won't increase, but your spell power will, making each heal worth more. Plus, you'll have a larger health pool so you'll survive longer.
    The OP is talking about in PVP situations when say u LOS a DPS and cast a couple of healing surges to heal ur self and then boom you're OOM and screwed. Since enh shammies are very popular tunnel targets decent 1's have to run and los and heal them selves to stay alive alot of the time hence the mana issues. Also its not always easy to regen ur mana when ur being kited since you need up time on your target to regen mana which is the real big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    The OP is talking about in PVP situations when say u LOS a DPS and cast a couple of healing surges to heal ur self and then boom you're OOM and screwed. Since enh shammies are very popular tunnel targets decent 1's have to run and los and heal them selves to stay alive alot of the time hence the mana issues. Also its not always easy to regen ur mana when ur being kited since you need up time on your target to regen mana which is the real big issue.
    pretty much this.

Deleted
    I think that your in a good spot, you shouldnt have infinite mana in PvP, like retri pallys have.. They need nerfs, you dont need buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

I have to agree with you, while it's not a HUGE deal.....mana can be problematic esp the slow rate it regens at and dependency on constant melee swings. Apparently they did buff Primal Wisdom in this patch (to make us less reliant on melee range), but I'm not sure just how much it has helped. I like the Ret Pally's constant mp5 mana regen, its like 6% mana every 2 sec which is pretty good IMO. I miss how SS used to give us mana back instead of cost mana, they could bring that back.....for example combine the old Imp SS with Primal Wisdom, so for example SS returns 10% and melee swings give

And it really is ridiculous how we can barely cast 2 heals before going OOM (we should be able to cast like 4 of em), and we only have access to our most expensive heal.....is it really a big deal to give us HW also? Increasing the mana pool, decreasing the mana cost of our heals, or increase our mana regen.....one of those would help solve the problem. Another suggestion is a mana regen CD, because in those PVP situations where we have to burst heal by casting and can't rely only on MW5 it OOMS us and its hard to recover from that right away......so for example bring Mana Spring Totem back as a personal mana CD at 3min, regain a % of mana pool (example: 50% of mana pool over 10 sec) and add some other interesting effect like "spells cost 50% less mana for the duration of mana spring totem and crit increased by 25%".

I have always suggested to bring MST back as a base Shaman CD and have it work differently for each spec......Enh could have the highest %mana regained which is why I suggested 50%, Resto at a more reasonable % for healers like 15-20%.....this way Resto's Mana Tide Totem could be used as a real raid CD while their Mana Spring Totem would be a personal regen CD.

For some reason Stormstrike costs nearly 6000 mana which is like 10% of our total mana pool...

Aside from adding a passive mana regen (like rets have) mana costs of our spells must be reduced - no Enha combat spell should ever cost more than 2500 mana, anything above and its neigh impossible to get mana back in combat after you drop to nearly 0%...