Deleted

pvp staff or onehand

hello guys, i'm not sure about what to chose.

after i did some math i figured out that the staff's stats are higher than on the main+off. The staff gives even 100 more pvpresi but less ~140 int if you calculate with the offhandenchant.

now my question is wether its still better to take main+offhand as dps in pvp?

(hope you understand because english isnt my mother language)

greetings

EDIT:
    here the stats for the Staff in comparison with the main+offhand:
    +26 stamina
    -148int (if 165int offhandenchant)
    +11 crit
    +113 resilience
    +3 spellpower
    +2 pvp power

so actually you only need to decide wether res or int is more important to you... i guess int is a better choice is it?
    Last edited by mmoc315008c80e; 2013-03-19 at 10:14 PM.

PvP power + resil scales better in PvP than int. I would go with which ever gives more resil + pvp

Yeah I had the same question myself. I did the math that you did and I just went with the staff. I also PVP as fire so for me extra 11 crit and PVP Power made the difference. However I think if you are a human you would be better with the MH+OH because you get a racial bonus on expertiese using swords, so you can focus more on other stats than hit. I am a human myself but I really don't like the idea of MH+OH for a mage so I just went with the staff.

Actually, there are swords and daggers, which gives 1% hit for human and gnome mages

Deleted
    so what do you think i should go with ? staff or 1h? i am neither human nor gnome so i actually have no racial bonus for weapons

Deleted
    Typical that as soon as a cool caster sword is released, the staff becomes bis for casters. Maybe this should be moved to the pvp forum as I'd like a good answer on this too.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    Actually, there are swords and daggers, which gives 1% hit for human and gnome mages
    Daggers don't give hit for Humans, only Gnomes.

Gnomes benefit from both, though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Typical that as soon as a cool caster sword is released, the staff becomes bis for casters. Maybe this should be moved to the pvp forum as I'd like a good answer on this too.
    The staff isn't BiS...
    BfA Beta Time

Whch sword? I picked staff last season, had some cool ones to transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    The staff isn't BiS...
    So the dagger/sword and off hand are better? What makes you think this?

Freaze I would just go with the staff in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    so what do you think i should go with ? staff or 1h? i am neither human nor gnome so i actually have no racial bonus for weapons
    I would go MH+OH

10+ Year Old Account
    So the dagger/sword and off hand are better? What makes you think this?
    The biggest reason is that it gives you two things to reforge instead of just one, and it grants more Int which increases the power of your shields while that 2 PvP Power does not. MH/OH has been better for Mages since they took away the special 2-hand enchants.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    The biggest reason is that it gives you two things to reforge instead of just one, and it grants more Int which increases the power of your shields while that 2 PvP Power does not. MH/OH has been better for Mages since they took away the special 2-hand enchants.
    So you want to tell me that the int scales much better than the 100 res? finally a good answer ^^ thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    So you want to tell me that the int scales much better than the 100 res? finally a good answer ^^ thank you
    113 resilience is less than 0.3% damage reduction, iirc. It's not that int scales much better, it's just that the amount of it outweighs the PvP specific stats. Further, you also get more flexibility in reforging with the MH/OH combo, which leads to more stats overall. Basically, unless you need Spirit, the MH/OH combo is better.
    BfA Beta Time